Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Wooser69 wrote:
With Forsaken Masters release we were given info on the chance to find masters - 20% in the wild and 50% in maps iirc. So what about map trials?
I've been told it's a 10% chance.

Just wanted to thank you for this - I was interested myself. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
AusterlitZ wrote:
Would Rapid Decay increase a DoT damage caused by Ancestral Warchief?
Yes (assuming it is supporting the Ancestral Warchief skill).

"
TheMipchunk wrote:
What determines if a projectile hits a Frost Wall? Sometimes it passes through (such as using Explosive Arrow), even though the character has no pierce chance. Are Frost Wall segments capable of evading?
Your projectiles cannot interact with your frost wall (as of patch 2.4.0). However, in the case of an enemy Frost Wall, the wall is made of multiple overlapping segments. Since projectiles cannot shotgun, only one projectile from a particular fireing can collide with each segment - this will sometimes allow some through.
Frost Wall segments do not have evasion, but the maximum chance to hit is 95%, so it is theoretically possible to miss one.

"
TheMipchunk wrote:
When wearing The Retch, allocating the Endless Hunger notable, and using instantaneous life leech, will the Retch's "Life Leech applies to enemies as Chaos Damage" modifier deal instant chaos damage when at full life?
Yes.

"
TheMipchunk wrote:
When wearing the Retch, if you are leeching from many enemies simultaneously, such that your maximum leech rate is reached, so that the leech from many of those enemies are not actually giving you any further recovery, do those enemies still take chaos damage from the Retch's modifier?
Yes. Your total recovery per second from Leech is capped, but the damage to enemies has no cap.

"
TheMipchunk wrote:
When wearing Daresso's Defiance and allocating the Unflinching notable, when you are hit (and assuming both effects trigger), do you first gain an endurance charge and then lose it, gaining at least 1 second of Onslaught, or do you lose all endurance charges, gain Onslaught, and then gain one endurance charge?
The former, although you aren't guarunteed at least 1 second of Onslaught in all cases - if your maximum number of Endurance Charges is 0, the initial gaining of a charge will fail, and you won't have any to lose.

"
zbouby25 wrote:
What's lacerate base range ?

"
xrook wrote:
can you still leach him during his "immortal reflect phase"? if no, then its an insta-rip even if i have instant leach and just store the map somewhere
I've asked around, an no-one is sure which boss you're asking about here. If you're referring to Izaro, who becomes effectively "immortal" when he reaches a life threshold but does not reflect, then the answer is yes.
If you're referring to Atziri, who does have a reflect phase, but is not immune during it (and would likely not appreciate being called "him"), the answer is also yes.

"
xrook wrote:
will assassins toxic/noxious strike roll once on multistrike or will it roll in each individual strikes?
Each hit.

"
SamuraiDukey wrote:
I had a few questions about an interaction between Iron Reflexes and some evasion equipment. If I wear Queen of the Forest with the Juggernaut ascendancy passive Unstoppable and will my movement speed be at 0% because of the penalty or will it be ~14% and unaffected by the Queen of the Forest's movement penalty.
You have no Evasion Rating due to having converted it all to Armour with Iron Reflexes. Queen of the Forest cannot grant you any movement speed in that situation. It still grants 25% reduced Movement Speed, but this is cancelled out by the Unstoppable node, assuming you don't have any other bonuses to movement speed.

"
SamuraiDukey wrote:
if I'm wearing Queen of the Forest, other evasion gear and grace, will I benefit from the additional movement speed buff from Queen of the Forest or will there be no benefit due to Iron Reflexes converting all my evasion to armor?
Same as above.

"
SamuraiDukey wrote:
if I do not pick up Unstoppable and get Art of the Gladiator instead, does it work the same way? Will I get the movement buff/penalty from Queen of the Forest?
Art of the Gladiator prevents the inherent movement speed penalty from wearing armour items. It does not interact with the explicit mod on Queen of the Forest.

"
Noah41 wrote:
Do higher tier maps drop more items regardless of affixes? like does a white t12 map drop more items than a white t7?
No.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
What is the amount of increased damage taken applied by a sentinel of that type, and can the effect stack if within multiple areas applying the same debuff?
Assuming you're talking about the "Endless Pain" Sentinel traps in the labyrinth, those apply 50% increased damage taken.

