Mechanical Questions Thread

i was just wondering if ancestral warchief applies effects that normal you would apply such as the bleed and poison from voidheart, the ascendancy nodes: first to strike, last to fall, Bane of Legends, Noxious Strikes, or any other effects that you would be able to apply such as temporal chains from asenath's touch. I heard there is a unique case with Bane of legends where the totem does cull a monster but does not recieve the onslaught buff buff since it only obtains its stats from the character which has no onslaught. Also, if you could give any other unique examples (mainly its interaction with the berserker ascendancy node, Rite of Ruins) to help me understand this gems mechanics that would be great =). Thanks.
This is a copy/paste from my Bug thread:

"Hi

I am not sure if this was intended or not, but Earthquake seems to snapshot with weapon swap. I have managed to use Earthquake with Starforge, Reach of the council, Facebreaker and a white wand, only the aftershock though. I am not familiar with game's deepest mechanics, but if this is snapshottable, people might use it in more devious ways.

I haven't tested the combination of guaranteed critical strike from Trypanon with Facebreakers, but if it works it could be a broken.

Thanks for the awesome game!"

I've been told this is total opposite of snapshot, but it might be important. The longer I think of ideas that could usurp this the worse it becomes. Hope to see your reply!
I have this Inquisitor + Kongor's build idea in my head. Is it possible to convert 100% of my damage to elemental without the help from Avatar of Fire?
If I use Glacial Hammer linked with Physical to Lightning, I suppose I don't get 100% conversion? If so, how much do I get?
"
bkn wrote:
I have this Inquisitor + Kongor's build idea in my head. Is it possible to convert 100% of my damage to elemental without the help from Avatar of Fire?
If I use Glacial Hammer linked with Physical to Lightning, I suppose I don't get 100% conversion? If so, how much do I get?

Sure you do, half of your physical base goes to cold and half to lightning.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Xcuted wrote:
i was just wondering if ancestral warchief applies effects that normal you would apply such as the bleed and poison from voidheart[..]

Yes. It uses your stats. You apply Bleed on Hit, the Totem applies Bleed.

"
Xcuted wrote:
I heard there is a unique case with Bane of legends where the totem does cull a monster but does not recieve the onslaught buff

The Totem does get Onslaught, it simply doesn't have any effect (only the Movespeed is used, which is only relevant for Lightning Warp Totems). There's a distinct difference there :)
I have some question about movement/dodge skills. I really dont feel its working alright. Blink arrow
- im quite sure im clicking on the ground, not rock, not graphic wall, etc., clicking 3-4 times, doesnt work. Dont even mention leap slam, but lets say "maybe there is too far" (anyway is working with third click). Maybe i do something wrong, really annoying, when comes to brutal guardian fights.
Suppose i have 2 attack skills:

1- Lvl1 Barrage (50% base attack dmg) and
2- Lvl1 Burning Arrow (150% base atk dmg)

and for the sake of easy calculations, let's assume my bow deals precisely 100 base physical dmg and there are no other passives or gear that could affect this damage; so in this case, I believe that barrage would deal exactly 50 physical damage per projectile, while each burning arrow shoots for 75 phys + 75 fire dmg.

Now let's make things interesting: instead of a %-based damage support like PPAD or added fire dmg, let's link those 2 skill gems to a chaos damage support gem that (hypothetically) adds precisely 100 chaos dmg to each attack.

I can see 3 different ways this could possibly behave:

1- If added flat-damage supports scale exactly like %-based ones, then Barrage will get only 50 extra chaos dmg per projectile, while BA will get 150 extra chaos dmg per shot - in this case Barrage full dmg would be (50+50)*4 = 400 dmg assuming all projectiles hit, while BA will do 75+75+150=300 dmg. In other words, both skills see their damage increase by the exact same percentage (in this case 100%).

2- If flat damage supports do not scale, both Barrage and BA get exactly 100 extra chaos dmg, thus Barrage gets a larger bonus at (50+100)*4=600 dmg while BA only hits for 250 dmg. Barrage dmg tripes, while burning arrow only gets a 66% increase, meaning that weaker skills benefit more from such supports than skills which are naturally stronger.

3- this last one seems VERY unlikely, but just for sake of completeness let's include it here - Barrage only gets 100 chaos dmg TOTAL, which means each projectile deals 50 phys + 25 chaos=75 dmg.

I'm inclined towards the first hypothesis, though number 2 might open some interesting possibilities. I couldn't confirm either one in the wiki, does anyone know the answer for sure?
Flat damage is added onto your Base Damage (which is then modified by x% Base Damage), ergo scenario 1.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Flat damage is added onto your Base Damage (which is then modified by x% Base Damage), ergo scenario 1.

Even when this flat damage comes from a linked support gem?
The source of a modifier is not relevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info