Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, not sure if this is the right place but i got a question regarding:
Cyclone + Ancestral Bond (2 totems)
+ Keystone Razor's Ege (5% chance to bleed)

Does this work, will the enemy bleed or not?
If I divine a Legacy item (such as Reach of The Council Bow-Legacy Version) will that void the Legacy on it and turn it to the normal version? I have one with lower rolls and wanted to re-roll it but I was told it would turn it to the normal version. And having paid 20ex for it, I don't wanna fuck it up.
"
DasName wrote:
Hi, not sure if this is the right place but i got a question regarding:
Cyclone + Ancestral Bond (2 totems)
+ Keystone Razor's Ege (5% chance to bleed)

Does this work, will the enemy bleed or not?

Cyclone has a 5% chance to bleed on hit from physical damage. If no damage is dealt the enemies will not bleed/take damage. Ancestral Bond prevents damage from the player but not totems, traps or mines. If you are inquiring on simply causing bleed for the purpose of bloodlust however I am unsure. If you have any other character that uses Ancestral Bond you can easily test this with a bleeding weapon.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
If I divine a Legacy item (such as Reach of The Council Bow-Legacy Version) will that void the Legacy on it and turn it to the normal version? I have one with lower rolls and wanted to re-roll it but I was told it would turn it to the normal version. And having paid 20ex for it, I don't wanna fuck it up.
legacy mjölner 30% / 50% it will cast all skill at one when hit
it not sequentially
i'm right ?
cast when damage taken can work with 100% damage resist?
"
datdude74 wrote:
If you divine any item, the rolls on it will be randomly generated in a way that follows the most recent version. However, there cannot be rolls added or removed. For example, if you would divine a legacy Kaoms Heart with just 1000 HP, then you would get a Kaoms Heart with 500 HP but without the fire damage roll.

So, yes. If you divine your legacy Reach, the phys roll range would be according to the current version. Then it's not legacy anymore.
Quick question about damage conversion. I believe if you say, use Pyre to convert all cold damage to fire, all modifiers to cold and/or fire would scale my damage that I would do, correct? Just want to make sure that's the case before I plan this build, because I'm considering grabbing the Snowforged node cluster on my Pyre witch.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Oct 28, 2016, 8:14:39 PM
"
VictusBcb wrote:
Quick question about damage conversion. I believe if you say, use Pyre to convert all cold damage to fire, all modifiers to cold and/or fire would scale my damage that I would do, correct? Just want to make sure that's the case before I plan this build, because I'm considering grabbing the Snowforged node cluster on my Pyre witch.

Yes, with a small caveat. Your Hits will benefit equally from Fire and Cold, no difference there. But only Fire will currently double dip on Ignites. The way the rules work right now, damage over time can never be converted. So Fire Damage bonuses apply directly to Ignite and indirectly by boosting the Hit. Cold Damage will only provide an indirect boost through the Hit.

So if you are only concerned about the Hit and you have no sources of flat added Fire damage, then Fire Damage increases and Cold Damage increases will be exactly the same for you.

(If you have flat added Fire, then Fire damage becomes slightly better)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
VictusBcb wrote:

Yes, with a small caveat. Your Hits will benefit equally from Fire and Cold, no difference there. But only Fire will currently double dip on Ignites. The way the rules work right now, damage over time can never be converted. So Fire Damage bonuses apply directly to Ignite and indirectly by boosting the Hit. Cold Damage will only provide an indirect boost through the Hit.

So if you are only concerned about the Hit and you have no sources of flat added Fire damage, then Fire Damage increases and Cold Damage increases will be exactly the same for you.

(If you have flat added Fire, then Fire damage becomes slightly better)

I wasn't probably going to be doing much with DoTs save for maybe ignites anyway. Heavily considering an ice spear ignite sort of scenario with proliferation. Thanks for clearing up the matter for me. Good to know that means that Snowforged giving a boost to both fire and cold will benefit my build.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last edited by VictusBcb on Oct 28, 2016, 11:29:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info