"
Felix35071 wrote:
This would mean other degens (Death's Oath, Bleed, Ignite, etc) would also not count as main/offhand and so would not grant charges, correct?
Correct.

"
Mothren wrote:
What is the formula to calculate the time between a blast rain's first explosion and the arrow drawn animation by the character?
There is not a formula to calculate this, nor is there a specific "arrow drawn" animation on the character.

Using Blast Rain plays it's attack animation, which includes drawing an arrow. This animation takes the attack time of the skill to complete. At the point in that animation where the arrow is realeased (which may differ slightly between classes), the skill "goes off" and starts waiting for the explosions to fall. There's a 600ms delay before the first explosions falls (which is affected by modifiers to both attack speed and projectile speed), and the falling animation takes 270ms (cannot be modified).

"
Is the monster accuracy on the wiki correct (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_accuracy) ?
No.

"
Does the character sheet still stop increasing the level of enemies assumed for these sorts of calculations(also, which level) ?
The character panel, for stats which are calculating an estimate against an average monster of your level, will use a monster of level 84 if your level is higher than that.

"
When using Multistrike/Spell Echo with a Diamond flask, does the additional roll of the lucky effect happen once for each attack/spell in a set or once for all hits?
It affects the crit roll, which is only made once per skill use.
"
What happens when the diamond flask runs out before you completed all attacks/casts in a set?
Nothing. The crit roll for the skill was already made.
If you have CI, does that mean that melee damage on full life support will always be up for you? I assume yes, but wanted to be sure. I was wondering about it for a CI Blade Flurry toon, running CWDT - Puncture to use Bloodlust Support as well.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
VictusBcb wrote:
If you have CI, does that mean that melee damage on full life support will always be up for you?

Yes
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
question about Scourge claw,

when DW, it increases your global damage by 140% when you hit.
This increases your physical damage by 140%.

Now let's say I use hatred, i gain 36% of phy as cold. Will the resulting cold damage again be boosted by the claws' 140% increase damage?
"
oh_ wrote:
question about Scourge claw,

when DW, it increases your global damage by 140% when you hit.
This increases your physical damage by 140%.

Now let's say I use hatred, i gain 36% of phy as cold. Will the resulting cold damage again be boosted by the claws' 140% increase damage?

No.

Technically, it depends on what you mean by "again be boosted," but in all likelihood the answer to what you mean is "No." Conversion and added-as mechanics don't double dip.

Example: Suppose you have:
average damage of 100 physical
500% increased physical damage
100% increased cold damage
Two The Scourge claws
Hatred at 36%

So, without hitting:
100 physical -> 100 phys + 36 phys-cold

100 physical * (1 + 5.00) = 600 physical
36 phys-cold * (1 + 5.00 + 1.00) = 252 cold

With hitting:
100 physical * (1 + 5.00 + 1.40) = 740 physical
36 phys-cold * (1 + 5.00 + 1.00 + 1.40) = 302.4 cold

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Question about
and

regarding the increased melee dmg of Daresso's: it can never proc with attacks due to Hezmana's spending life - and thus never being on full life - or am I wrong? When is "full life" checked?

And is it shown on the skill's (sunder in this case) tooltip DPS?

Thx
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on May 17, 2017, 8:58:37 AM
"
adghar wrote:

No.

Technically, it depends on what you mean by "again be boosted," but in all likelihood the answer to what you mean is "No." Conversion and added-as mechanics don't double dip.

Example: Suppose you have:
average damage of 100 physical
500% increased physical damage
100% increased cold damage
Two The Scourge claws
Hatred at 36%

So, without hitting:

100 physical * (1 + 5.00) = 600 physical
36 phys-cold * (1 + 5.00 + 1.00) = 252 cold

With hitting:
100 physical * (1 + 5.00 + 1.40) = 740 physical
36 phys-cold * (1 + 5.00 + 1.00 + 1.40) = 302.4 cold

I see. Great! thanks for this man. Understand the calcs now.
"
Wazz72 wrote:
When is "full life" checked?

And is it shown on the skill's (sunder in this case) tooltip DPS?

It's checked on hit, so if you used a skill that hits continuously or after a delay (like cyclone or earthquake) you might get the bonus if your life refilled before the hit.

The tooltip will show it, you can check that one yourself.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info