if you dont build around reflect... u will die

Reflect is retarded mechanically, it's not a matter of numbers. Why is the reflected damage avoidable? Why can you reduce the damage? Why are RT builds basically a suicide? Why does it promote cancer like VP leech further?
Last edited by Raudram on May 3, 2017, 3:22:37 AM
I think the easiest way to fix reflect is to make it "visible" in the sense that it has a certain aura. Sort of like how the Talisman mobs are green, but maybe another color for reflect.

That way if I see a reflect mob I can pop the right flasks or ignore it completely. Obviously this doensn't work for builds that shoot mobs off screen, but it'd make it easier to manage :D
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
I don't build around reflect and I don't die to it ... strange, isn't it? I really don't get these issues forum dwellers appear to have with reflect (and most of them even with Volatile blood mobs, those are even easier to deal with). All I could think about are lazy people whom don't want to learn the game, as this is first and foremost L2P / Git gud issue.

I found it funny. I even tried to run reflect map with my FB elementalist (without the reflect ascendancy branch) and I had no issues to finish the map. Sure, it took bit longer as I had to more rely on ignites, but that's about it.

If you guys can't be arsed to mouse over a rare mob even once to see what abilities it has, then you deserve to die, thus if you guys think only proper way of playing the game is to mindlessly rush ahead, well, make peace with the fact that you WILL die at some point to something you didn't see in all that rush.
Those of us, whom remeber Hell difficulty in Diablo 2, where you HAD to check every rare monsters as some combination of abilities we impossible to do or were too deadly to bother, have no problem with dealing with current easy reflect mobs.

I'd say leave reflect as it is or better revert it back to it's original form of aura to make it really deadly again (I miss those days).

P.S. Better visibility for reflect mobs? Why? It's already massive disc below mobs which is very hard to miss even in bigger clusters of mobs (that is unless you mindlessly rush).
"
Darksagex wrote:
I think the easiest way to fix reflect is to make it "visible" in the sense that it has a certain aura. Sort of like how the Talisman mobs are green, but maybe another color for reflect.

That way if I see a reflect mob I can pop the right flasks or ignore it completely. Obviously this doensn't work for builds that shoot mobs off screen, but it'd make it easier to manage :D

Mobs with Phys Reflect and Ele Reflect Aura already have a very visible Aura.
It´s just that people wanna clear fast and can´t or won´t check for every Rare Mobs Aura.
TBH i can´t believe you don´t know this, looking at your "accolades".
Personally I do not mind some form of reflect. However in the current form and current meta it literally says: 'These types of builds can play reckless and these kinds of builds will continue to die if they do'. And being careful is just not a playstyle for everyone. However the builds that can be reckless have no real downside/penalty towards them. This makes them strictly better. That's not healthy.
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
Personally I do not mind some form of reflect. However in the current form and current meta it literally says: 'These types of builds can play reckless and these kinds of builds will continue to die if they do'. And being careful is just not a playstyle for everyone. However the builds that can be reckless have no real downside/penalty towards them. This makes them strictly better. That's not healthy.

You are speaking way to generally. Name some specific builds. Because as i see it, the only builds that don´t have to worry about reflect at all are Totem, Chaos and Minion builds.
None of which qualify to be at the top of the so called clear speed meta.
I don't mind it so much when it is a map modifier, but as a person who likes doing range builds, ripping to something you don't even see is frustrating. I keep abandoning Arc characters due to instagibbing to an offscreen reflect mob. Perhaps GGG could make reflect damage take you down to 1 hp but not be able to kill you outright. You would still be punished for hitting it and could die easily by a stray enemy shot, but at least it would be a protection of sorts. Idk, i've lived with it long enough that it isn't the end of the world, just a thought tho.
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"
I don't mind it so much when it is a map modifier, but as a person who likes doing range builds, ripping to something you don't even see is frustrating. I keep abandoning Arc characters due to instagibbing to an offscreen reflect mob.

1. Reflect mobs don't exist anymore and haven't for literally years. There is a massive difference between a mob and a single monster.

2. Please share; How much damage were you doing in a single cast and what was your life/es?

Lots of people in this thread saying they get one shot to reflect, but when you ask for numbers they go silent or change the subject.
"
"
Darksagex wrote:

Mobs with Phys Reflect and Ele Reflect Aura already have a very visible Aura.
It´s just that people wanna clear fast and can´t or won´t check for every Rare Mobs Aura.
TBH i can´t believe you don´t know this, looking at your "accolades".

I totally never knew this :D I've only started recently paying attention to rares since playing HC. Before that I played pretty mindlessly in SC :>

Could you maybe post a pic of it?
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Last edited by Darksagex on May 4, 2017, 2:55:21 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
I don't mind it so much when it is a map modifier, but as a person who likes doing range builds, ripping to something you don't even see is frustrating. I keep abandoning Arc characters due to instagibbing to an offscreen reflect mob.

1. Reflect mobs don't exist anymore and haven't for literally years. There is a massive difference between a mob and a single monster.

2. Please share; How much damage were you doing in a single cast and what was your life/es?

Lots of people in this thread saying they get one shot to reflect, but when you ask for numbers they go silent or change the subject.

Well, as you are asking for actual numbers, let's see...

To get one shot-ed by elemental reflect with 5800 Life, you need only 116000 hit.
Calculation: 116000 Hit * 0.2 (20% elemental reflect) * 0.25 (75% resistance) = 5800 damage taken

How to get 116000 Hit?
As example I'll use my Slayer Fire-converted Ice Crash with 72% penetration and only Headsman (20% more damage on kill mod) and nothing else.
So, 116000 without penetration is 116000 / 1.72 = 67442 (rounded)
Raw non-penetrated 67442 Hit without Headsman buff is 67442 / 1.2 = 56202 (rounded)
Thus, with Hit rolled above 56202 would result in certain death.

As example, my tooltip Fire Damage Hit range is 33590 – 57007, that's with quite lot of attack speed picked up, instead of % increased X damage mods.
So, if I had 5800 Life I'd be killing my self here and there.

Remember, this calculation was done with only 2 mods accounted for and nothing else.
Now add some other buffs/monster debuffs like Frenzy Charges, Cover Enemies in Ash (Xoph's Blood amulet mod), curses, anything... and you will see that even 7k+ Life is not enough.

And this example is quite modest in regards of how big hit range one can get with 2H weapon, as I mentioned that I could easily swap attack speed for more elemental damage increases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info