Mechanical Questions Thread

"
"
Char1983 wrote:
The question is: Can maps be lost this way? I.e. can I lose, for example, a T13 map drop because it is upgraded through Atlas mechanics to T14, which the mob cannot drop?

If the mob can't drop it then it can't. the atlas completion bonus doesn't override that rule.

Maybe, but that doesn't answer the question. Before Atlas, I assume maps that cannot drop could not be rolled. I.e. there would never be a T13 map rolled on a T12 normal mob. Thus, every map that was rolled was dropped. Now in Atlas, this is different because if a T12 normal mob rolls a T12 drop, this can be upgraded to T13 in principle - or can it not? The fundamental question is whether the Atlas bonus can be a drawback and destroy maps that would otherwise drop.

"
"
Char1983 wrote:
Furthermore, what happens when there is no map available at that drop level? Can the game roll a T17 or T18 map from a T15/T16 boss? What happens in that case? Failed drop? T15 or T16 drops? What happens if the game rolls a +2 but no +2s are unlocked?
It can't drop a map you haven't completed or that is not adjacent to one of your completed map on the atlas.

Same thing - before Atlas, a T17 or T18 could not be rolled - not even a T15 could be rolled. At least I think that is how things used to work. Thus the question is: Can the Atlas upgrade mechanic upgrade maps beyond T16 and then fail the drop? Or will it be capped at T16, such that the map actually does drop? And, coming back to the question above, will the upgrade be capped at the max drop level for the mob? That is not clear from how the information given out by GGG is formulated.

And I think it would suck really hard if Atlas mechanics could destroy map drops that we would otherwise see.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
hey :)

on my atlas it said, there will be a shapers orb drop on the bog map. so i run it. it didnt drop that orb, but the shapers orb sign expired on the atlas. any informations would be awesome!

thx and greetings
"
Char1983 wrote:
Now in Atlas, this is different because if a T12 normal mob rolls a T12 drop, this can be upgraded to T13 in principle - or can it not?

No it can't. Like I said the bonus gives a greater chance to have a higher tier map drop if the map drop rule allows it. A normal mob can't drop 1 tier above ...

"
Char1983 wrote:
The fundamental question is whether the Atlas bonus can be a drawback and destroy maps that would otherwise drop.

There's no such thing as destroying, only drop rules, which are, above tier 1 on the atlas, only completed maps or adjacent may drop. The bigger bonus is always better unless you want a specific layout to drop when that tier is rolled. ie. having only unlocked one map of a specific tier will guarantee that map layout will drop when its tier is rolled, unless you have maps of that same tier connected to a completed map on your atlas.

BTW tier 15 maps is the max that can drop from mobs. Max tier is 16 and drop from the maps connected to them.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 8, 2016, 1:44:07 AM
"
"
While using Poison on Traps, Totems or Minions the "On Killing a Poisoned enemy" Bino's effect only works if the Poison kill the enemy.
Therefore, we face a huge problem: most of mobs are killed with Bladefall's first impact, not Poison => Bino's affix doesn't work and we don't get our poison spreading (which greatly slows down our clearspeed).

Posted on 2.2
Is this true? Does this mechanic work like that?

This is coherent with the way the game deals with "on kill" triggers atm. It works when yourself get the kill unless specified otherwise. However, if a mob dies from DoT applied from one of your trap/totem/minions, you are credited with the kill.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 8, 2016, 3:22:26 AM
Hey, just wondering if with the new "scourge terror claw" unique gains extra cold damage from grip of the pale council gloves, as well as if you leech off of physical damage spells (like blade vortex) or just attacks. Another question is if in the ascendency "spirit eater" you get both the 30% and 40% if you have hit recently. Also would you gain damage if your minions say have frenzy / power charges or does that not count. Preemptive thank you if anyone answers.
"
fatal_fail wrote:
Hey, just wondering if with the new "scourge terror claw" unique gains extra cold damage from grip of the pale council gloves, as well as if you leech off of physical damage spells (like blade vortex) or just attacks. Another question is if in the ascendency "spirit eater" you get both the 30% and 40% if you have hit recently. Also would you gain damage if your minions say have frenzy / power charges or does that not count. Preemptive thank you if anyone answers.

1- Only increases and reductions to minions apply to you, Not damage ''gained as'', not more and less multipliers, not any other wordings that boost damage of minions.
2- Leech only from attacks.
3- For Spirit Eater, you should gain both if you've Consumed or Destroyed a corpse Recently.
4- Frenzy charges or power charges on minions wouldn't scale the damage provided by the claw, refer to 1-.
Last edited by KevT90 on Sep 8, 2016, 3:51:35 AM
Is Painforged count taken damage by a hit from Doedre's Elixir
Because Daresso's Defiance Count as hit with it
"
"
Char1983 wrote:
Now in Atlas, this is different because if a T12 normal mob rolls a T12 drop, this can be upgraded to T13 in principle - or can it not?

No it can't. Like I said the bonus gives a greater chance to have a higher tier map drop if the map drop rule allows it. A normal mob can't drop 1 tier above ...

"
Char1983 wrote:
The fundamental question is whether the Atlas bonus can be a drawback and destroy maps that would otherwise drop.

There's no such thing as destroying, only drop rules, which are, above tier 1 on the atlas, only completed maps or adjacent may drop. The bigger bonus is always better unless you want a specific layout to drop when that tier is rolled. ie. having only unlocked one map of a specific tier will guarantee that map layout will drop when its tier is rolled, unless you have maps of that same tier connected to a completed map on your atlas.

BTW tier 15 maps is the max that can drop from mobs. Max tier is 16 and drop from the maps connected to them.

Source for all this information? The official information on this site just says that the tier is rolled first, THEN the Atlas bonus decides whether the map tier is upgraded by one or two tiers. I've also read that drops can fail (in the case of a +2 map getting rolled on the boss and no +2 being unlocked). So my questions still stand.

BTW you are wrong with the T16 maps. Once they are unlocked, you can get T16 maps from any T14+ maps in principle. At least as far as I understand it. My first T16 obviously dropped from a connected T15.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
KCCO wrote:
Will an Animated Guardian using and item with a lab enchant receive the enchant bonus? For example, if I equip my animated guardian with boots thay have the lab enchant regain x% health and mana when hit, will it work on the animated guardian? Do all lab enchants work on guardians?

Don't know if anyone replied yet.

The Boots should work....

Gloves "Cast" or "Grant Skill", so AG is restricted.
Helms only buff gems.
Hi all,
Running a Pyre-Vortex build. In the corresponding tooltip of the Vortex skill, the damage over time is identified as Cold Damage over Time. Is this not affected by the 100% Cold-to-Fire modifier of Pyre?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info