Mechanical Questions Thread

"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Dear Mark,
If phase run gem which giving 80% visual reduced to enemies also is given by raider (while at maximum frenzy charges)?

I think its only for Phase run. Raider gives phasing which gives you the ability to run through certain objects like Monsters. Phase run also provides less visual stuff.

ign: fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Jun 11, 2016, 8:16:49 PM
Would Rapid Decay increase a DoT damage caused by Ancestral Warchief ?
Have a question about Righteous Fire and Eldrich battery.
Wanted to go Eldrich Battery and Hierophant, but noticed that Sanctuary of Thought adds 25% of mana to max ES. And this ES will affect my RF burning damage taken. Makes this passive kinda useless for RF users. Was this intended? You have andjusted Lab traps damage not to scale with ES covering mana, but did not adjusted RF. Was this intended? Will this issue remains in later patches?
Do any increases in area (either increased AoE, or increased aura effect or anything really) increase the range of "nearby" for the guardians radiant faith node?
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for doing this.

Just quickly as i have been thinking about vortex lately and shotgunning being out of the game and everything.

If i use gmp frostbolt and then cast two vortex's from that gmp at nearly the same place, will:
1. The enemy take damage from both vortex's? I would assume so as this no longer becomes projectile shotgun but i would just like to clarify.

2. Would the dot created by multiple vortex's stack? I note that there have been mentions it acts like chilled ground and since that and caustic arrow poison dps doesn't stack i highly doubt this stacks but would also like to confirm.

3. I note previously you mentioned that vortex's dot cant be converted or modified with flat damage. Am i correct to assume that the damage from the dot also can't be reflected?

Many Thanks
IGN: Logik_SWT
Last edited by FlawedLogik on Jun 12, 2016, 6:54:06 AM
What is the damage effectiveness of Manifest Dancing Dervish? (level 15 of course)
I have a couple questions regarding Explosive Arrow, Ice Wall, and Elemental Equilibrium.

I have tested the interaction between EA and ice wall for over a hour on two accounts at once.

From what I can tell is that the wall has a max stack of 5 arrows per number of projectiles (i.e LMP/GMP) and casting more then 5 times just delays the fuse from going off. In other words with just 1 arrow it can stack up to 5 times and with GMP each of the 5 arrows would each stack up to 5 times totalling 25 explosions.

Is this correct or completely wrong?

Now my second question is regarding Elemental Equilibrium. Assuming my previous method is correct. If I have EE (with cold attack dmg) and GMP and I shoot a full stack of 25 into the ice wall and before they blow up I hit the monster with cold EE will:

a.) All arrows blow up simultaneously all getting the benefit of the lowered fire resistance

b.) 1 arrow blows up first and proccing fire EE lowering the damage of all the others.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
and the position of supports never matters.

Maybe you meant "it never matters for damage", but there have been examples posted of mana cost depending on the order of supports. Since the cost is rounded after every support, the order of applying the multiplications may matter.

Unless you somehow changed this behavior very recently.
Last edited by MauranKilom on Jun 12, 2016, 8:59:12 AM
Hi Mark, and thanks for the thread.

I'd just like to get confirmation/clarification that Blasphemy AoE radius works the way I think it does -- it's hard to easily tell in game. Specifically, I'd like to know which of the following increases the AoE of curses applied by Blasphemy: a) general AoE nodes (like Amplify) b) aura AoE nodes (like Leadership) c) curse AoE nodes (like Hex Master) d) the level of the curse gem itself, or e) all of the above. I've pretty much operated on the assumption that it's all of the above, but 5-10% radius one way or the other is very hard to see.
"
FlawedLogik wrote:
If i use gmp frostbolt and then cast two vortex's from that gmp at nearly the same place, will:
1. The enemy take damage from both vortex's? I would assume so as this no longer becomes projectile shotgun but i would just like to clarify.

2. Would the dot created by multiple vortex's stack? I note that there have been mentions it acts like chilled ground and since that and caustic arrow poison dps doesn't stack i highly doubt this stacks but would also like to confirm.

3. I note previously you mentioned that vortex's dot cant be converted or modified with flat damage. Am i correct to assume that the damage from the dot also can't be reflected?

1. Yes, both explosions will deal damage. The Frostbolt volley can also land one hit.
2. Vortex's Damage over Time does not stack.
3. Correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info