[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Cleista wrote:
Absolutely disgusting. Hexproof AND twinned? I'm not even sure if the RMT GG builds can do it.

ofc they can. there are builds that have such disgusting damage that they one- or two-shot those guys...

on WI, I wouldnt do it unless you have GGGGGG stats. sub-8k ES? rofl, no f***ing way. hexproof and twinned vaal temple is already disgusting, but also dont underestimate the extra proj. in that type of fight, the room will fill up with titty bitches. with 2 extra projs, they will cover the whole room with their machine gun fire.

I actually attempted a rather similar vaal temple last league, twinned extra proj and temp chains. I had 10k ES at the time and over 1.7k int. got my ass handed to me and ripped the last portal while the last of the 6 bosses was at ~40% health. had I played it better, I would have barely made it. ok, so far so good. now exchange temp chains for hexproof and the map got a whole lot more difficult.

so yes, it might be possible to "rip" through it, but I certainly wouldnt count on it, particularly not with mediocre gear and/or int levels. I wouldnt even be confident to finish this map with 6 portals on my lvl 97 icestormer in standard. (2k int, 11.7k ES, 9.8k hideout avg damage with only golem buffs.)

so my advice is to sell it. let some howa guy with 2 bleed granites and 3 vinktars do it...
Last edited by Black_Gun on Mar 28, 2017, 5:20:57 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Cleista wrote:
Absolutely disgusting. Hexproof AND twinned? I'm not even sure if the RMT GG builds can do it.

ofc they can. there are builds that have such disgusting damage that they one- or two-shot those guys...

on WI, I wouldnt do it unless you have GGGGGG stats. sub-8k ES? rofl, no f***ing way. hexproof and twinned vaal temple is already disgusting, but also dont underestimate the extra proj. in that type of fight, the room will fill up with titty bitches. with 2 extra projs, they will cover the whole room with their machine gun fire.

I actually attempted a rather similar vaal temple last league, twinned extra proj and temp chains. I had 10k ES at the time and over 1.7k int. got my ass handed to me and ripped the last portal while the last of the 6 bosses was at ~40% health. had I played it better, I would have barely made it. ok, so far so good. now exchange temp chains for hexproof and the map got a whole lot more difficult.

so yes, it might be possible to "rip" through it, but I certainly wouldnt count on it, particularly not with mediocre gear and/or int levels. I wouldnt even be confident to finish this map with 6 portals on my lvl 97 icestormer in standard. (2k int, 11.7k ES, 9.8k hideout avg damage with only golem buffs.)

so my advice is to sell it. let some howa guy with 2 bleed granites and 3 vinktars do it...

And right when I read your post, some guy with howa in his name sends me a PM to buy the thing. Thanks for the advice.
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

And right when I read your post, some guy with howa in his name sends me a PM to buy the thing. Thanks for the advice.

XXDDDDDDDDD
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
radiostar01 wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

XXDDDDDDDDD

COLLUUSSSIONNN. GGG HALP.

P.S. He did it after 1 death.
"
radiostar01 wrote:

COLLUUSSSIONNN. GGG HALP.

P.S. He did it after 1 death.

yeah, thing is, howa isnt hurt nearly as badly as WI by the hexproof mod. triple vinktars is something like 18 seconds of being able to facetank everything, which should be enough to clear most of it on a high damage build like howa.

by investing heavily into a tricurse setup, we are obviously gutted heavily by the hexproof mod.
Should I invest 60 exalts into a 900 ES 6L body armor piece or a +1 Curses Astramentis? It feels like the Astramentis would pay better dividends because it frees up a ring slot, but I like the idea of 200 more base ES and being able to link Orb of Storms to my curses so I don't necessarily have to get hit to apply them.
"
Cleista wrote:
Should I invest 60 exalts into a 900 ES 6L body armor piece or a +1 Curses Astramentis? It feels like the Astramentis would pay better dividends because it frees up a ring slot, but I like the idea of 200 more base ES and being able to link Orb of Storms to my curses so I don't necessarily have to get hit to apply them.

The 200 ES is great but the 6L, I would not need it, linking the orb of storms feels kinda useless, the option that Kelvynn presented, with Enhance linked is also just a bonus.

So I would recommend the Astramentis so you can equip 2 Perandus Signets or whatever you like for ring slots, or maybe even use the Whispers of Doom Points elsewhere for some Increased flask effects or more jewel sockets and damage, also maybe even more ES with "Energy shield and mana regeneration" or "Foresight".
Last edited by Messiah_sin_x on Mar 28, 2017, 10:47:07 AM
I have searched the FAQ and I havent found a mention of it.

How about using Eye of Chayulahttps://goo.gl/y415MP instead of Astramentis.
We'll lose most of the atributes that Astramentis gives us and we'll have to most likely redesign the whole skill tree to make up for the STR and DEX atribute requirement but that will allow us to no longer depend on Unawering Stance which is hard to reach.
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
I have searched the FAQ and I havent found a mention of it.

How about using Eye of Chayulahttps://goo.gl/y415MP instead of Astramentis.
We'll lose most of the atributes that Astramentis gives us and we'll have to most likely redesign the whole skill tree to make up for the STR and DEX atribute requirement but that will allow us to no longer depend on Unawering Stance which is hard to reach.

It is 5 point to reach. Everything else is useful, and the strength nodes are converted. Also, getting 100 strenght + 100 dexterity will take us either several skill points (which we do not have) or to have some on our gear (which will make it more expensive). Plus you would be losing 100 int, which gets around 42 percent extra with WI, Black Sun and perandus, and 55+ with 2 perandus. So losing Astramentis for the sake of 5 skill points would be a really bad decision.
A short feedback from a SSF casual player.

So far so good. Now level 83, doing low and mid-tier maps very easily.

The only item i had when i started was (obviously) the Whisphering Ice Staff.

I followed the guide - what a great job !! Especially the "Levelling section"

It is my first CI character and i am not disapointed. I switched to CI at level 39, as stated in the guide, without any problem.

Now, i will have hard times i believe because i don't have Astramentis. I wonder how to get it: orbe chancing Onyx amulet or farming The Polymath divination card - but i never saw one in hours of POE.

I don't either have any Brute Force Jewel but i hope it will drop ( i already have 2 stupid Braw Crimson Jewel : -11% Intelligence..LOL )

Even with this average gear i enjoy this build and will try to push it further.

Thanks for your job and for sharing it !!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info