[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Sessvisto wrote:

Btw.

in The Wise Oak flask if my higgest res is cold, it works same as fire, cuz i got 100% converted to fire, right?

nope, we deal fire damage. thus, we need fire penetration, not cold penetration.
"

Enough for what? I was mapping with 6.2k until very recently when I got an ok deal on a much better chest (now at 8k), just have to be a little more careful and sometimes offscreen especially dangerous stuff (possessed multi-essence monsters etc). But your 7.6k es is enough for red maps, are you trying to do t16s/shaper or something?

I was getting annoyed at how hard it is to get good gear, but tbh the sheer damage and leech of the build means you can still smash up bosses without it.

Enough ES to tank Uber Izaro with full boosts and get maximum amount of keys. To do the lab smoothly and get good loot, enchantments,complete the challenge and maybe even carry some people and make a fortune out of it.
"
Levirael wrote:
"
Mech_ wrote:
So, this is my current gear, level 71. Doing pretty well. My biggest issue is I'm only sitting at 4.5k ES. Gloves are a little low, boots are pretty expensive with off colors and no Astramentis..because expensive :P

Does our ES increase dramatically once i get an Astra, Perandus Signet? I'd assume so simply because of the massive int bonus we gain..but wanted to know what kind of ES I should expect. Been having some close calls mapping(Thank you leech!)

Other than that..enjoying the build so far!

Unless you modified something, and even then, why do you have 3 curses when you don't have either Doedre's damning or (based on your level) whispers of doom?

Later in the night..not really paying attention..Lack of sleep? Idk. Equipped a Doedre's, one level away from WoD. Fixed some things up.
how much ES shall i get if i want to do shaper? at the moment i got 8k ES
"
Sezth wrote:
how much ES shall i get if i want to do shaper? at the moment i got 8k ES

That's enough... Don't expect to facetank the whole fight tho (I had 7890 Es when I beat him)
Today i swapped over to my "end game" gear that I'd been slowly buying and rolling chromes till everything was right.

I must have had a rare with some +max mana on it which is now gone, and I can't cast disipline, arctic armor and WM at the same time. I don't recall this being mentioned in the guide that I needed to get max mana (45+ of it) on at least 1 piece or did I do something wrong? My profile should be public to check passives/gear

Edit1:
Just worked out it's from empower increasing the mana cost of WM. Bugger. Not sure what to do about that atm.

Edit2:
Empower is there to buff disipline so obvious solution is to move WM to my boots, and move Leapslam + Faster attacks to helm where they'll also benefit from empower?

I haven't been using vigilant strike setup but would need to do so cause wont have room in helm for 3 gems.

Ugh more chromes if that's the case....

Last edited by ninjaxus on Mar 26, 2017, 10:22:04 AM
Just posting to give more credit to this build. I've always wanted to do guardians and shaper in the past but never managed to get there. Finally, with this build, I managed to kill all the guardians and the Shaper this morning! Woo!

It's really amazing how much leech this build has. Face tanking basically everything (Even shaper!) is great fun.

Two big thumbs up from me!
I have a question to why is black sun helmet good for this build. I equipped the helm and I lost over 800es and resists to gain only 300 more damage. Or does it do more than just that? Helmet slot can be used to cap out the resists and saving some skill points.
"
gbkilla3 wrote:
I have a question to why is black sun helmet good for this build. I equipped the helm and I lost over 800es and resists to gain only 300 more damage. Or does it do more than just that? Helmet slot can be used to cap out the resists and saving some skill points.

You ideally want a 15% Intelligence black sun - it's purely for this stat to further boost your intel as this boosts your damage (and also ES but lesser importance) but a further 15% intel can be huge for this build.

I only switched over to black sun when I had my other gear sorted for ES as indeed you will lose some.
"
gbkilla3 wrote:

I have the same dilemma with a rare Crystal belt vs Bated Breath, but I don't have good gloves/boots yet so that might be hindering me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info