[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

BSC gives more dmg, hubris more ES.

Acording to Path of Building on my lvl 95 Elementalist:

A 400 es hubris with 50 int would give me +1700es, but -118 int, which is nearly 1100 less avg dmg per hit.
I just started this build, lv 32 now so i still gotta go ci.
But i have a few questions:
- Can someone put a realistic price on the gear/jewels u are gonna need in legacy?
- Do u cast the ice storm skill at the same time as scorching ray, or cast them separately? How exactly does this work?
- For someone who doesnt have the currency to buy the astramentis amulet, how hard will it be to get the right amount of dex/str?
"
Agilaz wrote:
I'm wondering, how does Black Sun Crest stack up against a top tier Hubris? Surely the 15% INT doesn't cover the amount of defences you'd get from a rare Hubris.

Also, looking at some of the gear posted throughout the thread, how the hell do you people cap your resistances? o.O

Maybe I'm a bit more biased towards defence because I'm playing on HC, but low ES pool aside, you should AT LEAST cap resistances for mapping, no?

You have to play with stuff that is on your disposal, heres my example:

Resistance with only the stuff from tree (including bandits): 16 / 4 / 1

Gear Affecting resistance:
Spoiler

Total with gear on: 70 / 75 (85) / 75

Res Fix:

Grand total: 75 (81) / 75 (85) / 75 (81)

All that being said, it is hard to get good gear with the resistances you need, I'm considering removing the Perandus Signet and getting a rare ring with high resists to make removing my boots easier and obtaining better chest armor cheaper. (or keep the perandus signet if I get lucky with corrupting the Astramentis finally)
"
Grimstarz wrote:
- Can someone put a realistic price on the gear/jewels u are gonna need in legacy?
- Do u cast the ice storm skill at the same time as scorching ray, or cast them separately? How exactly does this work?
- For someone who doesnt have the currency to buy the astramentis amulet, how hard will it be to get the right amount of dex/str?

- You can get the jewels for 1-15c a piece depending on what youre looking for (note that the best way to search for jewels on poe.trade is to utilise the "count" search filter - here is an example search: http://poe.trade/search/atisamitotasit), the unique jewels arent that pricy provided youre willing to settle for low rolls
- midrange gear should be obtainable quite easily with less then a 1ex total investment (excluding astramentis), lategame gear is expensive mainly due to the fact that we share similar gear requirements with howa builds, and those got insanely popular due to the fact theyre overpowered (and promoted by streamers a lot)
- Regarding Astramentis, it will be hard to balance your requirements and not having one will delay you using Fertile Mind / Bruteforce Solution to convert dex/str to int. I would highly suggest that you make your 1st serious investment into Astramentis, since that will be THE biggest boost you can possibly get on one item - aside from helping with dex/str requirements, astramentis boosts your total damage and ES as well (1-3 base cold dmg per 10 int on icestorm and 1% ES per 5 int...so for example a relatively bad 13/87 astramentis (100 total int) equals 10-30 base cold dmg on icestorm + 20% ES)
-You do not cast the Icestorm skill at all....you channel Scorching Ray and the Cast while Channeling gem is casting Icestorm for you (thus ignoring the mana cost and removing the need for cast speed modifiers completely)
"
Grimstarz wrote:

Well-rolled INT ES gear competes with the ultra rich HOWA players, so GG gear is expensive. However, starter gear is very affordable - this build's strength is that it functions extremely well even with poverty gear - DPS is never a problem, the threat is being 1-shot.

I solo cleared all of Merciless with gear that cost <20c total (80% of the cost being Fertile Mind), and that same gear brought me up until T10 maps before I couldn't do them anymore. Uber lab was easily soloable too. Izaro on most days don't hit for more than 4-5k. Main thing to watch for is just making sure your resists are capped - that's the important part.

You'll need a 5-link at some point, for the third curse. By the time you get there, you should be able to afford to link your chestpiece.

You cast scorching ray, which can be freely rotated. Icestorm is automatically cast by the game every 0.35-0.45 seconds at the location of your cursor, thanks to CwC support. It is very smooth and you just hold down right click (or the attack button of your choice) and retarget by moving your mouse.

