Mechanical Questions Thread

Question about execution order: If I hit a bunch of mobs with overlapping explosions that cause an elemental damage status effect, do things like elemental equilibrium and bonuses like the templar's "45% increased multiplier against enemies affected by status effects" go into effect as soon as the first explosion goes off, and apply to the next explosions? Pretend all the projectiles explode immediately on cast - you've got a bunch of mobs inside your hitbox or w/e. They all go off in the same frame. Do they execute simultaneously before applying status effects, or does every explosion after the first get bonus/penalty from status effects the first explosion causes?
Every Hit from each individual explosion is handled sequentially. The second Hit against a given monster will face the effects of Elemental Equilibrium, the status ailment, and whatever triggers based off said status ailment.
With the Introduction of the Map Drop Bonus, is it possible for Rares/Exiles to drop Maps that are 2 Levels above the current one? Since so far, +2 Maps dropped exclusively from the Map Boss

To clarify the question, if i were to do a T14 Map, and kill a rare, which would normally drop a T15 Map, but if i have the "Maps drop at least one tier higher" bonus, would i get a T16?

I couldn't find an answer myself yet

Thanks in advance
Hey Mark_GGG,
I'm trying to find all sources of reduced Projectile speed and the only things i found this far are

And the non Prophecy version of Cragfall.
Are there anymore itmes im missing?
Or is it really only possible to get 73-75% reduced Projectile Speed.
Why you can sometimes attack flying targets with spark ( i.e. Arsenal Boss and his adds, which he can spawn) and sometimes not ( Death and Taxes for example ? ) bug or intended ?

and how do i know which i can attack with spark o_O?
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Also 45% reduced proj. speed for Ball Lightning only(lab)
Does ignite have any sort of internal cooldowns on applying to a mob?
Sorry for such a basic question, but... what exactly is "Different sources of burning damage"?
Hits with different weapons while dual wielding - different sources?
Different attack skills with the same weapon - different sources?
Two parts of Static Strike? Different spells? Swapped weapon? Two fire golems?
Last edited by LeadRaven on Oct 31, 2016, 3:20:21 PM
"
Wozbo wrote:
Does ignite have any sort of internal cooldowns on applying to a mob?

Nope.
"
LeadRaven wrote:
Sorry for such a basic question, but... what exactly is "Different sources of burning damage"?
Hits with different weapons while dual wielding - different sources?
Different attack skills with the same weapon - different sources?
Two parts of Static Strike? Different spells? Swapped weapon? Two fire golems?

It seems like you're conflating Ignite, and Burning Damage.

Different sources of Burning Damage stack with eachother: Ignite is one such source of Burning Damage. Another source is Burning Ground, such as that left by Fire Trap.

Unless you have Emberwake, Ignites do not stack.
"
TwiceBorned wrote:
Also 45% reduced proj. speed for Ball Lightning only(lab)

Omg thanks now my ball lightning has -95% Projectile Speed and doesnt move.

Thats now my Turret Trap Build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info