increased Radius of Area Skills (Tree) - y
increased Area of Effect (Dying Sun) - z

How do these 3 interact at the moment?

(1 + z) * pi * [ (1 + x) * (1 + y) * r]²

or

(1 + z) * pi * [( 1 + x + y) * r]²

Thanks
Last edited by eXecut1on on Feb 23, 2017, 10:10:48 AM
All three are additive (same modifier), and a straight multiplier to radius. If you have a base Radius of 30 (ex. Ice Nova) and a sum total of 75% Increased Radius, it's calculated as follows:
30 * 1.75 = 52.5 -> 52 radius.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
All three are additive (same modifier), and a straight multiplier to radius. If you have a base Radius of 30 (ex. Ice Nova) and a sum total of 75% Increased Radius, it's calculated as follows:
30 * 1.75 = 52.5 -> 52 radius.

I suppose the confusion stems from the fact Dying Sun doesn't mention radius anywhere, which was probably just their usual space saving but it kinda became relevant.

Or maybe it does work differently, I can't remember anyone actually testing it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I recently looked at some of the upcoming changes, and a question came to mind... or rather a worry, based on mechanics. Supposedly Wild Strike (yes, I've seen the whining about scaling) is being changed, very soon, to a 100% conversion, and I have a character built around Wild Strike. This will either be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, or render my favorite and most-fun character null and void. I don't want to have yet another of a dozen (so far) 90+ get deleted because my Berserker setup simply does everything better.

Bleed effects like Puncture cause said bleed effect based on the actual physical damage dealt to the target, that much I understand... but can a target "bleed" for 0 damage? If base damage includes some physical, will the skill still cause a bleed effect if it's supposed to apply one? Does a skill that converts 100% of physical to elemental (or any combination of 100% conversion possibilities) still have the capability to cause a bleed effect, specifically with Gratuitous Violence? If both a passive and a weapon that always causes bleeding (say, Jack, the Axe) are used together, can at least one of them still cause a bleed even when no physical damage is dealt? If a bleed is caused in such a way, will Gladiator ascendancy still get the 60% increased damage bonus and on-death explosion because a target is bleeding, even if the bleed itself does nothing?

The character, and why this may matter:
I tried a lot of characters that failed because they didn't have enough mitigation to survive top maps, or enough leech to even deal with uber Argus, or had so much mitigation they were unkillable but had no damage without unreal (and personally unobtainable) amounts of gear, so I took what I learned and made a mix of all the good points and it's worked well.
I made a gladiator based around Gratuitous Violence, using a Soul Taker I found, Arctic Armour, a decent shield with high % shield defenses passives, max block, and a legacy Bringer of Rain I had from waaaay back in the day. I stacked "Damage" and "Physical Damage" on every one of 7 jewels I use (along with attack speed, to compliment Soul Taker and make chance to cause bleed proc faster). I stacked lots of %life and took passives that give untyped physical damage (Fangs of the Viper, Path of the Warrior, Will of Blades, etc) and some elemental damage in a few small places, where it was efficient for flask stacking (Fangs and Atziri's Promise, etc).

Basically, the idea is take a large percentage of my damage and spread it out as far and wide as possible (Wild Strike) with fast attack speed, causing everything on the screen to bleed and take 60% increased damage, and then because of all the untyped damage scaling the on-death effect, as soon as anything dies, *everything* dies because their buddy just blew up for 30% of its max life with 60% increased taken. It's an instant chain reaction that kills several packs of mobs at once, oftentimes with Wild Strike's lightning popping whole groups of enemies I haven't even SEEN yet.
There's a reason I named the character SperglordMcsplody. Also, none of this works anymore if Wild Strike cannot cause bleeds, as no other melee skill has anywhere near that aoe range, so...
MyLoveForYouIsLikeATruck in-game
"
deusy wrote:
1. Bleed effects like Puncture cause said bleed effect based on the actual physical damage dealt to the target, that much I understand... but can a target "bleed" for 0 damage?
2. If base damage includes some physical, will the skill still cause a bleed effect if it's supposed to apply one?
3. Does a skill that converts 100% of physical to elemental (or any combination of 100% conversion possibilities) still have the capability to cause a bleed effect, specifically with Gratuitous Violence?
4. If both a passive and a weapon that always causes bleeding (say, Jack, the Axe) are used together, can at least one of them still cause a bleed even when no physical damage is dealt? 5. If a bleed is caused in such a way, will Gladiator ascendancy still get the 60% increased damage bonus and on-death explosion because a target is bleeding, even if the bleed itself does nothing?

1. No, it can't, if you did 0 phys damage to the target you can't cause bleed.
2. It isn't enough to have a physical base, you need to do physical damage.
3. So no.
4. And no.
5. Irrelevant.

You will have to try some other skill, Blade Flurry would be a good candidate if you swap Soul taker for a sword, mana isn't a problem as melee skills are cheap, just a little bit of mana leech will do the trick.

Can "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" trigger if I kill enemy in 1 hit?
"
Kruskader wrote:
Can "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" trigger if I kill enemy in 1 hit?

Yes.

Hey

Is there any mechanic in the code for enchants that prevents someone from getting an infinite number of the same enchants?

for example, 1/300 chance of getting any specific enchant. It's very possible I could run the lab 1000 times and never see the enchant I want. Is there any system that enables the player to eventually see the enchant they want, or is it a flat 1/300 chance?

Cheers

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
There is an "active area" around the player. Maybe 1-2 screens radius or so. Outside of this area most things are in stasis. Monsters dont move etc.

Does this "active area" always have the same size? Or is it different based on server load or player position or xyz?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info