[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

This build has been a blast so far. Just hit level 91 and my stats are looking pretty good.

Stat screehsots
Defense (with Discipline)

Icestorm tooltip in hideout (with golems and Pendulum)

Gear

*glove enchant is pretty bad, I know*

Tackled some good stuff and I feel like I should be able to comfortably take on Shaper (who I intend to try tomorrow). Also looking forward to an Uber Atziri run once I get a set for that too.

Thanks a lot for the build!
Feel like my ES is a bit too low at 7.3k, as my resistances are good and finding im dying quite a bit compared to before swapping to me "end game" gear i've been saving till i got right colours rolled on items.

Had a bit of a mistake thinking i could wear empower + discipline in helmet but it puts me way over reserved mana cap. My damage is really good it's survivability that sucks a bit now. I'm trying vigilant strike but find it a bit clumsy compared to the old setup with fortify support.

If i wear discipline in helm with empower (therefore no Arctic armor) my ES is up to 7.6k.

Upgrading to a higher ES armor is crazy price wise right now, but maybe that's the best place for it?

Or did I bust something on the tree?

Spoiler

"
ninjaxus wrote:
Feel like my ES is a bit too low at 7.3k, as my resistances are good and finding im dying quite a bit compared to before swapping to me "end game" gear i've been saving till i got right colours rolled on items.

Had a bit of a mistake thinking i could wear empower + discipline in helmet but it puts me way over reserved mana cap. My damage is really good it's survivability that sucks a bit now. I'm trying vigilant strike but find it a bit clumsy compared to the old setup with fortify support.

If i wear discipline in helm with empower (therefore no Arctic armor) my ES is up to 7.6k.

Upgrading to a higher ES armor is crazy price wise right now, but maybe that's the best place for it?

Spoiler

Hey mate, you are missing a brute force solution jewel near 'diamond skin', it appears you have a rare socketed instead. This is a lot of int you are not having access to. It sounds like the start to fixing your problem as if you recall, items like The Dark Sun Crest give you % increased int, so you want to have as much as possible.

I also wouldn't advise giving up Arctic Armour (A defense mechanic), for 300 ES. there's just not enough justification for 300ES over damage mitigation.

Hope that was somewhat helpful
Last edited by MightyMagnum on Mar 27, 2017, 4:48:36 AM
Had a post asking about gear, but I've already changed it. BTW, this is a great build so far. Can't wait to see where it takes me.
I have a question however about movement skills. Is leap slam really the answer? I have a 18/20 faster attacks and it still feels a bit sluggish. I imagine the reason why leap slam was the main choice was because it could be linked to fortify, but now that vigilant strike is taking fortify duty, I wonder if flame dash or lightning warp would be more brisk.
I'd like to know your thoughts.
Last edited by radiostar01 on Mar 27, 2017, 11:02:55 AM
"
MightyMagnum wrote:
"
ninjaxus wrote:

Spoiler

Hey mate, you are missing a brute force solution jewel near 'diamond skin', it appears you have a rare socketed instead. This is a lot of int you are not having access to. It sounds like the start to fixing your problem as if you recall, items like The Dark Sun Crest give you % increased int, so you want to have as much as possible.

I also wouldn't advise giving up Arctic Armour (A defense mechanic), for 300 ES. there's just not enough justification for 300ES over damage mitigation.

Hope that was somewhat helpful

Sure was thanks, good spot - I'd forgot a bit about my gems and that boosted my ES to almost 8k. Hopefully I can make the next few levels to do my last jewel and will drop a fertile mind in there for even more int.

:D

Now to do some testing without Arctic armor and empower :)
Last edited by ninjaxus on Mar 27, 2017, 10:25:11 AM
Okay so, i am deciding what my second build in league will be and i like this one i have only one question for me - kinda dealbreaker :D i currently play on low spec laptop and i am having fps trouble with certain builds. From the looks of it i asume this one is pretty hard for the low spec setups right?
My guild topic (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628169)
My boss/crafting service (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2806421)
Probably has been asked but, what about EE?
What about using Vaal Breach in the final gem slot? I used to run Vaal Discipline but the regen is really not enough most of the time. With Vaal Breach, we can get about half a minute of infinite flask charges and leech in places that otherwise have nothing to leech off of.

So would using this be worth it over Perandus Signet (which would loose me 55 Int but would open up further possibilities to improve the rest of the gear)

My current gear for reference:
Spoiler

here's the stat comparison:
Last edited by Palaryel on Mar 28, 2017, 6:53:58 AM
First i wanna say build feels amazing, i have only one gripe with it.
At level 77 i have only 4,5k ES even though my gear is not that bad.

I have 890 intelligence. But missing Astramentis and one Brute Force Solution jewel.

But i feel really weak in maps with only 4,5k ES. Is Astramentis such huge upgrade or how did you all got 8,5k ES ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info