[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

So, this is my current gear, level 71. Doing pretty well. My biggest issue is I'm only sitting at 4.5k ES. Gloves are a little low, boots are pretty expensive with off colors and no Astramentis..because expensive :P

Does our ES increase dramatically once i get an Astra, Perandus Signet? I'd assume so simply because of the massive int bonus we gain..but wanted to know what kind of ES I should expect. Been having some close calls mapping(Thank you leech!)

Other than that..enjoying the build so far!

"
Mech_ wrote:
So, this is my current gear, level 71. Doing pretty well. My biggest issue is I'm only sitting at 4.5k ES. Gloves are a little low, boots are pretty expensive with off colors and no Astramentis..because expensive :P

Does our ES increase dramatically once i get an Astra, Perandus Signet? I'd assume so simply because of the massive int bonus we gain..but wanted to know what kind of ES I should expect. Been having some close calls mapping(Thank you leech!)

Astramentis will help, but you're also missing Int on your gear (chest, hands, boots). Now int ES gear is stupidly expensive so there's no easy answer - it's just a lot more expensive to gear than a normal ES build, it caught me by surprise too. But you can pick up decent but not great gear at reasonable prices and maybe catch a bargain here or there if you set up poetrade to alert you to 50+int/40+ ele resist/es pieces.

But the build is very pricey, especially when changing gear means rejigging resists which might mean changing more than one piece at a time, and your old gear won't have a high resale value. Personally I'm using gems with +int/+dmg/+resists since if you can lower the amount of resists you need the gear can get a lot cheaper. But get used to looking for upgrades and seeing nothing for less than 5ex, in some cases 10+.
Am I missing something regarding capping resists? Looking at the gear posted at the start of the thread "2.6 Prophecy league, after 2 weeks" I calculate resists as follows: Fire- 30% | Cold- 61% | Lightning- 90% This includes resist nodes from the passive tree including Diamond Skin.
Last edited by Surlyrich on Mar 25, 2017, 3:06:36 AM
"
EsperP wrote:
"
Mech_ wrote:

Astramentis will help, but you're also missing Int on your gear (chest, hands, boots). Now int ES gear is stupidly expensive so there's no easy answer - it's just a lot more expensive to gear than a normal ES build, it caught me by surprise too. But you can pick up decent but not great gear at reasonable prices and maybe catch a bargain here or there if you set up poetrade to alert you to 50+int/40+ ele resist/es pieces.

But the build is very pricey, especially when changing gear means rejigging resists which might mean changing more than one piece at a time, and your old gear won't have a high resale value. Personally I'm using gems with +int/+dmg/+resists since if you can lower the amount of resists you need the gear can get a lot cheaper. But get used to looking for upgrades and seeing nothing for less than 5ex, in some cases 10+.

Yeah i literally just stole ES gear from another character. With this current gear..all my res's are capped..Which ya know is nice :P. Will definitely setup poe.trade to alert me for some gear and see where that takes me. I'd assume since Int is our core it's pretty mandatory. Will keep my eye out! Appreciate it!
First of all, this build can be super laggy. But that aside, it's pretty fun and definitely worth trying out in 2.6 before a possible (probable?) ES vaal pact-ghost reaver nerf in 3.0.

I dropped an oak flask early on (sadly my best drop of league) and desperately wanted this thing to work, so I ended up with the following gear:

standard to this build:

different:

The chest is abundant, a unique for Perandus Signet and has equal resistances for the flask.
The boots resolve any bleed issues, are easy to color RRRG, and give another endurance charge, win-win-win.
The amulet is a cheap astramentis and has some good leech buffs.
The gloves can be anything, but I used these and Aurseize. The rampage keeps you in a good rhythm.
All of my gear is unique, so the Perandus Signet bonus is mighty.

Flasks:

These might seem strange, but...
the lion's roar pushes punching things against walls for safety,
the oak flask is really nice since my resistances are equal and its buffs apply to each element (importantly fire for dmg penetration and all three elements for dmg reduction)
a fast quicksilver flask,
an onslaught flask with adrenaline, and
a phase flask with heat for opening unIDd chests (no freeze, run through enemies to safety if needed)

My tree only needed a +30 dex node to make up for attributes and a +12% cold / +15% lightning jewel make all resistances equal to 75% (135%).

