Mechanical Questions Thread

The wiki states that Death's Oath damage over time can be increased through debuff's.
Spoiler
Like other similar effects, the chaos damage over time Death's Oath inflicts comes from the item itself, it isn't activated by the player and it won't benefit from any player's damage or AoE radius bonuses. It can be scaled only on the receiving side by applying a damage taken debuff to the enemy.

Does the occultists -20% chaos resistance count?
What about Curses or Wither?

Does this static damage dealt also apply to Decay?
Spoiler
Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds

What about Hysteria Essenced boots?
Spoiler
Boots: Drops Burning Ground while moving, dealing 2500 Fire Damage per second

Can these two also only be modified by debuffs or can their damage be increased through normal methods?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
1. Yes, Chaos Damage is affected by Chaos Resists ;) It's a modifier on the enemy, which means it does apply - that's the rule of thumb for Death's Oath.
2. Yep, Wither and Vulnerability will improve Death's Oath's Aura's Damage.

3/4. Not familiar with how these work yet, sorry.
Shaper of Desolation / Conflux questions:

does the various conflux granted by this node totally override every other occurrence of elemental status application?

for example:
i have Igniting Conflux now, and every one of my hit try to apply ignition (based on total damage/enemy total life).
if the hit is from a skill like Arc that has both an inherent 10% to shock and a possibility to shock if I crit the attack, does any of those is possible?
or the fact that i have igniting conflux completely negate those and apply ignition?

i read that, aside from Elemental Conflux effect, only one status is applied to a target at each time; so i suppose that, in the example above, either every hit apply the status from the conflux OR one at random between the conflux ingition and the ark shock?

expecially important, does the conflux override even the Freeze effect?

if the conflux override every other status application i should remove from the build every passive that grant %to apply status ailment and renounce freezing the enemies...
or avoid shaper of desolation.

Hi.

Could we know if the interaction between Blood Rage and Melee physical damage on full life is working as intented? Currently when using both , even if you outregen the degeneration you always have a few hps missing preventing Melee phys dam on full life to work. I see no reason for this. If this is not intended it would be nice to see this problem solved.
Is there a way to know the level of a daily mission before accepting it? The level of the master gives me no indication at all and I keep failing missions due to them being too high for my character. I did some looking and I could find other threads that discussed this, many saying that mission levels and master levels aren't consistent, ie, one master at level 4 may hand out say level 30 missions while another master at level 4 will hand out level 20 missions.

Is there a chart or something somewhere to let me have a basic idea of what level of daily mission I will get from each master at each master level?
I'd like to know one thing related to the support gem "Melee damage on full life". Whose life are we talking about if I link that to a minion gem like Raise zombie or to the ancestra warchief gem?
"
jasonbecker wrote:
I'd like to know one thing related to the support gem "Melee damage on full life". Whose life are we talking about if I link that to a minion gem like Raise zombie or to the ancestra warchief gem?

This isn't one thing though. They're two distinctly separate questions.

Minions use their own offensive stats, and thus will check their own Life.
Totems use your offensive stats - your Melee Damage increases when you are at Max Life, so the totem "checks your Life".
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 6, 2016, 1:11:50 PM
"
Yesu wrote:
Hi.

Could we know if the interaction between Blood Rage and Melee physical damage on full life is working as intented? Currently when using both , even if you outregen the degeneration you always have a few hps missing preventing Melee phys dam on full life to work. I see no reason for this. If this is not intended it would be nice to see this problem solved.

You answered the mechanic within your own comment. You take damage then you regen ... Probably intended too.
"
RyeEncoke wrote:
Is there a way to know the level of a daily mission before accepting it?

You can always go inside the mission and press Tab to see the level of the zone in the upper right corner. You can then judge wether you should attempt to do it or not.
So, after running 3 magic T5 Mesa maps (trying to find Racecourse), I've found 3 +2 maps from the bosses. This makes me wonder. According to GGG, maps can be upgraded by the Atlas mechanics by +1 or +2 tiers (if you are >100%). However, this only happens if the mob can actually drop such a map.

The question is: Can maps be lost this way? I.e. can I lose, for example, a T13 map drop because it is upgraded through Atlas mechanics to T14, which the mob cannot drop?

Let us look at a T12 map we are playing and let's look at some possible scenarios:

Drops from normal mobs

Natural drop: T11:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T11 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T12 drops)
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T11 or T12 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Natural drop: T12:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T12 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T12 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T12 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Drops from magic/rare mobs

Natural drop: T12:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T12 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T13 drops)
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T12 or T13 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Natural drop: T13:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T13 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T13 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T13 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Drops from unique map boss

Natural drop: T13:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T13 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T14 drops)
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T13 or T14 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Natural drop: T14:
  • +0 from Atlas mechanics -> fine (T14 drops)
  • +1 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T14 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?
  • +2 from Atlas mechanics -> Does a T14 drop or is the drop lost (failed drop)?

Furthermore, what happens when there is no map available at that drop level? Can the game roll a T17 or T18 map from a T15/T16 boss? What happens in that case? Failed drop? T15 or T16 drops? What happens if the game rolls a +2 but no +2s are unlocked?

Some more information on this would be highly appreciated.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info