Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, first of all, I am sorry for my bad english, thats not my main language.

My question is: The Ancient Reliquary Key, will continue to provide relic items in standard league, when the legacy league have been finished?
Hi Mark, I know that for golems, the base critical strike chance depends on the skill they use (I assume 5% for most cases). What I want to know is the base critical strike chance for Summon Stone Golem which does melee damage. It is also 5% like me? Furthermore, will Increased Critical Strikes Support Gem work with Summon Stone Golem? Assuming it does and that the base chance is 5%, is it correct that a Level 1 ICSS gem (50% Increased Chance and 1% Base Chance) will grant the Stone Golem (5+1)*1.5=9% chance to crit (I am assuming my passive skill tree does not affect the golem)? I currently have a Level 18 ICSS gem(84% Increased Chance and 1.8% Base Chance) so should it be (5+1.8)*1.84=12.512% chance to crit? But the character tab for my stone golem only shows 7.00%.
Last edited by syjytg on Aug 12, 2017, 1:08:40 AM
Just one question: The cloud part of Caustic Arrow is not considered "attack" so it does not get improved by the new Frenzy charges change, right?
"
intre wrote:
Just one question: The cloud part of Caustic Arrow is not considered "attack" so it does not get improved by the new Frenzy charges change, right?

It does, the wording is 'more damage with attack skills', not 'more attack damage with skills'. It's still a generic damage bonus, it just applies exclusively to skills that have the 'attack' tag.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 29, 2017, 7:14:07 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
intre wrote:

It does, the wording is 'more damage with attack skills', not 'more attack damage with skills'. It's still a generic damage bonus, it just applies exclusively to skills that have the 'attack' tag.

I know it has the "attack" tag but I think it only applies to the hit part. In example, you can not leech from the cloud damage. Also "attack" modifiers do not improve the dps of the cloud.

From the Wiki, Damage over Time:

Natively modifiers to attack damage (i.e. weapon damage, melee damage, etc.) and spell damage do not apply to damage over time effects unless specifically stated so, as observed on skills like Contagion, Essence Drain or Vortex.

Just wanted to be sure about this.
Last edited by intre on Jul 29, 2017, 7:26:12 AM
GGG_Neon already confirmed on page 2 of the latest dev manifesto thread that:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
"
I saw someone mention the DoTs, for example. Given that frenzy charges only work with attacks now, do they improve the damages of Caustic Arrow's cloud ? Poisons ? Bleed ? I know they do with Trickster now, but in general ? That is something huge to take into consideration.

The current stat is "x% More Damage with Attack Skills" meaning it would apply to damaging ailments, Caustic Arrow.

so yes, frenzy charge is still awesome for CA's cloud damage.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
intre wrote:
I know it has the "attack" tag but I think it only applies to the hit part. In example, you can not leech from the cloud damage. Also "attack" modifiers do not improve the dps of the cloud.

I meant the gem tag, not the internal damage type tags. It works the same way as Bronn which has 'increased damage with movement skills', so if the gem has 'movement' tag up there you get a generic damage increase.

"
raics wrote:
"
intre wrote:

I meant the gem tag, not the internal damage type tags. It works the same way as Bronn which has 'increased damage with movement skills', so if the gem has 'movement' tag up there you get a generic damage increase.

There's a difference. An attack skill like Cyclone does not have 2 separate damage values like Caustic Arrow does, that's why attack damage modifiers do not apply to the caustic cloud.

Anyway, in previous post was copied a text from a Dev, so I'll suppose that Frenzy charges will work with the caustic cloud. I'm saying "I'll suppose" because I'm not sure even if it comes from a dev. I'll test the dps after patch in my CA Scion.
"
intre wrote:
There's a difference. An attack skill like Cyclone does not have 2 separate damage values like Caustic Arrow does, that's why attack damage modifiers do not apply to the caustic cloud.

Sure there is, but mods that are worded like that do not make that distinction, the 'attack' keyword is next to 'skill', not 'damage', that means it defines the gem tag instead of damage type. The skill can do any kind of damage, as long as it has the specified gem tag the bonus will apply.

Last edited by raics on Jul 29, 2017, 8:37:00 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
intre wrote:

Sure there is, but mods that are worded like that do not make that distinction, the 'attack' keyword is next to 'skill', not 'damage', that means it defines the gem tag instead of damage type. The skill can do any kind of damage, as long as it has the specified gem tag the bonus will apply.

Open Path of Building. Create a Caustic Arrow char. Take the tree to Graceful Assault node, which gives a 16% increased Attack Damage. Select and unselect the node and check if the cloud dps of the CA changes. I just tested this: it does not change. That's because though the CA gem has the "attack" tag, the cloud part is not an attack, so attack damage modifiers do not apply to it.

BTW it does change the hit dps of the skill, though it's irrelevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info