Mechanical Questions Thread

Smoke Mine. I want to like this skill, and use it to kite tough mobs, but since 3.0 it has been broken and is now limited to a clunky 30% movement burst, and to safely trigger boxes (which are nice options to have, but not enough to justify it taking up a valuable gem socket).

Prior to 3.0, I could lay a smoke mine and right away teleport to a previously placed mine, while the newly placed mine was still arming, and without the new mine being triggered and consumed. It was a great mechanic to kite tough mobs, teleporting back and forth, and provided some utility to this rarely used movement skill.

At the start of 3.0 smoke mine was changed, a previously laid smoke mine would not detonate if a recently laid smoke mine was still arming. This effectively erased its ability to be used to efficiently kite tough mobs. This bug has since changed and now (Aug 28, 2017) when a smoke mine is laid, while it is still arming you can trigger a previously placed mine, but it also triggers the still arming mine too, causing you to teleport to the previously placed mine for a fraction of a second before teleporting you right back to the mine you just laid and the spot where you were trying to escape from.

Please fix it to its pre-3.0 behavior, where you could lay a mine, and trigger a previous mine while the one at your feet was still arming.

As a bonus, if you could also remove the line of sight requirement, that would be great.

Thanks
Does "Trigger level 10 Consecrate when you" from Gift from Above can be triggered by Mines?

Thanks a bunch
Hi,

I have a question regarding the Harbinger buffs associated with the Harbinger uniques.

From the Wiki:

Spoiler
> Totems cast by players use their skills according to the player's stats, including modifiers from charges and buffs (like auras) affecting the player.

> Totems use the player's own skills as though the player had cast them. Therefore, buffs and charges (except Endurance Charges) on the player will apply to totems.

Will the harbinger skills affect my totems?

For example: when using the Spinner quiver, will Harbinger of Direction affect my Siege Ballistas? Or another example: when using the Divine staff, will Harbinger of Brutality affect my Ancestral Warchief?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by pirate_yar on Aug 28, 2017, 8:30:58 PM
Can you get Blade Vortex to cast several times with Cast When Damage Taken support?
So that it shows the stacks/charges increasing in the top left?

Or is it not a good active to put with CWDT?

I've only had it put out one set of blades (Number 1 under the buff indicator) when I'm hit.
Several months ago I made a build centered around using Eye of Innocence and Reckless Defense to inflict critical strikes upon myself, and I know it worked because I was able to activate the "120-180 chaos damage if you have taken a critical strike recently" boot enchant without being hit by monsters.

I tried to remake a similar build in harbinger, but it was not functioning and after testing I realized Eye of Innocence is no longer able to inflict critical strikes like did before. Was this an intentional unannounced change, or is this a bug?

I know that Scold's/Heartbound were unable to crit as they are secondary damage, but Eye of Innocence has always been a hit, and not long ago was able to crit you with additional chance to receive critical strikes.
Global Vouch Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647574
If I have Retch, Atziri's Acuity (or another source of instant leech), and Endless Hunger, and I'm at 100% life, and I attack an enemy with a critical strike, will the Retch's "200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage" ability trigger (because Endless Hunger lets me continue to leech at 100% life)?

Or does the instant leech cancel Endless Hunger's ability to leech above 100%, meaning that the Retch won't deal any damage?

In 2.6 it worked, but in 3.0 the interaction of Atziri's Acuity and Endless Hunger seems to have changed.

Thanks!
Hi,

Sorry, could you answer this please? It seems to have been missed.

"
Altissimus wrote:
Hi.

Multistrike - "supports melee attack skills...cannot support vaal, totem, channelling or triggered." Note the absence of "cannot support movement".

Leap Slam / Shield Charge - "Attack, AoE, Movement, Melee"

The fact that the former does not work on the latter makes no sense at all.

Why doesn't it work?

A.

Also, please could you advise how close "nearby" is, as in Belt of the Deceiver? Is it affected by AOE increases in tree?

Thanks,

A

"
Altissimus wrote:
Multistrike - "supports melee attack skills...cannot support vaal, totem, channelling or triggered." Note the absence of "cannot support movement".

Leap Slam / Shield Charge - "Attack, AoE, Movement, Melee"

The fact that the former does not work on the latter makes no sense at all.

Why doesn't it work?

A.

Multistrike can't support movement skills that are meant for controlled movement. Flicker is the exception here, since it's not really controlled movement and also primarily meant for offensive use.
As for belt of the deceiver, I have no idea, but I think the range is rather short.

Alright, now I have a question myself:
Does melee critical strike chance also affect the proctiles from lightning/molten strike? Or rather, if the melee attack is rolled as a crit, are the projectiles guarenteed to crit?

Edit: Another question, if I have iron reflexes and use an evasion body armour, does the juggernaut node "unbreakable" double the armour received through iron reflexes? Or does it nothing in this case?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Aug 29, 2017, 11:41:35 PM
"
Does melee critical strike chance also affect the proctiles from lightning/molten strike? Or rather, if the melee attack is rolled as a crit, are the projectiles guarenteed to crit?

Hey man im gonna be super lame and quote the wiki on this one.

"It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals x% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots projectiles, which deal 75% of the attack damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage).
This means that increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage Support will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception. Do not be deceived by the tooltip DPS of this skill which will change if you apply a melee-exclusive modifier; the tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee portion of the attack and things that modify that, but not the projectile part of the attack."

this would indicate that the crit also gets rolled with its own modifiers. the projectile is separate from the hit, so they should be able to 1 crit and the other not.

Now for my own question. And this is quite basic but its mainly confusion by how people use the word "base damage". This is all over the place.
Basically id like to know how the hight of a hit a player does is calculated. In which order does damage get added and does the scaling apply, and at what point of that calculation is the cut off point for it to be called base damage. (I believe the order for a Full phys hit would be: is flat weapon phys, weapon phys scaling, flat relevant damage, global relevant scaling, skill damage effectiveness, is that correct?) so where lies base damage? (Basically what does bleed scale off aside from ailment and bleed dmg)
The Trickster passive "Patient Reaper" has a bug, the effect said that 70% increased Recovery rate of life, mana and ES, if killed an enemy affected by my DOT damage, however I only see my mana reg increased after I kill enemy with my scorching ray, but the life reg doesnt increased,so this is a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info