Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi,

I could not find any information on this:

Does the increased AoE from Hierophant's "Illuminated Devotion" apply to the Blight skill from Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves?
Hello,

I have a question concerning the Slayer node Endless hunger. I'm using Dual Strike with a rare sword and the unique claw Bloodseeker. Does the instant leech from the claw stop the life leech effect from the sword?
How much cold damage in a hit do we have to deal to apply chill on the Shaper? Is it per second or in one single hit?

It is very strange that poe.wiki says that 'cold damage always apply chill' but that doesn't seem to be true. Do we have to deal a minimum of 0.33% of target HP to apply chill (0.33% so that target is slowed by 1%)? Is there even a minimum? Is it scaled from target HP dynamically (so when target HP drops we need less cold damage to slow it by 1%). Please, explain that.

If Arctic Armour and Vorex (ground effect) can chill do they always chill any monster/ boss/ guardian/shaper no matter how much HP they have for 2sec?
Last edited by Garfunkel on Sep 3, 2017, 7:03:17 PM
Hi,

So I was wondering about something - I'm using The Rippling Thoughts at the moment with my ED build to utilize the free Arcane Surge you get from the Harbinger summon.

I would like to know if the Arcane Surge will immediately increase the damage of existing DOT instances from Essence Drain/Blight or I have to launch a new ED/stacks new Blight in Arcane Surge's duration in order to get the increased damage.
Hello!

First of all, sorry if I missed some info, but I was check game forum and even some more sites and not find asnwer.

So I guess I found some kind of a bug with Daresso's Salute Citrine Amulet.

I'm using Cyclone Atziri Disfavour Elemental/Phys build with Slayer Ascendancy. 6L looks like - Cyclone - Melee Phys DMG Sup - Added Fire DMG Sup - Damage on Full Life Sup - Maim Sup - Increased AOE Sup. In this setup DMG on Full life increasing my dmg in tooltip for 50% (19/20 gem in Atziri Disfavour) so it works fine, but Daresso's affix with 60% Increased Melee Damage when on Full Life not increasing my damage in tooltip (just an my vision looks like it's not working at all, my damage looks like "not see" those 60% on amulet.

Please explain me this mechanic if possible, may be I don't understand something. I tried to explain this with Blood Rage skill (like I'm not on Full Life with it) and not used it - nope, it's still the same even without Blood Rage (I know that I got overleech it at all, but still).

Thank you.

P.S.: I got an redirect from techsupport team to try to find answer here from one of the Senior Devs. I'm still want to clear things out.
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
Garfunkel wrote:
It is very strange that poe.wiki says that 'cold damage always apply chill' but that doesn't seem to be true. Do we have to deal a minimum of 0.33% of target HP to apply chill (0.33% so that target is slowed by 1%)?

Correct.
"
Garfunkel wrote:
If Arctic Armour and Vorex (ground effect) can chill do they always chill any monster/ boss/ guardian/shaper no matter how much HP they have for 2sec?

Arctic Armour explicitly states its when-Hit Chill lasts only 0.5 seconds. It will always apply.
Ground Ice always Chills, but only for as long as the monster is standing on the Ground Ice. The debuff has no duration - the ground effect does instead.
"
kevodanh wrote:
I would like to know if the Arcane Surge will immediately increase the damage of existing DOT instances from Essence Drain/Blight or I have to launch a new ED/stacks new Blight in Arcane Surge's duration in order to get the increased damage.

Damage over Time updates retroactively, you don't need to re-apply a DoT to benefit from the Damage boost (and the DoT will lose said Damage boost once ASurge ends).
"
Slava_N wrote:
I'm using Cyclone Atziri Disfavour Elemental/Phys build with Slayer Ascendancy. 6L looks like - Cyclone - Melee Phys DMG Sup - Added Fire DMG Sup - Damage on Full Life Sup - Maim Sup - Increased AOE Sup. In this setup DMG on Full life increasing my dmg in tooltip for 50% (19/20 gem in Atziri Disfavour) so it works fine, but Daresso's affix with 60% Increased Melee Damage when on Full Life not increasing my damage in tooltip (just an my vision looks like it's not working at all, my damage looks like "not see" those 60% on amulet.

Do you get +0 Damage from equipping the Amulet, or simply less than you would expect?
Daresso's Salute grants Increased Damage, which is additive with all other sources of Increased/Reduced Damage that you have - damage Passives, Strength, the likes. As such, it won't just increase your Damage by a straight 60%, it'll be much smaller than that.
The Damage on Full Life Support grants More Damage; More and Less modifiers are multiplicative, and as such the DoFL Support will apply as an entirely separate +50% multiplier.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 4, 2017, 8:29:35 AM
Thank you for fast answer Vipermagi, but I know about More/Increased and Additive/multiplicative :) It should increasing my damage for ~14%, but it's not happening.
Path of Building told me about those 14%. Well, Daresso's Amy is the best choice for cyclone imo, cuz of +2 Melee Range and those 14% not a big deal either way. May be I just don't see those 14% difference at all.
So you think it works properly? For me will be enough to know about it works or not. So if it isn't I will go for Carnage Heart, like everyone do.
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
why cadiro is selling legacy brutus lead sprinkler in harbinger league?
Is it true that the melee damage buff from Phase Run is present during both the initial phasing buff and the secondary buff as poe.wiki states? Or it has been ninja fixed?
Hi Mark!

I just have a quick question: whether or not Void Gaze (from Eber's Unification Helm) triggers when Spell Totem is cast.

Whenever I cast spell totem, there is no trigger animation for void gaze; however, when I use shield charge or anything else, there is. Therefore, I am wondering if spell totems works with Eber's Unification.

Thanks and Cheers.
Timezone: PST (California)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info