Mechanical Questions Thread

"
I'm curious if shocking yourself is damaging yourself.

Nope. Damaging yourself involves, well.. taking Damage :) Applying Shock through Malachai's Loop does not deal Damage to you.

"
Zakaluka wrote:
This is largely unknown and isn't a simple thing to extract from the game's data files. Vipermagi once told me that someone tested monster armour rating somewhat during the 0.9 era during open beta, and found that most monsters have so little that it might as well be zero.

Source for that statement (or the most recent one I know of anyways, you might be referencing an earlier statement? Iunno :P )

"
broomish wrote:
Does the "100% increased global defenses" On the skin of the loyal also scale flask effects that add flat attributes? Like 3000 Evasion becomes 6000?

Yes. Worth noting, being an Increased-type modifier, it's additive with all your Increased Evasion Rating/Defences; it'll only become 6000 if you have exactly zero other applicable modifiers :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 15, 2017, 11:36:26 AM
Hi all, its about Death's Oath plate.

1. The chaos damage of Death's Oath can be increased by nodes on passive tree such as increased chaos damage and damage over time?

2. Enemies will take more damage from Death's Oath with the passive of Occultist, Void Beacon?

3. The vulnerabilty curse will affect the damage on enemies received from Death's Oath?

4. The bonus of damage and recovery rate from Trickster passive, Patient Reaper, works with Death's Oath?

Last edited by Higorvilpon on Jul 15, 2017, 10:02:09 PM
Is there any upper limit for the number of poison stacks on a single target. My build for 3.0 might be able to put upwards of 500+ poisons on a single target so I am concerned since emberwake limited ignites to 300, poison might have a similar cap that just isn't talked about.
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Zzz.boy wrote:
Hello, i have a question about combination of two unique rings.
How many staks of burning will recieve target, which will take burning from neighboring dead monster? And how will work these rings with Eficacy Support or Elemental Proliferation Support gems. Sry for bad english.

Emberwake was changed in beta: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Emberwake.

GGG expects you to be on Reddit 24/7 to know that.

Ok, ty. But i still have question about work these rings together with gems.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

"
Zakaluka wrote:
This is largely unknown and isn't a simple thing to extract from the game's data files. Vipermagi once told me that someone tested monster armour rating somewhat during the 0.9 era during open beta, and found that most monsters have so little that it might as well be zero.

Source for that statement (or the most recent one I know of anyways, you might be referencing an earlier statement? Iunno :P )

No, I was only referencing something you told me once, that's the right quote. I got version info wrong, I meant to imply this info was from the open beta era. I suppose 0.9 is closed beta. Not quite correct.

Anyway, the point is a GREAT deal has changed since any official info on this subject and it's still not something anyone has bothered to datamine. We don't have any real info from the current state of the game.

I think it'd be silly if still no monster in the game (especially the atlas) has more than 1000 armour rating. It just wouldn't seem to add up with what we know about boss and guardian elemental&chaos resistances. Also just giving monsters a big chunk of flat physi DR would be less interesting than a good split of DR+armour.

So maybe the accepted answer still holds, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's changed.

I still think some basic trials are warranted, unless someone can work out how to extract that info from the gamefiles. I'll probably eventually motivate myself to run them. I'm probably not able to extract that kind of info with a hex editor anymore, too tricky a puzzle for me these days.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 17, 2017, 10:34:16 AM
I repeat my question: Can labyrinth uniques like death's door boots and winds of change ancient gloves be chanced outside the labyrinth?
Does animate guardian has a critical strike chance when unarmed? Ist there a Chance exept of the chritical strike jewel to give him an unarmed critical strike chance?
Hello, not sure whether this question was asked before, however, how does Deadeye's ascendancy "Far Shot" work with Point Blank, does the order of taking them influence on the mechanic?
"
kompaniet wrote:
I repeat my question: Can labyrinth uniques like death's door boots and winds of change ancient gloves be chanced outside the labyrinth?

No, as a rule uniques that require a specific location or enemy to drop can't be chanced.

"
INR4GE wrote:
Hello, not sure whether this question was asked before, however, how does Deadeye's ascendancy "Far Shot" work with Point Blank, does the order of taking them influence on the mechanic?

Both will apply with whatever value they have at the time of the hit, they are separate damage multipliers so the order doesn't matter.

"
Schmusezeit wrote:
Does animate guardian has a critical strike chance when unarmed? Ist there a Chance exept of the chritical strike jewel to give him an unarmed critical strike chance?

Got a facebreaker guardian and I've seen him crit sometimes. Minimum crit chance was once locked at 5% for players even if your base was 0%, I assume it's still the same for minions and monsters.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
thank you raics. that's a good rule to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info