Mechanical Questions Thread

Yes exactly. Thanks, it worked :)
Hi all

The Increased Projectile Speed from Winds of Change gauntlets, will increase speed of Molten Strike projectiles?
Hello there,

If I link spell totem with dark pact and do not control skeletons, will the life of the player or totem that casts the spell be sacrificed?
Is there any rounding done in the effective stun threshold calculation? It's one area where rounding would cause useful breakpoints, for example:

129% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.92x effective stun threshold
140% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.93x effective stun threshold
155% reduced enemy stun threshold = -0.94x effective stun threshold

If effective stun threshold is rounded to two decimal places, then there'll be ranges where more of the stat doesn't make a difference, until the next increment of +/- 0.01x effective stun threshold is reached.
Dear PoE developers,

Could you please clarify one moment with Shaper's Orbs: I saved some orbs from legacy league (spent some currency to unshape atlas) however after merge almost all of this orbs disappeared! Only two orbs T8 and T9 left on my character (Norst). I don't found any information that Shaper's orbs are viable only during league so that seems like a BUG that leads to loosing currency. Could you please clarify this moment for further leagues!
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Hi all

The Increased Projectile Speed from Winds of Change gauntlets, will increase speed of Molten Strike projectiles?

Nope. Motlen strike Projectiles travel at a fixed speed.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
I've been reading through the 3.0 patch notes and I'm not sure what does the Cyclone change mean exactly.

"Cyclone's additional melee range now applies to unarmed attacks. Cyclone now also uses pathfinding to determine where the skill will take the player (as opposed to moving in a direct line).
Cyclone's description has been updated."

Currently on beta the additional melee range seems to apply to both, but this would suggest that it no longer applies to attacks with weapons. Could you clarify what this change mean? Thanks!
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
PSA for new players: support may have asked you to post your questions here, but Mark hasn't answered anything in this thread since May because he prefers other forums.

Viperesque and Raics are the most likely to answer your questions.

Good luck in Wraeclast. You will be lost.

Still valid. I think it deserves a repost everytime Mark answers a question elsewhere while continuing to neglect the place where support tells you to ask your questions.
This is still not true. The next post for this thread is being worked on at the rate I'm able. When that post is ready (answering a full page of questions, as with each of my posts after the first couple), it will be posted. This thread has not, by any measure, been abandoned - every question* will be answered, in order. Some take time, and sometimes (such as while working substantial overtime in the runup to our biggest ever patch, for example) I have less time to devote to writing the next post.

This is still the best, and only, place to post a question to get a guaranteed dev answer. But the nature of committing to answering all questions* means this thread cannot guarantee fast answers. There are, as was pointed out at the start of the thread, more people asking questions than there are mes answering them, and answers often take longer than questions.

I also answer quick questions, when I'm easily able, elsewhere on the forums, and in other places. That's in addition to answering questions here, not instead of.

*excepting off-topic questions, questions already answered in the thread, questions about information I cannot release, or questions so broad as to be unanswerable.
Hey Mark.
So, in 3.0 we are not able to select torment as a zana mod. What happens to torment specific uniques? No way to chance them?
The new patch notes say RF damage was nerfed by 20%. Is that a reflection of previous changes that were introduced before which said on the skill "you deal 40% of your health per second while burning (down from 50%)" or it's even a further nerf to RF?

- Founder of Bers RF
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info