Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi Mark,
Can you explain me this more accuratly please: Scorching Ray now assumes a cast time of 4 seconds for calculating damage in PvP, down from 30 seconds. This will result in significantly reduced damage in PvP.
I mean how that will afect my scorching ray damage in PvP? Can you give me an example pls :)

Thank you in advance!
The Holy Bible
Last edited by Scryer16 on Aug 2, 2017, 11:29:13 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
PSA for new players: support may have asked you to post your questions here, but Mark hasn't answered anything in this thread since May because he prefers other forums.

Viperesque and Raics are the most likely to answer your questions.

Good luck in Wraeclast. You will be lost.

Still valid. I think it deserves a repost everytime Mark answers a question elsewhere while continuing to neglect the place where support tells you to ask your questions.
This is still not true. The next post for this thread is being worked on at the rate I'm able. When that post is ready (answering a full page of questions, as with each of my posts after the first couple), it will be posted. This thread has not, by any measure, been abandoned - every question* will be answered, in order. Some take time, and sometimes (such as while working substantial overtime in the runup to our biggest ever patch, for example) I have less time to devote to writing the next post.

This is still the best, and only, place to post a question to get a guaranteed dev answer. But the nature of committing to answering all questions* means this thread cannot guarantee fast answers. There are, as was pointed out at the start of the thread, more people asking questions than there are mes answering them, and answers often take longer than questions.

I also answer quick questions, when I'm easily able, elsewhere on the forums, and in other places. That's in addition to answering questions here, not instead of.

*excepting off-topic questions, questions already answered in the thread, questions about information I cannot release, or questions so broad as to be unanswerable.

This has to be the most polite "stop being a dick" I have ever read.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
This has to be the most polite "stop being a dick" I have ever read.

I got redirected to here a few months ago when I asked support a mechanics question over email. The questions were eventually addressed by Raics. It's been frustrating to see Mark's name keep popping up in red on gggtracker in the meantime - answering on a forum where a certain mod prevents people from communicating with GGG.

I absolutely understand that they've been in crunch time for 3.0 and don't expect an answer from a mod - directly or otherwise. However, I expect everyone to play by the same rules.

If emails to support are redirected here, qq posts on Reddit should be redirected here as well - instead of being addressed by devs.

Do you think that expectation of fairness is "dickish"?

The posts Mark quoted were 100% dickish.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Can Ice trap chill? Was not able to find this information
I have a weird conversion question. I start with ice shot which converts 60% phys dmg to cold. Then I take the passives Weapon Cold Damage and Winter Spirit to convert 40% physical damage to cold.

So now I should have 100% cold damage right? Here's where it gets tricky: I then take cold to fire support gem and Avatar of Fire.

Now... will all my cold damage be converted to fire damage? Or is there a priority system that will keep some of it as cold damage?
Hi!

How will Kongor's Undying Rage and Perfect Agony work together? Will the resulting ailments still do extra damage, despite the critical strikes (hits) themselves dealing none? Or will there be no benefit?

Looking forward to the new content!
Cheers.
"
Learis wrote:
I have a weird conversion question. I start with ice shot which converts 60% phys dmg to cold. Then I take the passives Weapon Cold Damage and Winter Spirit to convert 40% physical damage to cold.

So now I should have 100% cold damage right? Here's where it gets tricky: I then take cold to fire support gem and Avatar of Fire.

Now... will all my cold damage be converted to fire damage? Or is there a priority system that will keep some of it as cold damage?

There is one, skill conversion should go before passive conversion and converting to different elements goes in the lightning-cold-fire-chaos order, with any conversion over 100% scaling down. So, 60% of physical should go to cold, the remaining 40% should go to cold and fire at a ratio of 4:5 and 100% of cold will go to fire. So, the end result is you will do 100% of your physical base as fire damage, 78% will go through cold and 22% directly to fire.

I was using 'should' above because the skill-passive priority was a bit bugged in 2,6 for some skills and I don't know if it was fixed or not.

"
G3rty wrote:
Hi!

How will Kongor's Undying Rage and Perfect Agony work together? Will the resulting ailments still do extra damage, despite the critical strikes (hits) themselves dealing none? Or will there be no benefit?

Looking forward to the new content!
Cheers.

You should probably wait for Mark to confirm it, but if Kongor's multiplier removal works properly so it applies only to hits made with the weapon, it should work, because it doesn't remove your crit multi globally.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The new patch notes say RF damage was nerfed by 20%. Is that a reflection of previous changes that were introduced before which said on the skill "you deal 40% of your health per second while burning (down from 50%)" or it's even a further nerf to RF?

- Founder of Bers RF
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
raics wrote:

You should probably wait for Mark to confirm it, but if Kongor's multiplier removal works properly so it applies only to hits made with the weapon, it should work, because it doesn't remove your crit multi globally.

Thanks!
Do the Lightning Strike Projectiles not benefit from the Ruthless support gem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info