Mechanical Questions Thread

I'd like to fact check one aspect of Zana mentioned in patch notes 2.4.0c

Version 2.4.0c
General Improvements:

Zana map missions that are higher level than the regular versions of those maps now drop maps as though they are a random map of that higher tier.

I have trouble understanding this mechanic. I've tried testing it myself, but failed to figure it out.
1* Does this mean:

a) When a Zana map is spawned; one map is randomly chosen of that higher tier. All map drops in the zana map will follow the atlas connection / unlock rules as if they where dropped inside that randomly chosen map of that higher tier. (or atleast try to follow the map drop rules where possible)
b) When a map is dropped in a Zana map; a map is randomly chosen of that higher tier. The map is dropped following the atlas connection / unlock rules as if it was dropped inside that randomly chosen map of that higher tier. When another map is dropped a new map is randomly chosen of that higher tier, etc etc.

2* And if the map drop cannot follow the atlas connection / unlock rules (because it's tier is beyond your atlas exploration progress), how is it decided what map is going to drop?

thx in advance for your reply,

@Minstrelshadrak
I was told to try my luck here

I have two gift from above diamond rings. They give me like 45% each to item rarity if killed with a critical strike. I also use culling strike though which kills things below 10% hp. If the culling strike is a crit would I still get the increased rarity or would it class culling strike as the kill shot and not a Crit.

say:
Monster has 100 hp.

You crit for 101 damage and kill the monster, dies from the crit, you get IIR.
You crit for 91 damage, culling strike activates and kill the monster. Is culling part of the crit or rolled seperately?
Hi !

My question concerns the Eye of Innocence amulet and its "Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy" modifier.

I understand it procs on-hit effects so it's a hit dealing 100 damage but who's hitting ? Is it myself ? Is it the amulet ? Is it "an enemy" created specifically for this hit ?

If I'm hitting myself, can it proc stuff like "10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Hit against Enemies that are on Full Life" from the Scion's assassin ascendancy node if it hits while I'm full life ? Am I considered an enemy if I hit myself ?

I'm not rich enough to buy one and try it myself so thanks in advance !
Last edited by xxx_snipexx on Nov 4, 2016, 5:16:00 PM
Question: If I were to use Voltaxic Rift to enable my chaos damage to shock, would that allow the cloud from Caustic Arrow to shock? Also, would shock affect the damage caused by the cloud (I assume so, but I'm still fairly green, and this game is deep)?

Answer: (Will be filled in after answer is obtained)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
"
VictusBcb wrote:
Question: If I were to use Voltaxic Rift to enable my chaos damage to shock, would that allow the cloud from Caustic Arrow to shock?

No, by its very nature degen cannot Shock, as base Shock duration is based on the size of a Hit and Damage over Time does not Hit.
"

Also, would shock affect the damage caused by the cloud

Yes, degeneration is still damage taken, and shock increases damage taken
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
VictusBcb wrote:
Question: If I were to use Voltaxic Rift to enable my chaos damage to shock, would that allow the cloud from Caustic Arrow to shock?

No, by its very nature degen cannot Shock, as base Shock duration is based on the size of a Hit and Damage over Time does not Hit.
"

Also, would shock affect the damage caused by the cloud

Yes, degeneration is still damage taken, and shock increases damage taken

Thank you for the quick reply :)
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Hi Guys,

i got a question about DoT.

I running a frenzy melee build with "snakebite" glove and the bleeding chance from "Gladiator". In the end, i cause poison (and bleed) at max frenzy, BUT the "Rapid decay" does nothing to it. Its not shown on the tooltip. Why is this so? Do i something wrong?

Greets and ty.
I was surprised to find, that life leech from The Harvest become local, and dont apply to whole damage. This is a mistake in the description of this item, or the error of its mechanics? Because life leech on Doryani's Catalyst is global,at the same the description thereof is identical, there is no indication of the difference in their mechanics. If this is associated with changes in patch 2.0 "Leech on weapons is now local (it doesn't affect your other weapon)." why Doryani's Catalyst still leech damage from spells?

P.S.
In truth I was very much upset. Because I accumulated currency and nurtured the idea of build - 2 month. As a result, I spent a "to nowhere" large amount (according to my standards) game currency, some points for microtransaction ... and got a huge disappointment instead of joy.
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
"
Sif0Di4s wrote:
I running a frenzy melee build with "snakebite" glove and the bleeding chance from "Gladiator". In the end, i cause poison (and bleed) at max frenzy, BUT the "Rapid decay" does nothing to it. Its not shown on the tooltip. Why is this so? Do i something wrong?

There are essentially two categories of Supports; with a penalty, and without.

Supports without a penalty check whether all their modifiers can apply:
Discipline has a Cast time -> Faster Casting does link up.
Discipline does not deal Damage -> Added Chaos Damage does not link.

Supports with a penalty check whether the penalty can apply:
Discipline does have a radius -> Concentrated Effect does link.
Discipline does not have Crit Chance -> Controlled Destruction does not link.

Similarly, Frenzy does not have a Duration by default, and only Supports can apply such modifiers. If you turned Frenzy into a Ranged Attack Totem, it would have a Duration and Rapid Decay would link up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info