Astramentis is honestly mandatory if you want to get into late game T15/16 farming. Without Astramentis you can get by with Carnage Heart/Perandus Blazon which will give you the required dex/str easily. Main drawback is that you miss out on a good chunk of intelligence and your belt slot ES from Auxium/INT Crystal belt, but that doesn't matter for T1-T10 maps. You will have more than enough ES to facetank almost all of the mod combinations.
Last edited by Cleista on Mar 29, 2017, 2:23:04 AM
I'm thinking to do my last build in this league, already did 3 - VFB to farm, Warchief totem and Slayer Cyclone - but cant do endgame content with these 2, only uber lab ... I have almost 3ex (already have a 6L ES chest)... Are these things enough to do this build? (i want to do the endgame content)
"
cuchio wrote:
Hi,
First of all thank you for this well written guide.
I just leveled my charakter to level 79 and it was really smooth.
But why do you grep Coldhearted Calculation, Potency of Will and Amplify so early? I had enough damage (with the nice leveling uniques) to skip those and went for Unwavering Stance and Diamond Skin early, because i value capping resistances and beeing stun immune much higher. Also i got Unwavering Stance just before Lunaris Temple in Mercy. That was nice, because of the titty bitches. Skill Tree would be:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHEFgRLRFQEzUV1xekGS4abBqBHOcdFB1PHwIn7SlPKjgsnCy_LR81uTbFOtg9Dz1fRnFMi0yzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDV9qX7BmVGhlah5tGW-efLt_xoKbgwmD94TFhXuGrodljr6PRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCXlZu1na6ezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr42vm6-ntAy-isHFwfPDOsQVxPbKSsrT0NDSIdQH1abYJNlh3I3fbd-w5CLsGOw470vyL_Ob

You can get things in a different order, it's fine as long as you get them all eventually. Getting stun immunity before the end of A3M is a good idea. I just didn't care all that much about the order because it all happens in a matter of hours.

"
I'm not sure about Amplify at all. I don't have it now and the area feels ok even with conc.
In general increasing aoe does decrease damage, doesn't it? Trickery e.g. seems more efficient in terms of dps.

There is a balance between single target DPS and other things (being able to hit a moving target, Orb/curse radius). It may be possible that after the AoE changes in 2.6 we can drop Amplify. Or not. More testing is needed. You are not in the endgame yet, so it may just be your perception at this level.

"
I used a purity for leveling as arctic armour and warlords mark wasn't needed at all.
This might be a good suggestion for the leveling section.

AA is not suggested for leveling, it's an endgame aura. But not using WM? I don't think that's a good idea at all. You used Purity because you wanted more resists? But endurance charges give you resists, and it's only a small part of what WM does. And maxing resists while leveling is not hard at all.

"
At the moment i don't have the currency for a good Black Sun Crest or a rare Crystal Belt so i did some calculations with Path of Building. It shows me that (with my gear, but lvl 90 and lvl 20 gems) the Black Sun Crest would only give like 200 damage but i would lose like 500Es compared to Doedre's Scorn. I don't think that is really worth it. I also compared Bated Breath to Auxium and Bated Breath gives only like 50Es less but 550 more damage. And about freeze/chill mitigation i think that can be done with flasks. So imo Bated Breath+Doedre's Scorn seem to be better than Black Sun Crest+Auxium.

BSC is better when you have at least 1200-1300 Int. It doesn't matter what you use for leveling, Scorn is already in the guide for that purpose. You will not be using this stuff for the endgame, so calculating what happens at lv 90 with these items is kinda pointless.

"
TiagoRox wrote:
I'm thinking to do my last build in this league, already did 3 - VFB to farm, Warchief totem and Slayer Cyclone - but cant do endgame content with these 2, only uber lab ... I have almost 3ex (already have a 6L ES chest)... Are these things enough to do this build? (i want to do the endgame content)

If you already have a good chest (does it have high Int? Raw ES without Int is pointless, and 6L is not needed) then 'almost 3ex' would be 'almost enough'. But selling a 6L ES chest that's better for some other build would probably result in enough currency to get everything you need.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 29, 2017, 1:08:10 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

BSC is better when you have at least 1200-1300 Int. It doesn't matter what you use for leveling, Scorn is already in the guide for that purpose. You will not be using this stuff for the endgame, so calculating what happens at lv 90 with these items is kinda pointless.

So i have calculated the difference for your gear and level in legacy (with a 15% BSC) and you get like 2% more damage but loose 5% ES. So perf Scorn vs. perf BSC is more a question about defence vs. damage and Scorn is still good even in lategame. The only downside is 60% inc damage loose against Hexproof Mobs or Atziri...
And a perf Scorn is like 5c and a perf BSC is 50c atm.
Last edited by cuchio on Mar 29, 2017, 3:35:55 PM
"
cuchio wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

So i have calculated the difference for your gear and level in legacy (with a 15% BSC) and you get like 2% more damage but loose 5% ES. So perf Scorn vs. perf BSC is more a question about defence vs. damage and Scorn is still good even in lategame. The only downside is 60% inc damage loose against Hexproof Mobs or Atziri...

I don't really think we need more defenses.
"
cuchio wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Sorry, but I have doubts about the accuracy of your calculations. Path of Building is not always right, or maybe you are missing something. I've already been told by somebody that my stats in the videos are impossible with my items according to Path of Building. :)

Does anybody have a perfect Scorn in LSC? I will gladly put it on to see the exact difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info