[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
cmbyrd00 wrote:
"
Skyhigh87 wrote:
So the boot enchant the .4-.6 leech one... if I had an enchant on a pair of boots already can I continue to use the ascendancy stuff tell I find the right one?

Also anyone my explaining to me why when I get hit the ball lightning curse cwdt setup I have doesn't work? I never see it shoot ball lightning..ever. Thanks for the help!

Btw I haven't played long or much and I have tried other builds - by far my favorite build hands down.

1- Leech. Continue using all the other leech even after you get the leech boots, they're just a bit extra for safety.

2 - CWDT - Ball Lightning. I'm guessing your BL is higher level than CWDT supports? CWDT should be level 1, Ball Lightning needs to be level 4 or below (but there is no reason really to level it at all if you've got a level 1 laying around.)

Okay now I'm curious if I have my CWDT - IC setup wrong, should CWDT also be lvl 1 and IC be lvl 4?
"
Okay now I'm curious if I have my CWDT - IC setup wrong, should CWDT also be lvl 1 and IC be lvl 4?

Your CWDT lower lvl than IC and can't trigger it.
I am in love this this build.

The theory behind it is absolutely amazing and I've been running it as my second character this league (legacy), and just obliterating things and having fun with it.

With that said, there are a few things that I'm curious about and wanted to ask why you went specific ways with it in the tree. First, why grab Ele overload when crit chance is super low, and there is none being taken from the tree? Following that thought, why not grab more crit? The branch im looking at specifically is Trickery near the shadow area (which adds ele damage, crit and coming from the int node above cold hearted calculation you're getting all int nodes). Also, doom cast, all spell crit chance. Grabbing these in place of retribution/amplify seems logical with overload, which isnt to take away from retribution/amplify in any means, just that was the logical cut to me (the additional point comes from the lack of need of resistance from the tree due to gear supplying enough). Would love to hear your feedback, because the rest of this build has been super awesome.
"
Skyhigh87 wrote:

Please check the Links section. The curse setup requires those levels. The other CWDT (with IC and golems) should be lv 20 to be efficient with IC duration and timing.

"
Beanst wrote:
First, why grab Ele overload when crit chance is super low, and there is none being taken from the tree? Following that thought, why not grab more crit? The branch im looking at specifically is Trickery near the shadow area (which adds ele damage, crit and coming from the int node above cold hearted calculation you're getting all int nodes). Also, doom cast, all spell crit chance.

Answered in Q&A #12. There is no need for any crit nodes. Orb of Storms is just awesome like that.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 24, 2017, 1:12:12 PM

Aight i need a little help here. I've just reached lvl 78 with unwavering stance and soon will get 79 for new belt or so, but idk what i should get first? a better armor with higher es, or clean crystal belt to craft myself or get aux belt? i have around 100c atm. I'm playing HC.
Chest first. Its the best Upgrade u can get.
Hello, I'm level 88 rn, got the core tree and an extra jewel socket for damage now I thought I got everything ready for late game but my ES is kinda low, 7.6k. I want to make it higher.

The best way would be to upgrade the belt, it has only +14 flat ES Prefix so I tried Essence crafting a better one, failed 4 times and decided to give up.

Now, the other options would be to get a +15% Increased Intelligence BSC, get level 20 Discipline or 21, spend 1 skill point on "Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration", starting witch node or Spend 2 points on "Foresight".

What would you guys suggest?
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
Hello, I'm level 88 rn, got the core tree and an extra jewel socket for damage now I thought I got everything ready for late game but my ES is kinda low, 7.6k. I want to make it higher.

The best way would be to upgrade the belt, it has only +14 flat ES Prefix so I tried Essence crafting a better one, failed 4 times and decided to give up.

Now, the other options would be to get a +15% Increased Intelligence BSC, get level 20 Discipline or 21, spend 1 skill point on "Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration", starting witch node or Spend 2 points on "Foresight".

What would you guys suggest?

get higher ES chest, boots and gloves, in that order. thats the main point responsible for your "low" ES. oh, and level helps a lot too. getting another 50 base int 4 levels down the road will boost your ES by something like 500...
Looking to replace my spare ring slot, is an opal ring a good option?
"
ninjaxus wrote:
Looking to replace my spare ring slot, is an opal ring a good option?

in the endgame, perandus signet usually is the best option. if you still need res on that ring slot, an opal ring with high int is probably your best bet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info