Mechanical Questions Thread

"
adghar wrote:
"
I would like to know if i use a totem linked with Bloodlust Support does it benefit from having Bloodletting?

Your Totems use your character's and only your character's offensive stats. Both of the stats on the Bloodletting passive node are offensive stats. To wit:

"30% increased Physical Damage over Time" This will not help your Totem.
"25% increased Attack Damage against Bleeding Enemies" This will help your totem, assuming your target has Bleeding from a source that is not your totem. That is, if I'm reading your question right, the answer would be "Yes, it stacks."

Thanks :D, yes i was planning to use Puncture myself and buff it with temporal chains, thanks agai.
Is it possible to block the self-inflicted damage coming from eye of innocence?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Is there a way to turn of the ai that decides how you move.

Basically I want to move in the direction i clicked with my mnouse. And NEVER a different direction. I dont mind running into walls or mobs. I do mind running places I dont want to go becouse the AI is based on a wrong principle
Hi!

So I was looking at builds, and found https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1869039 and I was wondering a bit about the interactions here. He uses Rigwald's Quills for Fork, but then also chain in the Tornado Shot setup. Now, according to the wiki projectiles can only either pierce, chain or fork, but not do any 2. Yet looking at his video it really looks like it's both forking and chaining. Is this because it's the initial Tornado Shot projectiles that fork, and the subprojectiles from TS going off are considered "new" projectiles, so they chain since they haven't forked?

Or am I missing something?
"
Kleintje wrote:
Is there a way to turn of the ai that decides how you move.

Basically I want to move in the direction i clicked with my mnouse. And NEVER a different direction. I dont mind running into walls or mobs. I do mind running places I dont want to go becouse the AI is based on a wrong principle

Uh...? Perhaps you'd enjoy using the Move Only command if you aren't already. It is the icon with two grey footprints when you select a skill for your skill bar. It is not itself a skill but if you pretend it is one you should be able to find the command and use it quite easily.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Hi!

So I was looking at builds, and found https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1869039 and I was wondering a bit about the interactions here. He uses Rigwald's Quills for Fork, but then also chain in the Tornado Shot setup. Now, according to the wiki projectiles can only either pierce, chain or fork, but not do any 2. Yet looking at his video it really looks like it's both forking and chaining. Is this because it's the initial Tornado Shot projectiles that fork, and the subprojectiles from TS going off are considered "new" projectiles, so they chain since they haven't forked?

Or am I missing something?

You may have misread the wiki. There is an order in which Projectile-related propagation mechanics work; a projectile cannot Pierce, Chain, and Fork at the same time but it is perfectly possible for one projectile to do all three over the course of its lifetime.

The wiki lists priorities: Pierce > Fork > Chain > Return. So the projectile, when it Hits an enemy, it sorta asks itself some questions, where Yes = proceed to next target, and No = check next mechanic, so it goes like "Did I Pierce? No, okay, did I Fork? Yes then proceed to next target" where the whole question process repeats itself again ("Did I Pierce...?")

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi, will I have resistance when using Minion and totem elemental resistance Support + stone Golem +flesh offering(bone offer) ??? (with the active mistress of sacrifice) ty.
"
MicroTechno wrote:
Hi, will I have resistance when using Minion and totem elemental resistance Support + stone Golem +flesh offering(bone offer) ??? (with the active mistress of sacrifice) ty.

No

Don't be misled by tags on skills. Most of the time they help you think about Supportability, but they are not hard and fast rules, which means you have to apply some critical thinking (or look things up, or ask in this thread like you just did :). Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support does nothing to Flesh Offering, and grants elemental resistance to your golem Minion. It does nothing to your golem Buff (if you read the support gem's description, a golem's Buff isn't a "Totem" or "Minion" "summoned by Supported Skill," so it can't have the stat granted :P Similarly, Bone Offering doesn't summon any minions, it grants a Buff, and that Buff is not a totem or minion. So it can't benefit from the Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support in any way.

Gem tags are only reliable when talking about gem bonuses (e.g., "+1 to level of socketed Fire Gems")

I've been searching all the post but there is no definitive answer.
1. Can totems (specifically Ancestor Warchief and Ancestor Protector) missed on hit ?
2. If I get Unwavering Stance, do totems also can't be stunned ?
Last edited by TeddieJohan on May 16, 2017, 3:14:25 PM
"
potvin93 wrote:
I was wondering how to do the rampage challenge with 1000 killstreask with my summoner and i saw there is a pair of gloves to be on rampage (Wyrmsign) and thinking how get a maximum endurance charge. So by reducing my maximum capacity the endurance charge, i'll be at the maximum!

However, it doesn't seem to work. Is it me that i don't understand the maximum endurance charge while at 0/0 or it's a bug?
While at 0/0 Endurance Charges, you are at maximum Endurance chargse, and will thus have Rampage from Wyrmsign. However, this just allows you to start Rampage Killstreaks, and the killstreaks themselves won't show up until they reach 25 kills. So I suspect you just haven't killed enough enemies to see the killstreak.

"
Wooser69 wrote:
With Forsaken Masters release we were given info on the chance to find masters - 20% in the wild and 50% in maps iirc. So what about map trials? I've finally managed to get 6/6 but only because of global 820. The chance seems to be 5-10% maximum with the number of maps I've ran.

Also, does the tier of map have any effect on the chance to find them? Or the size of the map? I ran many, many dunes because they're the smallest map to explore and try to find a trial in. I however most notably remember finding them in higher tier maps, or zana areas.
I've been told it's a 10% chance.

"
hq78 wrote:
working with the hypothermia cold support and elemental focus support gem on vortex.

i am using ice golem(if that even matters), and vortex is linked to elemental focus support however i am noticing that monsters that get hit by vortex still "appear" to be getting "chilled"

my question is are these monsters actually chilled? and will hypothermia support gem along with the elemental focus support work?
The Vortex skill cannot chill enemies directly when it hits them, but it still places a ground effect which chills enemies standing in it. Because the enemies are bein chilled by the ground effect, not directly by the skill, this is "getting around" the restriction on Elemental Focus.

"
I am an Assassin and I am using Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery. Will the bleeding and poison damage over time still take affect if an enemy is chilled or frozen?
Yes. Freezing or Chilling enemies has no bearing on them being Poisoned or Bleeding, other than the fact that being Frozen will prevent them from voluntarily moving.

"
Mandrix wrote:
I'm curious about an interaction with the saboteur node "Born in the Shadows". Does the 30% increased damage against blinded enemies work like vulnerability?
No. It says it increases your damage, not their damage taken. It would have to say something like "Blinded Enemies take x% increased Damage from you" to be a modifier to damage taken, like the one from Vulnerability.

"
The_x_ile wrote:
how does lightning strike with 0 chance to pierce and chain support work with frostwall?
As of 2.4.0, your projectiles cannot collide with your Frost Wall at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info