[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
MrWestons wrote:
What am i doing wrong here ? I can run T14-15 maps but when i gets to bosses, i still can't leech enough or fast enough. My dps is STILL around 4k and i am really stuck. I spent so much currency trying to get good mods on items and nothing. Not a single good craft. I really need help on how to get DPS and leech up. Int is 1500, ES (with discipline) 8500. For example, trying to kill pit of the chimera map boss, when this guy gets into smoke clouds, he kills me before i even can find the right smoke cloud.

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Skilltree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHDkgQWBEtEVARlhM1FdcXpBhqGS4abBqBGyUc3BznHRQdTx2-HwIi9CftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fNbk2xTlSOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxS65Mi0yzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDVgHXfJfal-wZlRoZWoebAttGW-efLt_xoKbgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WOvo8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezaEvoqOmmacIpyuvja-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQ0NIh1AfVptgk2VvZYdyN323fsOQi6QLr7uwY7DjvS-988i_zmw==?accountName=MrWestons&characterName=LegcayWitch

can you link your jewels? your dps is pitiful for that amount of int and that gear level. there's something wrong.

edit: your tree is unfinished, thats your issue.

- you lack 35% increased skill effect duration at potency of will. when trying to facetank bosses, this corresponds to you lacking around 35% of the builds true single target dps potential. so even someone else with the same 4k tooltip damage as you would deal almost 35% more damage against bosses because of those two nodes you're missing.

- you are two points away from unwavering stance. while getting stunned all the time, its no wonder you cant facetank bosses and get destroyed by chimera's smoke phase.

- you are missing the alchemist cluster, which buffs your flasks and thus your mitigation.

- you are lacking several strong and easy damage nodes. most notably catalyse (20 int for one point) and the two-point jewel socket at the witch start.

so to sum it up, get at least 4 more levels in to grab potency of will and unwavering, then your build will feel MUCH stronger. add another 3 levels and the tooltip damage should increase significantly as well. you just tackled too high content before your char was ready for it in terms of char level/passive tree.

Last edited by Black_Gun on Mar 23, 2017, 7:44:14 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
MrWestons wrote:
Spoiler
What am i doing wrong here ? I can run T14-15 maps but when i gets to bosses, i still can't leech enough or fast enough. My dps is STILL around 4k and i am really stuck. I spent so much currency trying to get good mods on items and nothing. Not a single good craft. I really need help on how to get DPS and leech up. Int is 1500, ES (with discipline) 8500. For example, trying to kill pit of the chimera map boss, when this guy gets into smoke clouds, he kills me before i even can find the right smoke cloud.

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Skilltree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAQHDkgQWBEtEVARlhM1FdcXpBhqGS4abBqBGyUc3BznHRQdTx2-HwIi9CftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fNbk2xTlSOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxS65Mi0yzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDVgHXfJfal-wZlRoZWoebAttGW-efLt_xoKbgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WOvo8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezaEvoqOmmacIpyuvja-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQ0NIh1AfVptgk2VvZYdyN323fsOQi6QLr7uwY7DjvS-988i_zmw==?accountName=MrWestons&characterName=LegcayWitch

Spoiler
can you link your jewels? your dps is pitiful for that amount of int and that gear level. there's something wrong.

- you lack 35% increased skill effect duration at potency of will. when trying to facetank bosses, this corresponds to you lacking around 35% of the builds true single target dps potential. so even someone else with the same 4k tooltip damage as you would deal almost 35% more damage against bosses because of those two nodes you're missing.

- you are two points away from unwavering stance. while getting stunned all the time, its no wonder you cant facetank bosses and get destroyed by chimera's smoke phase.

- you are missing the alchemist cluster, which buffs your flasks and thus your mitigation.

- you are lacking several strong and easy damage nodes. most notably catalyse (20 int for one point) and the two-point jewel socket at the witch start.

so to sum it up, get at least 4 more levels in to grab potency of will and unwavering, then your build will feel MUCH stronger. add another 3 levels and the tooltip damage should increase significantly as well. you just tackled too high content before your char was ready for it in terms of char level/passive tree.

Everything Black Gun said was correct except that you don't need to go get four more levels, you need to fix your tree with the points you've got wasted.

