if you dont build around reflect... u will die

Reflect is something you build around, and it's also very manageable. If you don't, the game says you deserve to die, and it's right :)

Do you want to see Crit EK builds with 2 mil dps?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 19, 2016, 8:23:40 AM
Welp, you must always be prepared to get hit. If you aren't prepared to get hit, you should have died long ago. :P Reflect only helps you with that.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly the only way to handle ele reflect at higher DPS (over 50K) is warlords and LL gem for 4% leech linked to vaal pact for instant leech. IMO that a bit ridiculous so we all go chaos now or traps.

Phys Attackers can deal with it easier with a shit load of leech on tree and items (rings ammys gloves etc)

I never complain about reflect really because I know you have to build around it other than to say should you have to build around it?

I have around 120k DPS (mixed - around 50% ele, 40% phy, maybe 10% chaos) and I can easily do reflect maps, be it Phy or Ele. (I'm still leeching the damage monsters do).
I'm using leech (no LL or Warlords mark) - no Vaal Pact.

How is that? Welp, it is always to have some sort of defensive mechanic against Attacks. Mine is 74% dodge chance (and evasion). What is yours? :P

"
LSN wrote:
Reflect is a stupid mechanic. But it is needed right now to at least limit pure glass cannon building a tiny bit. The problem is that those guys who would build that way anyway mitigate it and are not affected and the others who don't get punished for it still.

I feel quite stupid with my ice crash build that it can't play physical reflect without taking the risk and high chance to die. 90% of the damage it does is elemental. It hits for something 9-17k cold dmg and 1-3k something physical dmg per hit.

I think it is ok to not be able to play some map mods. If it should be phys reflect for an almost pure elemental build while chaos builds are not affected at all is another question tho.

Take Physical to Lightning out, and put something else for such map. :v

Mitigation and dodge is viable too. I used to run 100% elemental resits with inner-force and elemental adaption was in game Worked great and could even attack atziris reflect clone. Dodge is more sketchy. What happens when you don't dodge? If you play crit and crit you stand a good chance of one shotting yourself so I dont care for it.

Git R Dun!
This is why I'm not playing crit. :P When I don't dodge (and it is pretty rare, because I have quite a bit of evasion, pretty low accuracy, compensated with Poacher's Mark, AND dodge) I hit myself for like 10-20% hp, tops.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I know what you mean, but Reflect has been nerfed enough : I think it's not really a problem anymore, you have Vaal Pact, Blocking, Eesistances, Immortal Cry, Sibyl's Lament, Flasks, etc... to counteract its effects.

Of course someone putting all his points in offense to reach gazillions of DPS with no defense is bound to die sooner or later :)
well. reflect has been nerfed. but ppl tend to forget that life leech gem has also been nerfed (9%->2%, for vaal pact 3.6% -> 2%).

In short, the changes helped non-instant leech builds, but was not good for alot of elemental or spell related vaal pact builds where most of their leech used to come from the life leech gem; to such builds pre-update, you could just overleech the reflected damage using life leech gem alone as long as you don't 1 shot yourself whether if it was from a pack or a single target or on a reflect map.

Now to get that amount of leech value, for such builds you pretty much need warlord mark + the life leech gem itself. And thus with this change, it can get problematic if u got high damage or dps and run into curse immune mobs or run curse immune maps.

If reflected damage was changed to like a degen over time or something instead of an instant dmg returned value that would be pretty nice; would give players more reaction time window to deal with surprise reflect mobs.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Reflect was heavily nerfed, it's really not an issue anymore unless you really do insane dps and you have no leech whatsoever.

If you play reflect maps, you will need to slow down, lose some dps, insert a life leech gem, atziri flask, etc. There are plenty of ways around it.

Unless you play one of those fotm newbie friendly chaos damage builds that completely ignores reflect whatsoever regardless of any situation while getting 650%+ extra damage scaling from abusing double/triple dipping the shit out of it.

Welcome to Path of Chaos fucking meta.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 19, 2016, 11:17:31 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Reflect was heavily nerfed, it's really not an issue anymore unless you really do insane dps and you have no leech whatsoever.

If you play reflect maps, you will need to slow down, lose some dps, insert a life leech gem, atziri flask, etc. There are plenty of ways around it.

Unless you play one of those fotm newbie friendly chaos damage builds that completely ignores reflect whatsoever regardless of any situation while getting 650%+ extra damage scaling from abusing double/triple dipping the shit out of it.

Welcome to Path of Chaos fucking meta.

You're fucking discharge and you're crying about chaos? haha wtf ''yo''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Discharge should be nerfed to the fucking ground like chaos cheese do. hahaha at least I am not ignorant enough to pretend that broken retarded shit is fine. I mean it doesn't take much to see over 650% extra damage scaling bonus being seriously broken.

But I guess for someone like you, they are all working fine and your 3.9 billion dps or something stupid that's also immune to reflect must be how PoE is meant to be played all along.

oh and in case you didn't know how it works, coc discharge is not reflect immune (which is the topic of this thread btw hahaha)... unlike your chaos cheese.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Apr 19, 2016, 11:40:11 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"

Discharge should be nerfed to the fucking ground like chaos cheese do. hahaha at least I am not ignorant enough to pretend that broken retarded shit is fine. I mean it doesn't take much to see over 650% extra damage scaling bonus being seriously broken.

But I guess for someone like you, they are all working fine and your 3.9 billion dps or something stupid that's also immune to reflect must be how PoE is meant to be played all along.

oh and in case you didn't know how it works, coc discharge is not reflect immune (which is the topic of this thread btw hahaha)... unlike your chaos cheese.

If that person has a 6L and 21 gems on every single slot then it better do 3.9 billion DPS with the best possible jewels and gear.

Yeah god dam right I deserve to do that amount of DPS.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 19, 2016, 11:43:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info