I am a scammer - Account locked?

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Players can be and have been permanently banned from the game in the past for scamming.

Where can we read the rules regarding these actions?

As far as i am aware the whole trading environment is that of rogue's which sub-sequentially doesn't follow any moral code.

It seems rather obnoxious people would get banned or account locked simply because they scammed under the assumption a lot of people doing the same actions are having no repercussions.

Obviously, banning/account locking is up to GGG ultimately, but without regulated guide-lines this seems like an arbitrary statement without a system to back it up resulting in a "don't get caught" line of thought.

This doesn't really satisfy me.

Or you formulated it way to blunt and context-less to be of any value to me and this community as a whole.

Peace,

-Boem-

I do not know what is it you dont understand.
Scamming is mild word.
What he actualy done is purposly harasing players, brag abouth it, say GGG is Ok with him doing that, making game look bad, advertising such actions, prowoking reactions form thos who he alredy mentaly abused. You can name it many ways, as i say the word Scamer is to short to describe it same as word criminal.

To be clear i was commenting to gary.

I can't care less about the op neither do i know his story. They are irrelevant to what i am asking gary.

Op can enjoy his bait and you guys can enjoy the courtesy dance, i didn't respond to partake in that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
We can't comment on specific players or instances that have happened previously. The accounts team does however look into accusations of scamming. My post was made in regards to people wanting to know if they or other people can get banned if they engage in scamming.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Players can be and have been permanently banned from the game in the past for scamming.

The teenager in me wants to say 'rekt'.
Gary your a forum mod or a developer?

Again i'm not salty if i am going to get banned - as it stands right now its day 4 of the lock and I have no info to work off.

I'm glad you confirmed scammers have been banned in the past - can you also confirm scammers have had there name changed?

Again just looking for answers.

Day 4 still a lack of info from support an still not banned just locked out.If it were a case of permaban for scamming all the info support and investigations need to make a decision is right there in the links an my ownership of the issue in mails to support.The time taken to make a decision tells me this is not the case.

Who knows it has been very educational though.

Perhaps this gives clarity to the is scamming allowed rule in POE or perhaps it just promotes a don't get caught mentality.

I asked you a straight question in the other thread and i'll ask again.

Is scamming allowed?
Last edited by Accountlocked on Mar 20, 2016, 9:20:16 PM
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
We can't comment on specific players or instances that have happened previously. The accounts team does however look into accusations of scamming. My post was made in regards to people wanting to know if they or other people can get banned if they engage in scamming.

This is a bit of a ridiculous reply to be honest. If you can get banned for something, whether it's scamming or not, it needs to be absolutely clear exactly what actions get you banned.

Just a chance of maybe being banned for some scams and not others, that's shady as all hell.

A really comprehensive list would be greatly appreciated and in fact necessary imo.
"
Shmez wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

This is a bit of a ridiculous reply to be honest. If you can get banned for something, whether it's scamming or not, it needs to be absolutely clear exactly what actions get you banned.

Just a chance of maybe being banned for some scams and not others, that's shady as all hell.

A really comprehensive list would be greatly appreciated and in fact necessary imo.

ye, while i do like the vague answer from gary (no1 knows if he gets banned for his scam or not, so you better not try in the first place) i do not agree that they actively help known scammers by actions they (GGG) take.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

While i appreciate a swift response, i am bound to call out bullshit just as fast.

Upholding the same approach to scammers as you do to hackers and third party users is stupid. Further more the precedence GGG has already put forth by actively promoting account name swapping of known scammers and actively helping them remain under the radar is dubious at best with a response like this.

I understand your position, so i guess it's best to not inquire any further as to not push you in this spot.

Apology's Gary, it was selfish to ask.

If GGG desires to uphold the public view of a rogue/hardcore game at it's core it's clearly beneficial to allow scamming and all activity's that come with it.

Arbitrarily attacking people who utilize these methods undermines this in it's entirety.

So we can only assume GGG has not yet decided which direction they wish to move forward to since they are unwilling to guide their community by formulating a moral code of conduct.

Allowing one shade of grey seems fickle at best to me.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
ye, while i do like the vague answer from gary (no1 knows if he gets banned for his scam or not, so you better not try in the first place) i do not agree that they actively help known scammers by actions they (GGG) take.

Dude look at any other countless case of scamming and people getting name changes to escape the witchhunt.

I did research before i set up my scheme and it looked fair game to me.

My account is still on lock/not banned.Support still hesitant to explain why.

I'm a big boy GGG if your gonna permaban me I promise I won't cry or cause a fuss,at this point I more interested in how you will justify it and name changing of peoples accounts in other cases of scamming.

Seems extremely open to mis-interpretation.
Last edited by Accountlocked on Mar 20, 2016, 9:42:19 PM
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

We need to know what counts as scamming though. I made a couple of nice deals™ this league, some people would call that scamming. We need clear rules here.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Overselling isn't scamming brother in my book.

Cardio has introduced the good old trust trade.

Is it scamming to use trade window and accept a deal when the other guy has nothing in other window but a mere promise you are getting something later. Yes.

Is it allowed - no one knows.Once this matter has come to fruition at least we will have some closure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info