Mechanical Questions Thread

Alright this is gonna sound like a stupid question..just wanted to make sure.

Frost/Flame/Shock bearers are blockable by spell block (from what I can observe).

This means they also trigger aegis es recovery (b/c it triggers on block) right?

And just 1 more question. If i enfeeble elemental bearer mob, that enfeeble will lower the bearer damage right? (Cuz I believe enfeeble works for porcupine spine on death so it should work for bearers as well)

Edit:
10/26 tested vs bearer more. stood in a pack of 10. I am pretty sure Aegis recharges on blocking bearers, otherwise my es should def drop.

Still not sure about the enfeeble vs bearers tho.
Last edited by SIQI on Oct 26, 2016, 8:57:18 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Damage Taken As all occurs in a single step, meaning, only one "conversion" can take place.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. All of the "conversions" would only use the original amount of that damage type, correct? Let me use the following examples:

1. You have the Rat Cage, Taste of Hate, and a Redblade helmet. You take a hit dealing 100 physical damage and 50 fire damage.

• Physical: 100 − 20 − 10 + 5 = 75
  • Fire: 50 − 5 + 10 = 55
  • Cold: 0 + 20 = 20

2. You have Incandescent Heart and a Redblade helmet. You take a hit dealing 100 physical damage and 50 fire damage.

• Physical: 100 − 10 = 90
  • Fire: 50 + 10 − 12.5 = 47.5
  • Chaos: 0 + 12.5 = 12.5

3. You have Darkscorn and the Rat Cage. You take a hit dealing 100 physical damage and 50 fire damage.

• Physical: 100 − 25 + 10 = 85
  • Fire: 50 − 10 = 40
  • Chaos: 0 + 25 = 25

Does that all sound right?
Domination IGN: ScratchyBitch
Last edited by sergeantminor on Oct 25, 2016, 8:11:46 PM
Yes, that looks right to me. :)
How do the local mods "Reduced Flask Charges used"/"Increased Charges used" on Flasks stack with global mods like "Arcane Chemistry" with "15% reduced Flask Charges used"?

Say, you have a Doedre's Elixir, which can roll 120% - 150% increased charges used. Locally that shows as 26 - 30 charges used. Obviously, despite the big range of rolls, the eventual effect on the actual charges used only has a range of 5 different values. As far as I know the game usually uses the worse value if it has to round any number.

Now, if I pair this with Arcane Chemistry, does it use the odd number behind it or does it start over from the actual value the flask shows?

If it uses the rounded value the flask shows, it would mean that different rolls would be identical for all intents and purposes as long as the charges used get rounded to the same number.

If it uses the odd value before rounding, it would mean that there would still be a slight difference between all rolls.
Could I get an answer when you have a chance pls? :)
"
Boombaklat wrote:
Could I get an answer when you have a chance pls? :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1620191
How does Wild Strikes first hit damage is calculated? Is base physical dmg multiplied by 1.30-1.756 and then 60% of it is converted to random element then scaled as melee hit?

If so, then doesn't this skill does double the damage than written ign, as second hit is calculated the same but just scaled as corresponding elemental effect?
Last edited by DioD7 on Oct 26, 2016, 12:41:03 AM
"
DioD7 wrote:
How does Wild Strikes first hit damage is calculated? Is base physical dmg multiplied by 1.30-1.756 and then 60% of it is converted to random element then scaled as melee hit?

Yes

"
If so, then doesn't this skill does double the damage than written ign, as second hit is calculated the same but just scaled as corresponding elemental effect?

No, the second hit (Cold wave, Lightning chain, Fire explosion) cannot hit the initial target, it can only hit targets that are not the initial target

(The second hit is "calculated the same" but without Melee and replaced with Projectile, Area, or nothing, as appropriate)

(You could argue that it actually deals MORE than double the damage, like if 10 enemies were in the radius of the explosion then it is dealing 11x the damage as written ign, but that is kind of meaningless to talk about because it is so variable and not on a single target)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Berserker build with Lightning Strike as main skill with the nodes Iron Grip and Point Blank.

There is an issue with the tooltip and I cannot figure out if it works or not. With PPAD i was told it doesnt show in the tooltip but it does work, but even though i equip there isnt much difference with or without it.

Im also using a mace, and nodes that give increase physical damage with mace only increase the melee component; the projectile part remains unchanged. I know the melee tag increases only affects the melee part, but this was just physical damage damage. Does it actually affect it but it does not show?

Based on DPS tooltip, the melee component has 10k dps. Due to the 25% less due to projectile, but also taking into account i have Slower Proj and Point blank, I thought it should be around 10k still at least. However, this is the only build ive done where i still struggle with dried lake merciless with supposedly 10k dps. I tried getting the melee hit one at a time and it does easily kill each mob, so why aren't the projectiles doing it too, considering it should be as powerful, if not more?

I need help to figure out the math for the projectile component for Lightning strike.

My current set up is Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Slower Proj - More Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Focus.p
Kitava's Thirst does not cast Vortex or Ice Nova at the location of Frostbolt. This is a bug but for some reason I was directed to post it here instead (I do not know why). It IS a bug and Freezerator's build from build of the week even proves this fact as he has it linked into Cospri's Malice and is triggering Vortex from his frostbolts. Kitava's Thirst should be functioning in the same manner.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info