I had a dps staff and a cull staff, but used the cull staff 95%+ of the time, so would probably put something else in my switch set if I were to build this again.

Also, I didn't bother with enchants, the lag made uber grinds too risky.

Had 203 str, 121 dex, 1255 int, with 6556 ES and 67/1343 mana.
Standing still with auras up in HO, WI tooltip was 2710 dps for culling staff and 3944 with dps staff.
In field after oak flask with golems, WI tooltip was 4355 dps for culling staff and 6824 with dps staff. These are clearly not accurate, but might serve as a guide.

Sadly, burnt out with league already, haven't even fully leveled gems, but no point to even try for that 4x grind. GL and HF all.
Last edited by KallasAK on Mar 25, 2017, 4:53:31 AM
Getting the offcolours (3r1g) is probbaly hardest part on this build :/
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
Hello, I'm level 88 rn, got the core tree and an extra jewel socket for damage now I thought I got everything ready for late game but my ES is kinda low, 7.6k. I want to make it higher.

The best way would be to upgrade the belt, it has only +14 flat ES Prefix so I tried Essence crafting a better one, failed 4 times and decided to give up.

Now, the other options would be to get a +15% Increased Intelligence BSC, get level 20 Discipline or 21, spend 1 skill point on "Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration", starting witch node or Spend 2 points on "Foresight".

What would you guys suggest?

get higher ES chest, boots and gloves, in that order. thats the main point responsible for your "low" ES. oh, and level helps a lot too. getting another 50 base int 4 levels down the road will boost your ES by something like 500...

Another gear Overhaul, I mean thats the most reliable way to boost ES but Im getting pissed off with it. I barely upgraded my chest with a new one a tiny bit better and it costed double. Really good chests with 800+ ES and Int and Resists are unaffordable 10ex+. I followed the guide, got the gear as Kelvynn said and now its not enough ...
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Mar 25, 2017, 7:31:30 AM
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
Hello, I'm level 88 rn, got the core tree and an extra jewel socket for damage now I thought I got everything ready for late game but my ES is kinda low, 7.6k. I want to make it higher.

The best way would be to upgrade the belt, it has only +14 flat ES Prefix so I tried Essence crafting a better one, failed 4 times and decided to give up.

Now, the other options would be to get a +15% Increased Intelligence BSC, get level 20 Discipline or 21, spend 1 skill point on "Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration", starting witch node or Spend 2 points on "Foresight".

What would you guys suggest?

get higher ES chest, boots and gloves, in that order. thats the main point responsible for your "low" ES. oh, and level helps a lot too. getting another 50 base int 4 levels down the road will boost your ES by something like 500...

Another gear Overhaul, I mean thats the most reliable way to boost ES but Im getting pissed off with it. I barely upgraded my chest with a new one a tiny bit better and it costed double. Really good chests with 800+ ES and Int and Resists are unaffordable 10ex+. I followed the guide, got the gear as Kelvynn said and now its not enough ...

Enough for what? I was mapping with 6.2k until very recently when I got an ok deal on a much better chest (now at 8k), just have to be a little more careful and sometimes offscreen especially dangerous stuff (possessed multi-essence monsters etc). But your 7.6k es is enough for red maps, are you trying to do t16s/shaper or something?

I was getting annoyed at how hard it is to get good gear, but tbh the sheer damage and leech of the build means you can still smash up bosses without it.
Why are u using rare jewels in this build?
For example Izaro's Turmoil is 50% fire and cold moar dmg, when ur rare jewel is about 44%. (16% fire, 16% cold, 12% area dmg)

btw.
in gear section u typed "2.6 Prophecy league, after 2 weeks:" instead of legacy league.

Btw.

in The Wise Oak flask if my higgest res is cold, it works same as fire, cuz i got 100% converted to fire, right?
Last edited by Sessvisto on Mar 25, 2017, 10:15:32 AM
"
Mech_ wrote:

Unless you modified something, and even then, why do you have 3 curses when you don't have either Doedre's damning or (based on your level) whispers of doom?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info