Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello Mark, and hello everyone.

I had two questions as I would like to do a totem build using the champion ascendency:

Conqueror
25% chance to Taunt on Hit
6% reduced Damage taken if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently
1% of Life Regenerated per second if you've Taunted an Enemy Recently

Do my totems taunt ?
Do I get the reduce damage taken and life regen ? If not, do my totems get it ?
Going through the web it seems that the totems do taunt and that I just don't get the other bonuses but I wanted to be sure !

Worthy Foe
Enemies you Taunt take 20% increased Damage
Enemies you Taunt deal 10% less Damage against other targets

Same thing, do I get the increased damage and the reduce damage even if my totems taunt and not me ? how does it work exactly with totems ?

Thanks a lot for your work :)
Last edited by Piou29 on Nov 7, 2016, 9:40:35 AM
A question about golems:

It's stats says:

Per 1% Quality: 1% increased Minion Maximum Life
1% increased Minion Damage

(0-10)% increased Character Size
Can raise up to 1 Golem at a time
(30-68)% increased Minion Maximum Life
Golems grant (33-105) Life Regenerated per second

This benefits affect all my minions or just the golem? Cuz it says minion and not minions.

I'm necro (10 zombies, 4 spectres, 1 A Guardian, 1 golem).

People in Reddit says that these stats are only for the golem. If its true, whats the point to use golem? Just life regen?

It makes no sense at all...
I just bring the truth!

"
RenanLamante wrote:
People in Reddit says that these stats are only for the golem. If its true, whats the point to use golem? Just life regen?

It only applies to the Golem, yes.. They're stats on the Summon Golem Skill, not on your Summon Zombie skill.
It's "just" a bunch of Life Regen and another very tanky body on the field that has a Taunt.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 7, 2016, 10:25:44 AM
Who can answer the following True or False about ignite:

My Fire Storm always ignites and I'm wearing Emberwake:

1. Celestial Punishment: 25% increased Damage against Frozen, Shocked or Ignited Enemies.
This will increase fire storm damage against ignited enemies, but not increase the ignite stack as well? (so only indirectly by higher FS dmg)?

2a. I do 100 fire damage with firestorm. It gives a 20*0.2=4 burning damage p/s for 4 seconds stack.

2b. I take Celestial Punishment and hit an ignited enemy. Now, I do 125 fire damage with firestorm. It gives a 25*0.2=5 burning damage p/s for 4 seconds stack.

2c. I then take Ngamahu, 35% increased damage against Burning Enemies and hit an ignited enemy. Now, I do 160 fire damage with firestorm. It gives a (32*1.35)*0.2=8.64 burning damage p/s for 4 seconds stack.

2d. finally I take Hinekora, Damage Penetrates 10% Fire Resistance and hit an ignited enemy with zero fire resistance. Now, I do 160*1.1 = 176 fire damage with firestorm. It gives a (35,2*1.35)*0.2*1.1=10.45 burning damage p/s for 4 seconds stack.

3. I do 100 fire damage with firestorm. I have 100% increased burning damage. I ignite for (20*2)*0.2=8 burning damage p/s for 4 seconds stack.

As you can see, I'm not sure with what and when the actual ignite stack gets boosted separately from the fire damage source (or double dip). Example 3 is clear to me, same with taking a random increased DoT node or a Totem Damage node if firestorm was cast via spell totem. Same goes for the higher the fire damage hit, the higher the 20% ignite per second will be.
Ignite is not a spell or attack. So it's easy to skip those modifiers as well.

Conditional modifiers, such as Celestial Punishment and Ngamahu, cannot apply to Damage over Time. These will only increase your initial Hit damage, not your Burning Damage.

Penetration is an on-Hit effect. Damage over Time does not Hit, and thus cannot benefit from Penetration modifiers.

What this means:
1. True.
2a. Yeh.
2b. Yep.
2c. Nope.
2d. Nada.
4. Correct.
Hello,

I have some questions around Lori's Lattern. First is about unlucky, I mean, how this one counting and works together with evasion, dodge, block or resists or any other attack modifier (if they exists)? Second is about stacking, I saw, what chaos resists had stacked on low level, but what about unlucky and is anything about stacking mechanics what I have to know?

Thank you very much.
Unlucky just means that the roll is made twice, and the lower roll is used. It doesn't have any special interaction with other defenses. You might think of it as a separate "less damage" multiplier (in which case order doesn't matter).

There's currently no other source of Unlucky damage on player in the game, but if there were, it probably wouldn't stack. Modifiers of the form "You have X" or "Enemies are X" are generally binary, either they have it or they don't.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hey, Mark_GGG

How's it going, man. My name is Cheul and I have a quick question about CoC mechanism.
According to the explanation of CoC, it triggers supported spells to cast on critical strike.
I linked CoC gem to frenzy and wither. As far as I'm concerned, wither should be cast on critical attack
of frenzy. But in an actual game it doesn't work. And even I can still cast wither though wither's linked
to CoC which will not allow any linked spell gems to cast directly.

Is it intended or bugged. Please enlighten me
Wither is a Channeled Spell, which makes it ineligible for Trigger supports. Working as intended.
What is the order of modifier application when corrupting a strongbox ?

Meaning, if a strongbox with the "of Singularity" suffix (additional unique item) is corrupted, will this item be corrupted ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info