Upcoming Unique Items

It's kind of amusing seeing how many people think the phrasing on my claw's crit/freeze effect should be change, despite me pointing out that it would be a problem before they announced it. ;)
IGN: iAreNubcake - PM me on here otherwise
Note: If you whisper me and someone responds with a stupid IGN, it's probably me.
"
sherlockmatt wrote:

"Critical strikes no longer guarantee freeze"

I was thinking exactly about this wording.
There is no dark, it's just absence of light.
@Nuro: Congratulations with the upcoming implementation of your harp! Must be exciting to finally get your hands on one.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Cryptoplasty wrote:
Cool uniques!

What does "not always" mean? Is there some kind of percentage tied to it?

It means that critical strikes do not cause it. All the wording we tried with something along the lines of "Critical Strikes do not Freeze" could be misinterpreted as when you crit, you can't freeze.

So that wording was to make it clear you still can, but not from the critical strike.

The current wording in no way conveys this information.

It should say - 'This weapon's critical strikes do not freeze'

I'd prefer it to also contain the information that you still can freeze but they'll figure that out when they freeze something, but it's also implied by using the wording 'this weapon' which implies the limiting action 'do not freeze' is restricted to just the weapon.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on May 9, 2016, 1:06:11 PM
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
As if voltaxic spark ain't strong enough yet :/

okay

New quiver: 30% increased damage for Spark (at 300 Int)
Old quiver: 100% increased damage for Spark (at 100% pierce chance)

Why would the new one change anything?

"
Shppy wrote:
Of course, that begs the question of why critical strikes always freeze/shock/ignite in the first place...

Because it was implemented that way? Because it's a basic rule in this game? Maybe even something like a law of nature in Wraeclast?

"
ggnorekthx wrote:
"Your critical strikes do not always freeze" is entirely, 100% inaccurate and misleading. Any normal human being is going to assume something like a 30-50% chance of your crit strikes freezing.

The only thing 100% inaccurate I can see is your statement. "Not always" certainly implies everything from "never" (0%) up to "almost always" (99,9999%). In a game that heavily relies on mechanics, would the first thing a sensible player does upon encountering the wording "not always" be to assume a random percentage instead? I guess not. That would not make sense in the context of PoE. The sensible player then either proceeds to realize that the "always freeze on crit" property is taken away and thus something else has to take its place (like the generic chance to freeze - what else would be there?), or they conclude that they don't know and consult the wiki.
Crit happens.
Summoner cloak looks to be my favorite one out of these due to the lvl 16 life leech. Spectre and zombie builds would benefit greatly from it. :D
I will 100% make a Frost Blades Raider in the next League with that Claw, looks like it was made for that in particular
I like them all for the design and flavour.

Regarding the wording-discussion... just fine, imo.
I am not a native english speaker, my language skills are ok/good but not amazing.
So if it's "not always", then what? No other indication of chances, then it should fall back to core game mechanics, aka damage-life-relation. that's it.

(just to add my 2 ct)

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Absolutely disappointing bow... u already have an op elemental bow..why another one?
Where is a good physical bow with added bonus ... assassin's mark on hit as an example?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info