Mechanical Questions Thread

hi.
i would like to know some things to try making my own build :)

Since discharge has Fire, Cold and Lightning tags, a weapon mod "+2 level of socketed fire gems" applies to it and it works as a n+2 gem even if u consume only power charges for pure lightning damage.
Is it right?

Lets say u have Herald of ice activated and rest of your gems and gears have no cold damage or freeze-related components.
When u do a critical hit on an enemy, does "Adds x Cold Damage" part of HoI cause freeze on him?
and if it does, killing an enemy with single crit hit makes him shatter or he just dies before freeze occurs?
Last edited by aabaRiver on Aug 27, 2017, 1:29:02 PM
This is rather specific but... Does Warrior's Blood "20% increased stun threshold" count for the stuns you deal, take or both.
"
Vladurance wrote:
hello.
some chaos damage questions here.

1-do different sources of chaos damage stacks? (beacon of corruption from srs and decay support gem)

2-when I use decay support gem and allocate some chaos damage and dot skill points on tree,decay gem's damage does not change.why? how can I increase decay damage?

3-do chaos damage and poison damage stack on the same time?

4-if I use decay support gem with a minion gem chaos

no answers? :(
"
Biscuit57 wrote:
I think I may have misunderstood the new poison mechanics. Can somebody tell me why in my tooltip it states I'm doing poison damage if I take off all armor and jewelry?

Because it always calculates it - doesn't mean it can be applied. Chance to Poison is another stat entirely :P
"
aabaRiver wrote:
1. Since discharge has Fire, Cold and Lightning tags, a weapon mod "+2 level of socketed fire gems" applies to it and it works as a n+2 gem even if u consume only power charges for pure lightning damage. Is it right?

2. Lets say u have Herald of ice activated and rest of your gems and gears have no cold damage or freeze-related components.When u do a critical hit on an enemy, does "Adds x Cold Damage" part of HoI cause freeze on him? and if it does, killing an enemy with single crit hit makes him shatter or he just dies before freeze occurs?

1. Yes.
2. Freeze has a minimum duration threshold, which is based on Cold Damage dealt relative to the target's Maximum Life. Herald of Ice alone is not likely to be sufficient to Freeze enemies.
"
Strazik wrote:
This is rather specific but... Does Warrior's Blood "20% increased stun threshold" count for the stuns you deal, take or both.

Take - otherwise it would say Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold :)
"
Vladurance wrote:
1-do different sources of chaos damage stacks? (beacon of corruption from srs and decay support gem)
2-when I use decay support gem and allocate some chaos damage and dot skill points on tree,decay gem's damage does not change.why? how can I increase decay damage?
3-do chaos damage and poison damage stack on the same time?
4-if I use decay support gem with a minion gem chaos

note: Chaos Damage normally refers to flat Damage, Chaos Damage over Time to degeneration.
Not all Chaos Damage is also Damage over Time.

1. Yes, you can stack different Damage over Time effects.
2. Supports never factor in Damage multipliers. It does work though.
3. Yes.
4. I think part of the question was lost here? This probably covers it, but if not, please rephrase :P
Minion Damage does affect Decay Damage when the Decay Support is linked to a Minion. Your Chaos Damage modifiers do not apply - Minions are not you, and do not benefit from your modifiers unless explicitly stated otherwise.
@Vipermagi thanks for answers.
I was going to ask the exact question.
When I use decay support with either srs or zombies the dot damage still does not change even if I have minion damage nodes on skill tree.
I'm playing on Xbox a witch, I got the passive perks for spell crit% (annihilation) and a few other nodes. But when I go to my character and look at my spells like fireball etc the spell crit % is only like 9 or 10% when it should be more like 80%. How come I'm. It seeing the bonus? Help please
Increased, Reduced, More and Less are the four keywords to denote multipliers. Increased and Reduced are additive, More and Less are multiplicative.

150% Increased Crit Chance on Fireball (6% base Crit chance) works out as follows:
6 * (1 + (150/100)) = 6 * 2.5 = 15% Crit chance
Thanks
does the "intimidated" debuff effect work with DoTs?
Does anyone know if Warlord's Mark interact with Ethereal Knives in any way?
The wiki page on EK says that it benefits for unspecified leeches such as Life Leech Support (which works) and WM.

However, I don't notice any replenishment on the energy shield (this char has Ghost Reaver) other than that after not taking damage for a few moments. The overkill burn damage is said not to work with EK.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info