[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

"
oraclea wrote:
Hi, thanks for your kind advice.
I am running the race quite well with some improvements as you said.
Crit chance is raised to 87% with the improvement of amulet and quiver.
And after i got a success in getting +1 power charge bow, crit chance is just capped.

Also, I decided to use quill rain instead of lioneye's avalanche because it's too tight to get both attack speed and projectile speed from quiver and jewel. Though it needs some more nods, getting accuracy was much cheeper than attack speed & projectile speed. It decreases the max hp a little, gives tons of tankiness with life 5.5k still. And I'm happy with its insane clear-speed and stability. Bosses die in 5 sec XD

Lioneye's Glare optimization can be hard in a 2-week league yes, though I strongly recommend it for running t13+ maps. It is too reliable casting on every blast rain fall.

I probably would recommend quill rain as a stepping stone, since its attack speed surpasses the proc rate anyway.

Glad you are enjoying the build mate, if you have a video capture setup in your computer, some footage would be most welcome, spread the knowledge! :)
I know this build is physical damage based but the tree and gear don't seem too restrictive of that so I am curious your thoughts on an EE version of this build.
"
GermPP wrote:
I know this build is physical damage based but the tree and gear don't seem too restrictive of that so I am curious your thoughts on an EE version of this build.

How do you plan to proc EE? By Arc?

The damage that bladefall and glacial cascade deals are staged, which means after the first stage of damage, elemental equilibrium will result in lower damage against cold resistant monster for the later stages. 1 pre-hit of arc won't solve that problem.

Furthermore, the build does insane damage anyway, why push for elemental equilibrium? What is the idea you are aiming for?

Will you use pure elemental spells instead?
"
Mothren wrote:
"
GermPP wrote:

How do you plan to proc EE? By Arc?

The damage that bladefall and glacial cascade deals are staged, which means after the first stage of damage, elemental equilibrium will result in lower damage against cold resistant monster for the later stages. 1 pre-hit of arc won't solve that problem.

Furthermore, the build does insane damage anyway, why push for elemental equilibrium? What is the idea you are aiming for?

Will you use pure elemental spells instead?

The Blast Rain would proc EE no? and in that situation I would potentially use different spells such as the typical arc/arctic breath or something. Not sure if there would be an efficient way to scale it with elemental damage. The idea was basically that blast rain + lioneye's glare blast rain seems like a really good way to proc EE.
Blast Rain would proc EE yes.

However if you follow with bladefall or glacial cascade some of the waves will be wasted.

Even with arctic breath and other one-stage spells, if multiple of them are cast in quick succession, those will be wasted since blast rain and projectiles hit the targets in a delayed manner unlike a cyclone discharge setup.

Thirdly, I am not a fan of EE because in t12+ maps you can get map mods like 60-80% to monster cold resistance or other element resistance. The packs will still die due to insane damage, but bosses will have around 120% resistance to an element and 50% reduction from EE will bring the applied resistance down from 75% to 70% something.

That is pretty meh and that case is assuming perfect EE management.

Physical spells are almost always better. Not worth it to go EE for this build in my opinion. The damage is already insane.
Hi, i know the league is ending soon, but i was wondering if you could take a look at my gear as well? I feel like i'm in a good place, I'm sitting at 5k life with 55ish projectile speed. I'm still missing +1 power charges on my lioneye's but i got discouraged after 15 failed attempts, i'm also afraid of getting a low %attack speed lioneye's which might hurt my damage output in the long run. I'm looking to upgrade my gems to hit the 2.7 aps breakpoint and 70% projectile speed breakpoint, but i'm afraid i'll be "sidegrading" if i give up some of my gems that have Crit multiplier or physical damage with bows. Is it always better to go for the speed breakpoints instead? Also what maps do you think i SHOULD be capable of doing with my gear?
Will this build be updated for 2.3.0 (Prophecy)?
And will it be updated BEFORE June 3rd?`

Im planing if possible to use this build as my main build for Prophecy dou to my first character-failure, I see Perandus more like an "Learn-the-game-stepping-stone" and now want a build i could rely on and even carry people for Maps or Atziri for example.

- hate to be the one that has to rely on others for the help. but since Freezar pulse build was shit and even tried the occulist-freezar pulse, Well the second part with CI made it little more easier survive if i cared for my shield, anyway the DPS was cranky and hard...

