Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Biscuit57 wrote:
I think I may have misunderstood the new poison mechanics. Can somebody tell me why in my tooltip it states I'm doing poison damage if I take off all armor and jewelry?

Because it always calculates it - doesn't mean it can be applied. Chance to Poison is another stat entirely :P

Ohhhhh.. got it. So it's "potential" damage if poison were applied. Thanks!
Hello,
I wanted to ask if the 1000 Chaos damage per second and 10 Seconds from Essence of Delirium still exists on Standard Items or if the changes also effected the "legacy" Versions.

Thanks in advance!

e: on poetrade it's only possible to search for 500 damage.
Last edited by Christophsworld on Sep 1, 2017, 8:54:55 AM
I dont read all million pages here, because it is nearly impossible. My question is about elemental ailments rework. Poe wiki doesnt contain updated info yet.

The question is:
As i know, new ailment system have fixed effect time, but the power of effect now based on damage dealt. It is pretty simple to understand such example: monster has 100k hp, i deal 10k lightning dmg and shock it for 4 seconds for maximum possible damage boost. If i deal less dmg, the damage boost will be proportionally less.

More complicated questions:
- is there any minimum damage needed to apply effect in thissituation, or i can simply deal 1 dmg and apply 0% buff (but enemy will count as shocked which can be important in some situations)
- if i deal 10k damage, but cold instead, and have 5% chance to shock, will the game apply shock using my total damage (cold and possible other types) or check for some lightning damage in the hit? If the second answer, whats the point of such support gems/passive nodes?
- Freeze cant have partial effects. It is present or not at any given time. What stats game cheks to apply freeze? And what about its duration?
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Hello, I was wondering about Shield Charge's execution speed (running + recovery animation) benefitting from Attack Speed increases.

Is it linear; +1% Attack Speed = +1% Movement Speed?

Or, most likely, is there a more complicated formula behind it? (And what would that formula be?)

Thank you
"
More complicated questions:
- is there any minimum damage needed to apply effect in thissituation, or i can simply deal 1 dmg and apply 0% buff (but enemy will count as shocked which can be important in some situations)
- if i deal 10k damage, but cold instead, and have 5% chance to shock, will the game apply shock using my total damage (cold and possible other types) or check for some lightning damage in the hit? If the second answer, whats the point of such support gems/passive nodes?
- Freeze cant have partial effects. It is present or not at any given time. What stats game cheks to apply freeze? And what about its duration?

1. Shock needs to apply a minimum of 1% Increased Damage Taken - Chill needs to apply at least 1% Slow.
2. By default, only Lightning Damage is checked for Shock duration.
By default only Crits apply Elemental Ailments. That should make it obvious enough as to why Ailment Chance exists.
3. Freeze mechanics.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

1. Shock needs to apply a minimum of 1% Increased Damage Taken - Chill needs to apply at least 1% Slow.
2. By default, only Lightning Damage is checked for Shock duration.
By default only Crits apply Elemental Ailments. That should make it obvious enough as to why Ailment Chance exists.
3. Freeze mechanics.

I read the topic about freeze some time ago, it wasnt updated.

Now it looks clear. Thank you very much!
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Just an hour ago I wanted to test out the new pale council unique gloves called Volkuur's Guidance and noticed that they're not working as intended.

They read "Fire Damage can Poison" which means that any fire damage should be able to do so as long as poison chance is acquired somewhere else than the gloves as their 20% chance to poison is restricted to Fire Skills.

However, as I specced into 30% chance to poison on the skilltree and used cyclone with the gloves on, I didn't poison anything, therefore it's either bugged, or wrongly worded. If wrongly worded, I'd suggest renaming the mod into "Fire damage from Fire Skills can Poison" as that's still fairly short and should clear up the misunderstanding :P
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
They read "Fire Damage can Poison" which means that any fire damage should be able to do so as long as poison chance is acquired somewhere else than the gloves as their 20% chance to poison is restricted to Fire Skills.

However, as I specced into 30% chance to poison on the skilltree and used cyclone with the gloves on, I didn't poison anything, therefore it's either bugged, or wrongly worded. If wrongly worded, I'd suggest renaming the mod into "Fire damage from Fire Skills can Poison" as that's still fairly short and should clear up the misunderstanding :P

1. Wrong thread for bug reports? :P
2. Avatar of Fire prevents you from dealing Chaos Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Therealshotzz wrote:

1. Wrong thread for bug reports? :P
2. Avatar of Fire prevents you from dealing Chaos Damage.

wrote a mail first to support and they redirected me here :P that AoF thing might actually be the issue, i'll test it out later!
since 3.0 Dot damage are not scale by hit damage
so
what happened when a 100% ignite fireball blocked ?
will hit damage and dot (ignite) damage all blocked or hit damage blocked but ignite still applied

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info