Mechanical Questions Thread

Ok, this one might be real stupid, but I never played with Frenzy Charges before.

I'm using thefollowing swords:

Afaik Frenzy Charges increas attack speed and damage, so I should do more DPS once I get them.

My base dps without buffs is 1521, with one Frenzy Charge it drops to 1363, with three of says 1540.

Why does my dps drop with one Frenzy Charge instead of going up?
Last edited by florieger on Feb 20, 2017, 6:28:33 AM
"
lichdeath wrote:
so if i have 2 obliteration and profane bloom do i have 70% (25+25+20) or 55%(1-.75*.75*8)
to blow up and enemy?

It's a chance for the same effect, so you will have 70% total.

"
rhodius83 wrote:
Hello
I shall have a question posed you:
At the end of the league breach, as regards the atlas,
What that is that him is more moved forward (thus for my part that of league breach)
Or is what that is a fusion of the atlas and in this case there, how it spends it map shaped?

Thank you in advance
Good day

They will merge, if a map has been completed in either league it will be completed in merged atlas. If you had a map of the certain tier shaped, that will transfer too, with the shaping from standard having priority if the tier was shaped in both leagues.

"
florieger wrote:

Because Daresso's Passion has a fairly large damage bonus while having no frenzy charges.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

"
florieger wrote:

Because Daresso's Passion has a fairly large damage bonus while having no frenzy charges.

OMG, how could I miss that. Thanks a lot.
Reposting question because it was not answered the first time.

I have a question regarding the Champion Ascendancy passive "First to Strike, Last to Fall". The node says: Your Hits permanently Intimidate Enemies that are on Full Life. I am confused by the wording of it as to how the Intimidate (de)buff is applied and when/how it persists. Is it applied on hit and the enemy is Intimidated only while on Full Life? Or is it permanently applied only when the enemy is hit while they have Full Life? or is it some other combination? Hope I can have this clarified.

Cheers.
"
WolyThoctar wrote:
Reposting question because it was not answered the first time.

I have a question regarding the Champion Ascendancy passive "First to Strike, Last to Fall". The node says: Your Hits permanently Intimidate Enemies that are on Full Life. I am confused by the wording of it as to how the Intimidate (de)buff is applied and when/how it persists. Is it applied on hit and the enemy is Intimidated only while on Full Life? Or is it permanently applied only when the enemy is hit while they have Full Life? or is it some other combination? Hope I can have this clarified.

Cheers.

If the enemy is on full life when you hit it, you will apply intimidate on it which will last forever.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
What types of damage can you expect from Labyrinth traps? It seems like multiple sources say flat physical, physical over time, or %EHP hits. I assume the burning floor is fire as well. Shed any light on this? Sorry if this has been asked already. I could not find it.
"
FCK42 wrote:
How does vaal molten shell interact with eye of innocence and the rat cage, assuming I have a 100% ignite chance? Would it just not trigger at all or create an infinite loop until either the player or all surrounding enemies are dead?

"
Telperion_sr wrote:
Got a series for you:
1. Will Vaal Molten Shell be triggered by Eye of Innocence on ignite?
a. If it won't, will having The Rat Cage (10% of fire taken as phys) cause it to?
2. If Vaal Molten Shell itself ignites an enemy when I have Eye of Innocence equipped, what will happen? You would take the damage immediately, and then would another explosion happen immediately?

I just tested it. No chain reaction occurs. It seems any time you ignite an enemy with a skill other than VMS it triggers an explosion. Perhaps there is some internal cooldown on the skill that is just so small that it doesn't usually matter, however even a 1/1,000,000 of a second cooldown would cause there to be no chain reaction.
"
Telperion_sr wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
How does vaal molten shell interact with eye of innocence and the rat cage, assuming I have a 100% ignite chance? Would it just not trigger at all or create an infinite loop until either the player or all surrounding enemies are dead?

"
Telperion_sr wrote:
Got a series for you:
1. Will Vaal Molten Shell be triggered by Eye of Innocence on ignite?
a. If it won't, will having The Rat Cage (10% of fire taken as phys) cause it to?
2. If Vaal Molten Shell itself ignites an enemy when I have Eye of Innocence equipped, what will happen? You would take the damage immediately, and then would another explosion happen immediately?

I just tested it. No chain reaction occurs. It seems any time you ignite an enemy with a skill other than VMS it triggers an explosion. Perhaps there is some internal cooldown on the skill that is just so small that it doesn't usually matter, however even a 1/1,000,000 of a second cooldown would cause there to be no chain reaction.

Hm, so ignite by oro flicker would work?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Boneweaver1 wrote:
What types of damage can you expect from Labyrinth traps? It seems like multiple sources say flat physical, physical over time, or %EHP hits. I assume the burning floor is fire as well. Shed any light on this? Sorry if this has been asked already. I could not find it.

All of them have base damage based on your maximum Life and Energy Shield. After that calculation, the trap damage is more or less the same as monster damage.

For example the cleavers and the ground spikes deal Physical hits that cause Bleeding. This may be what people mean by "flat physical" as the damage doesn't depend on your position over time, just position at a point in time.

The ground saws, spinning sawblades, and rotating spike poles deal Physical Damage over Time.

The darts hit and deal Poison - not sure if the hit damage is part chaos, but from what I can remember it is probably all phys.

The burning ground is fire damage over time.

Note that Armour helps against physical hits, but not damage over time. Endurance Charges help against all Physical Damage. Abyssus will get you killed very fast in the lab.

Hope that helps.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks for the quick reply! Very helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info