So please Try??
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
"
Hi, i know the league is ending soon, but i was wondering if you could take a look at my gear as well? I feel like i'm in a good place, I'm sitting at 5k life with 55ish projectile speed. I'm still missing +1 power charges on my lioneye's but i got discouraged after 15 failed attempts, i'm also afraid of getting a low %attack speed lioneye's which might hurt my damage output in the long run. I'm looking to upgrade my gems to hit the 2.7 aps breakpoint and 70% projectile speed breakpoint, but i'm afraid i'll be "sidegrading" if i give up some of my gems that have Crit multiplier or physical damage with bows. Is it always better to go for the speed breakpoints instead? Also what maps do you think i SHOULD be capable of doing with my gear?

Hello there,

I have checked your gear and passive tree. I think you have a good all around tree and gear.
For your next points I recommend you take the jewel slot below melding.

For your next item upgrade you should get a better amulet which doesn't have accuracy.

Your quiver is very good, thats the best budget quiver one can get.

I think reaching 55% ish projectile speed is just fine. As far as APS goes, I played with 2.61 APS for a very long time myself. Doesn't matter much. 2.7 APS and 70 proj speed is a little bit more agile.

Your gear and 5k hp seems suitable for t12 maps. If you roll extra elemental damage mods + -max res on a t12 or t13+ map though, you might get one shot, so I don't recommend those until you get at least 5.5k hp and learn to play defensively with mirror arrowing rooms that you cannot see, escaping quickly from danger via blinking and so on.

You can do anything below t12 with any kind of mods with that gear. And you won't die.
T12 and T13s with your level of gear is by no means undoable, but if you die in every 10 maps, it is a waste :) You should not die more than 1-2 times every level until 95.

Another thing, I would recommend running blasphemy warlords + hatred for higher maps for the safety and damage.

"
Will this build be updated for 2.3.0 (Prophecy)?
And will it be updated BEFORE June 3rd?

This is the only build guide I own that I take very seriously.

If somehow a cast on critical strike nerf doesn't decimate the build for 2.3, I will update the trees and the guide. If a nerf decimates it, I will try to figure out a way around that, but if I cannot, I will update the guide accordingly.

In my opinion, if the build doesn't get nerfed it will be able to do contents like uber lab pretty easy due to the fact that it both has good mobility (offhand whirling blades + a fast blink arrow) and 1 million+ single target dps.

We will see though, the nerfs and balance changes will decide.

On another note, I feel your pain. My first build was a duelist cycloner with bringer of rain. It cleared until 76 maps just fine, but the AoE was so horrible I was clearing every map in 15 minutes.

People generally claim very highly about their builds and as a result new learners fail doing their builds.

In general I would pay attention to the itemization of the builds you inspect. Some builds have very powerful jewelry and items and clear 50-60% slower without those. Some builds have decent map clearspeed but suck at bosses causing you to skip the boss and hence miss on maps, or die trying to kill the boss.

I hope we all get to play the build with 2.3 :)
Loving the build so far.. Playing with a bunch of different stuff to get a feel for different combinations.. Have several empty gem slots to fill and i cant wait to see how it goes when I get them filled..

This is what I have so far, anything you think I should focus on improving first? i know i need a new neck for sure..

Spoiler
"
Mothren wrote:
"

Hello there,

I have checked your gear and passive tree. I think you have a good all around tree and gear.
For your next points I recommend you take the jewel slot below melding.

For your next item upgrade you should get a better amulet which doesn't have accuracy.

Your quiver is very good, thats the best budget quiver one can get.

I think reaching 55% ish projectile speed is just fine. As far as APS goes, I played with 2.61 APS for a very long time myself. Doesn't matter much. 2.7 APS and 70 proj speed is a little bit more agile.

Your gear and 5k hp seems suitable for t12 maps. If you roll extra elemental damage mods + -max res on a t12 or t13+ map though, you might get one shot, so I don't recommend those until you get at least 5.5k hp and learn to play defensively with mirror arrowing rooms that you cannot see, escaping quickly from danger via blinking and so on.

You can do anything below t12 with any kind of mods with that gear. And you won't die.
T12 and T13s with your level of gear is by no means undoable, but if you die in every 10 maps, it is a waste :) You should not die more than 1-2 times every level until 95.

Another thing, I would recommend running blasphemy warlords + hatred for higher maps for the safety and damage.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I really appreciate the time you take you answer questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info