if you dont build around reflect... u will die

I actually wouldn't mind an update to monster aura's I feel like there is a ton of stuff that could be added to mess with players builds.

How about an aura that makes it so you can't leech mana or life.
Or an aura that makes mobs fracture either you kill the mob with the aura or face an army of mobs.

Oh and they could change elemental resist aura mobs get to also give chaos resist.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Apr 18, 2016, 6:32:12 PM
Honestly the only way to handle ele reflect at higher DPS (over 50K) is warlords and LL gem for 4% leech linked to vaal pact for instant leech. IMO that a bit ridiculous so we all go chaos now or traps.

Phys Attackers can deal with it easier with a shit load of leech on tree and items (rings ammys gloves etc)

I never complain about reflect really because I know you have to build around it other than to say should you have to build around it?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 18, 2016, 7:44:44 PM
There's some basic methods I use to mitigate reflect damage on builds I have where it is a concern.

For elemental builds:
-I carry a resistance flask (ruby, topaz, or sapphire) of whatever my main damage type is. I can use this to increase my maximum resistance and thus mitigate the reflected damage.

For physical builds:
-I carry a flask that increases my physical mitigation (Basalt or granite, typically). I pop this before I begin or right after I start to attack a phys reflect monster.
-I may run immortal call which will block all reflected damage while it is up.

Note: Hitting quickly with less damage per hit is very effective against reflect as a physical build if you have a decent armor rating (remember, armor is more effective against smaller hits than larger hits).

For attacking evasion builds:
-I use a flask to increase my evasion rating to increase my chance of evading my own attacks.

Generally, I don't run reflect maps on most of my characters. Seeing them is basically an instant reroll.

If your build hits for large bursts of damage, it's important to recognize reflect monsters and take action before any damage is reflected. And you should more or less never run a map with the relevant reflect mod with that character. Better to spend an alteration or a chaos than to lose 10% exp.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Reflect is so stupid. So annoying to be seeing guys blazing through wiping the entire screen with 1 lightning shot with Volt while I get random F-YOU, YOU'RE INSTA DEAD for using a spell instead.
While I can't help but be sometimes envious of builds and characters that clear out swathes of enemies in full parties while barely pausing in their rush to the map objective, threads like this give me a little frisson of pleasure when I see them.

I'll be blunt; if you one-shotting yourself against a reflect enemy then you've just experienced the counter-balance to being able to faceroll damn-near everything.
That counter-balance being that YOU CAN NOT FACEROLL EVERYTHING.
Yes, reflect is only there to slow you down.
Reflect is only there to try and make you actually pay attention to what you're killing.

I remember this thread from back before reflect was nerfed where the OP just out-and-out said that reflect was the only thing that caused their build any trouble at all.

No one build should be able to smoothly handle everything, and that's the issue with chaos conversion builds. The one thing I haven't been able to understand is where this all came from.
Chaos damage has been around ages, Voltaxic Rift has been in the game since 2013. There was even a BotW in November 2014.

Was it all just because of The Consuming Dark in 2.0.0?

And how can we go back?

OP, this is what you really should've been asking about.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 18, 2016, 8:44:39 PM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
Chaos damage has been around ages, Voltaxic Rift has been in the game since 2013. There was even a BotW in November 2014.

Was it all just because of The Consuming Dark in 2.0.0?

And how can we go back?

Power creep without mitigation creep maybe? Also the game has been speeding up which automatically makes reflect a bigger problem. On top of those running dangerous maps has become more common = more damage modifiers when you do encounter reflect.

edit: plus they nerfed leech a lot and I am suspicious about vaal pact's functionality.
Last edited by ladish on Apr 18, 2016, 9:28:10 PM
"
if you dont build around reflect... u will die

there is a lot of mechanics that will kill you if you will no build around them. IT is basically every mechanics if its goal is to deal damage.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 19, 2016, 12:40:53 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
i feel the very same way as you about punctuation and such.

anyway, your title is correct, thats for sure. reflect is always an issue on every build except the now popular 100% chaos builds...and thats half the reason why they're so popular!

im not going to say reflect shouldn't be in the game, but it is a pretty lazy way to try to soft cap DPS, if you ask me. that being said, it is relatively easy to counter reflect. all it takes is a slight bit of attention span to notice the mob so you don't nuke yourself by accident. otherwise running maps would be completely blind tedious and boring, even more so than it is.

in fact i find that almost all of my deaths are because i've gotten to droned into mapping that i miss a reflect mob and destroy myself. i specifically changed 3 pieces of my gear, 15 passives, and a number of flasks just so i don't nuke myself on one reflect mob. however if i don't hit the right flasks at the time before i hit said mob, i'll still instantly die, but that is the only attention this game is getting from me when im just mindlessly running maps over and over

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the reflect mod that can appear on maps generally and not the rare-specific mod that only affects singular enemies. In other words - it's talking about reflect MAPS where EVERYTHING has reflect. Those are a lot more difficult to deal with than what you are referring to. Because you do not need massive damage to instantly die by those. Any hard hitting area spell will most likely be your death. So you may as well un-slot spells like molten shell or flame blast because they will likely do nothing but kill you.
Last edited by Berylstone on Apr 19, 2016, 12:55:44 AM
Reflect is a stupid mechanic. But it is needed right now to at least limit pure glass cannon building a tiny bit. The problem is that those guys who would build that way anyway mitigate it and are not affected and the others who don't get punished for it still.

I feel quite stupid with my ice crash build that it can't play physical reflect without taking the risk and high chance to die. 90% of the damage it does is elemental. It hits for something 9-17k cold dmg and 1-3k something physical dmg per hit.

I think it is ok to not be able to play some map mods. If it should be phys reflect for an almost pure elemental build while chaos builds are not affected at all is another question tho.
Last edited by LSN on Apr 19, 2016, 8:11:25 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Honestly the only way to handle ele reflect at higher DPS (over 50K) is warlords and LL gem for 4% leech linked to vaal pact for instant leech. IMO that a bit ridiculous so we all go chaos now or traps.

Phys Attackers can deal with it easier with a shit load of leech on tree and items (rings ammys gloves etc)

I never complain about reflect really because I know you have to build around it other than to say should you have to build around it?

I have around 120k DPS (mixed - around 50% ele, 40% phy, maybe 10% chaos) and I can easily do reflect maps, be it Phy or Ele. (I'm still leeching the damage monsters do).
I'm using leech (no LL or Warlords mark) - no Vaal Pact.

How is that? Welp, it is always to have some sort of defensive mechanic against Attacks. Mine is 74% dodge chance (and evasion). What is yours? :P

"
LSN wrote:
Reflect is a stupid mechanic. But it is needed right now to at least limit pure glass cannon building a tiny bit. The problem is that those guys who would build that way anyway mitigate it and are not affected and the others who don't get punished for it still.

I feel quite stupid with my ice crash build that it can't play physical reflect without taking the risk and high chance to die. 90% of the damage it does is elemental. It hits for something 9-17k cold dmg and 1-3k something physical dmg per hit.

I think it is ok to not be able to play some map mods. If it should be phys reflect for an almost pure elemental build while chaos builds are not affected at all is another question tho.

Take Physical to Lightning out, and put something else for such map. :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 19, 2016, 8:20:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info