That frees up six points: Two to get Unwaivering Stance, two to get Potency of will, one to grab Catalyze, and the 10 int between you and Witch jewel slot. Next level up unlocks the jewel slot.
my ball of lightning does apply curse.... it's link codt and curse on hit.
So the boot enchant the .4-.6 leech one... if I had an enchant on a pair of boots already can I continue to use the ascendancy stuff tell I find the right one?

Also anyone my explaining to me why when I get hit the ball lightning curse cwdt setup I have doesn't work? I never see it shoot ball lightning..ever. Thanks for the help!

Btw I haven't played long or much and I have tried other builds - by far my favorite build hands down.
Last edited by Skyhigh87 on Mar 24, 2017, 1:03:26 AM
"
Skyhigh87 wrote:
So the boot enchant the .4-.6 leech one... if I had an enchant on a pair of boots already can I continue to use the ascendancy stuff tell I find the right one?

Also anyone my explaining to me why when I get hit the ball lightning curse cwdt setup I have doesn't work? I never see it shoot ball lightning..ever. Thanks for the help!

Btw I haven't played long or much and I have tried other builds - by far my favorite build hands down.

1- Leech. Continue using all the other leech even after you get the leech boots, they're just a bit extra for safety.

2 - CWDT - Ball Lightning. I'm guessing your BL is higher level than CWDT supports? CWDT should be level 1, Ball Lightning needs to be level 4 or below (but there is no reason really to level it at all if you've got a level 1 laying around.)

Doing this build and doing quite well I think.

I've been doing so uber labbing and failing hard. Everything goes smoothly, If I can avoid dying to traps like a roflcoopter. Anyway First and Second phase always goes well.
Third phase he always one shotts me every time. I've been watching you doing uber lab on your Maruader for example and I've been trying to do the same. Atm I'm sitting on 6.3k ES, got artic armor and everything. I feel like its a waste for me to do uberlab when I keep dying just to get lucky once and be able to do it. I wish to farm it effective.

What Can I do to fix my problem?

So far this is the best gear I've managed to get.

Skill tree should be just like yours at level 85+.

Kind Regards
Pjey
"
Pjey wrote:
Doing this build and doing quite well I think.

I've been doing so uber labbing and failing hard. Everything goes smoothly, If I can avoid dying to traps like a roflcoopter. Anyway First and Second phase always goes well.
Third phase he always one shotts me every time. I've been watching you doing uber lab on your Maruader for example and I've been trying to do the same. Atm I'm sitting on 6.3k ES, got artic armor and everything. I feel like its a waste for me to do uberlab when I keep dying just to get lucky once and be able to do it. I wish to farm it effective.

With 6.3k es you want to make sure that you don't let him power up in phase 1 and 2. It's very easy with the damage that WI does to blast through those phases and not kill off gargoyles or w/e leading to a buffed boss in the last phase. Make sure you're taking care of anything that'd give him +attack speed/damage etc in the first phases. In the last fight go near where he raises up from and stack icestorm right next to it (not on top of the circle since it won't actually stack there, but really close so it overlaps), the damage will cut through him fast, just be fast to either move out of the green circle or out of the traps and it should be a quick fight. A few more levels, perandus signet, and better rolled staff and helm would help too.

edit - get better staff/helm regardless btw, 18% 15% are easy to get and the int scaling is the entire point of the build.
Last edited by EsperP on Mar 24, 2017, 4:29:16 AM
Spoiler

Spoiler

Everything Black Gun said was correct except that you don't need to go get four more levels, you need to fix your tree with the points you've got wasted.

That frees up six points: Two to get Unwaivering Stance, two to get Potency of will, one to grab Catalyze, and the 10 int between you and Witch jewel slot. Next level up unlocks the jewel slot.

Thanks alot guys. When i respecced i tought i was so punctual with the points that i was sure couldn't miss something on the skilltree. I guess that's another good lesson learned here. Going to make the changes once i get home. Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to look into it and help!
Should i take Faith and steel + Nullification instead of the 1 jewel for brute ? as im playing HC
"
MrWestons wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks alot guys. When i respecced i tought i was so punctual with the points that i was sure couldn't miss something on the skilltree. I guess that's another good lesson learned here. Going to make the changes once i get home. Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to look into it and help!

np, gl with your new WI that will reach the next SSJ level. (ref for dbz fans)

I should have noticed the wasted nodes though, thanks cmbird for pointing them out.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Mar 24, 2017, 7:49:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info