Mechanical Questions Thread

Greetings,

my question for you...

why i dont have remove only stash tabs with race win items in the standard Essence league??? is it normal or do i need to write a ticket to the support??

Kind Regards,
OldAssBasterd
I recently tried to use elemental boon with a righteous fire build and it appears that elemental boon doesn't reduce any RF damage. Not sure if this is a bug, or maybe it isn't suppose to work with RF?
GMT -5 "EST"

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1222017
"
Cryplease wrote:
Greetings,

my question for you...

why i dont have remove only stash tabs with race win items in the standard Essence league??? is it normal or do i need to write a ticket to the support??

Kind Regards,
OldAssBasterd

There is a rule that u cant claim race rewards in new leagues for some time since its start. Not sure how long that is tho, 2 weeks or 1 months I think.
So yes, it is normal, they will appear later on.
Hey,

so I got a couple questions about Traps with Sunblast + Cheap Construction jewels, Occultist's Forbidden Power node and the Blast Cascade notable.

Am I correct in assuming that Blast Cascade doesn't work with 100% reduced trap duration traps? Meaning, you'd never get Power Charges because Traps can never actually be triggered by an enemy.

Similarly, do I gain Power Charges as an Occultist with Forbidden Power with the above-mentioned setup, provided the traps crit? Or would the traps (theoretically) gain the charges? Do the Power Charge on Crit support gem and Skyforths work the same?

Thanks for your good work and I hope you can help me :D

IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
While using Poison on Traps, Totems or Minions the "On Killing a Poisoned enemy" Bino's effect only works if the Poison kill the enemy.
Therefore, we face a huge problem: most of mobs are killed with Bladefall's first impact, not Poison => Bino's affix doesn't work and we don't get our poison spreading (which greatly slows down our clearspeed).

Posted on 2.2
Is this true? Does this mechanic work like that?
I know a lot of people who RMT and use PoeHuds, item pickups, crafties, custom renderers, bots, map/zoom/bright hacks and autoflasks. But I am not going to snitch rather encourage them and others to use hacks. GGG had a choice whether they want a friend or an enemy. They chose the latter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by 5oobZRsnNq on Sep 7, 2016, 9:15:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently decided to do some calculations with lacerate and amount of physical damage done per hit with Lacerate but I got absolutely lost and do not know if this is how the mechanics of damage work. This is how I think it works but it gives me a pretty weird end result so maybe any of you guys could help.

These are my weapons

These is my relevant jewelry

Additionally my relevant passives from the skill tree are:

26% Incr attack damage with Main Hand (sword) - A
34% Incr melee physical damage - B
39% Incr melee physical damage from strength - C
10% Incr Phys Dmg with One Handed Melee Weapons - D
136% Incr Phys Weapon Damage while DW - E

32% Incr attack speed - F
22% Incr attack speed while DW - G
20% Incr attack speed with Off Hand - H
4% Incr melee attack speed - I

And - in the end the Lacerate setup

Lacerate with 110,6% Base Attack Damage - J
Faster Attacks 37% incr attack speed - K
Melee Phys 42% more phys damage - L
Added damage from amulets / rings 15,5 - M

For the purpose of calculation I did not take into account crit, I assumed 100% chance to hit (attack = hit) and disregarded Added Fire (only calculating phys).

The calculation I thought was correct would be as follows:

Weapon 1 - Corsair Sword, Main Hand
Weapon damage - 39,5 - N
Added flat phys - 23,5 - O
Added % phys - 100% - P
Attack speed - 1,55 - Q

Base phys damage per attack - (N + O) * (1+P+E) = 234,36

To calculate end phys damage per hit with weapon 1 I assumed the calculation goes:

([Base damage * J * (1+A+B+C+D)] * (1+L)) + M = 556,74

End phys damage per hit - 556,74 R

To calculate end phys damage per sec I assumed this would be how calculation goes:

End phys damage per sec R*(Q*(1+F+G+I+K) = 1971,44

And that was what I assumed is the end result from Main Hand weapon hit with Lacerate. Weapon 2 - using this calculation was approx. 1723 per hit.

And that's where I have a bit of trouble understanding the lacerate tooltip - after adding added fire, crit and discounting for accuracy (85% hit chance) the tooltip value is much lower than the sum of the above (approx. 2000 damage vs. 4000 damage) so I thought I do something wrong.

If I do I would be glad if anyone could point the flaws in my calculation. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by macioman00 on Sep 7, 2016, 9:52:04 AM
IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR GGG - Is voidheart ring in essence league bugged?‏

I see the patch notes and see that poison chance is 20-40, and in the game it's not saing the roll.

is the ring works as poison 100% of the attaks?

thank you
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"your hits inflict decay, dealing 1000 chaos damage per second for 10 seconds" I asked ziggyd and apparently when the value was 500 over 10sec initially it could be scaled, i was just wondering if items/passives that increase chaos damage affect this now since the value has changed ?

pvp loooooooool
If i take the tukohama note from chieftain.
Will the totem reflect damage be scaled with fire ele and totem damage?
And will the totem reflect more damage if i link it to fire pen and ele focus?
Hello. I tried warlord mark + curse on hit support + tempest shield and doesnt have no one endurance charges when kill mobs (they died after I blocking their attack with tempest shield) :(:( so curse on hit support work correctly??
RUs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info