if you dont build around reflect... u will die

Reflect is fine.

In fact, I hope they add some more troublesome mods/affixes down the line.
Make the game harder so we have to slow down a bit and think for once.
I imagine it went down something like this: "We don't care about figuring out balance so we can spend our time on building the lab/PvP instead of the core game, so lets just throw reflect in"
"
Siochan wrote:
I imagine it went down something like this: "We don't care about figuring out balance so we can spend our time on building the lab/PvP instead of the core game, so lets just throw reflect in"

Maybe it should be up to us to figure out the balance between offense and defense.

If you go full glass cannon, then you shouldn't expect to ezmode your way through reflect.

Im not built around reflect and reflect doesnt kill me, nor the monsters

reflect being 1 monster now instead of a pack makes it risible
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 18, 2016, 4:52:58 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

im not going to say reflect shouldn't be in the game

I'll help you then: reflect shouldn't be in the game. :)

haha
well think about what if it wasn't? i know personally, i would go back to what my build was, super SUPER high DPS, basically glass cannon damage without being a glass cannon. i wouldn't need to think about anything except just hitting 1,2,3,4,5 every 8 seconds and refresh my pet if it died.
i don't know if this is a good or bad thing
The game just need to be sensibly harder without punish with one shot to prevent this, unless it's a telegraphed attack. Think about D3 act 4 pm10 (before expansion, I haven't played the expansion), it was really scary with all the crazy mobs you have there and you definitely couldn't get there without decent tankiness, but it was still fun.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
The game just need to be sensibly harder without punish with one shot to prevent this, unless it's a telegraphed attack. Think about D3 act 4 pm10 (before expansion, I haven't played the expansion), it was really scary with all the crazy mobs you have there and you definitely couldn't get there without decent tankiness, but it was still fun.
Eh que je taime toi

This is the kind of point ive been making for year to people claiming that being one shot means that you are bad. One shot mechanic is a pseudo difficulty while the real difficulty scaling lies in the complexity of the gameplay and boss fight.

There are 2 majors flaws that happen in video games boss fight:

- Boss dont react enough or at all to player's attacks

or/and

- Player has to avoid all hits because Boss will one hit him
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I made a storm call inquisitor and had to spec into vaal pact and link life leech gem to mitigate reflect. I still occasionally died to reflect so I binned the char and made an la voltaxic build.

If you think reflect is fine then you haven't played a build that it cripples or you don't mind dying.
"
DAYLEET wrote:

New people need to be helped too, the game should let it know when you are hitting a reflect with audio cues and even character talk. Your character could scream or arg in a specific way to highlight it.

This. Reflect is like chaos resistance, you know its there, if you choose to ignore it it will hurt. there are ways to mitigate it. There are plenty of build guides that have a section "how to deal with reflect"
I really have trouble getting on board the "nerf it cause i dont like it" train
"

Er what? I didn't even know reflect exists in d3. Anyway, if you get 1 shot from reflect, you put too much damage in your build. Simple as that. There's too many permutations for a build in this game, and reflect is one simple way of keeping things in check. People who complain about their lv90s dying from this have no room to talk. It's like complaining why you cant do grift 90's solo in d3 with a mediocre build - the answer is because your build is mediocre lol.
Last edited by jebroni on Apr 18, 2016, 6:22:29 PM
I feel like I don't understand Reflect at all. I just recently got to maps for the first time ever playing this game. I'm using a Voltaxic LA/BR build, and got a map that said 13% of physical damage is reflected back to me. All the guides to this type of build said that I should be basically immune to all reflect, since most of my damage is chaos.

However on that map I fired one shot of Lightning arrow into the first pack I saw and instantly died. I was level 73, 4.4k health, 30% evasion, and every pack would insta-kill me as soon as I attacked it. How is 13% of my very small amount of physical damage managing to kill me instantly? Can someone explain the reflect mechanics to me or something because it is not working how I imagined it would.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info