Mechanical Questions Thread

I have a question: what exactly counts as "shatter"? For as far as i know this word is only used on HoI and shattered chains.
What I am mainly wondering is if only killing a frozen enemy counts as "shattering" it, or if effect such as pyre ("Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill") count as such?
"
tompie wrote:
I have a question: what exactly counts as "shatter"? For as far as i know this word is only used on HoI and shattered chains.

Shatter specifically refers to a monster reaching zero Life and being Frozen, causing it to explode into icy chunks.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
tompie wrote:

Shatter specifically refers to a monster reaching zero Life and being Frozen, causing it to explode into icy chunks.

Thank you for the quick response!

I actually figured I could test this myself using same old character just after posting. I could indeed not get any HoI procs using flameblast, pyre, HoI and AoF.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
tompie wrote:

Dude, do you just ignore me?
Hey guys, what's going on? Where is the answer to my question, it is VERY important:
I have a question if I connect the BV + IQ gem, and if I kill the monsters by an explosion from the wand obliteration, will IQ work?
Hello, I did my best in searching for the following answers and did not find them, but my apologies if you have already answered these:

1) Does the Animate Guardian alternate between main-hand and off-hand when attacking with two one-handed weapons equipped?

2) Does the glove enchant "of Spite" hit with both weapons when dual wielding or are half of the projectiles from your main-hand and the other half from your off-hand? My question is particularly related to the unique axe "Dyadus"; essentially, can the chill that procs from hitting with the off-hand be triggered by Spite? (it seems clear that the ground effect of the Spite enchantment does not count towards the "enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage", so I am trying to figure out convenient ways to proc that debuff)

3) On a similar note, does the "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage" debuff stack? Meaning if you dual wield Dyadus axes, do enemies you chill now take 200% increased burning damage?

Thank you!
"
Deadseeds wrote:
Hello, I did my best in searching for the following answers and did not find them, but my apologies if you have already answered these:

1) Does the Animate Guardian alternate between main-hand and off-hand when attacking with two one-handed weapons equipped?

2) Does the glove enchant "of Spite" hit with both weapons when dual wielding or are half of the projectiles from your main-hand and the other half from your off-hand? My question is particularly related to the unique axe "Dyadus"; essentially, can the chill that procs from hitting with the off-hand be triggered by Spite? (it seems clear that the ground effect of the Spite enchantment does not count towards the "enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage", so I am trying to figure out convenient ways to proc that debuff)

3) On a similar note, does the "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage" debuff stack? Meaning if you dual wield Dyadus axes, do enemies you chill now take 200% increased burning damage?

Thank you!

1) Yes.

2) If you need it for animated guardian it doesn't matter because glove enchants don't work on him.

3) It doesn't.

"
gruvka wrote:
Hey guys, what's going on? Where is the answer to my question, it is VERY important:

In my head, but don't expect to see it with that kind of attitude.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

"
gruvka wrote:

In my head, but don't expect to see it with that kind of attitude.[/quote]

With which ? I've been sitting in this thread for a month ... And I'm just being ignored, I'll be happy if you tell me the truth, I'm sorry if I've offended, but I'm waiting for an answer for a month
"
gruvka wrote:
I'm waiting for an answer for a month

All right then, devs are busy with the new expansion so the resident nerd team took over the thread. Questions sometimes slip through the cracks or can't be answered by anyone but an insider and we aren't exactly getting paid for this so demanding anything isn't good manners.

Anyway, the answer is that it doesn't work and you could have just taken five minutes to do a quick test instead of waiting for a month, you'd see that no support gems linked to your main skill will apply to the Obliteration explosion.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
When I linked mirror arrow to ranged attack totem, why is there an internal cooldown for the totem skill, as well as when the totem uses the skill as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info