[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

For talents wouldnt you want to go to deadly infusion faster, as that is the most massive increase to crit chance. So the order would be switched to

1. unstable infusion
2. deadly infusion

Then either of the following

3. Ambush
4. Assasinate

or

3. Noxious Strike
4. Toxic Delivery

My thoughts are the first choice is more dps oriented, get the 100% crit to full life enemies, which is good to proc coc, might decrease the waiting time with lower crit chance while leveling. The culling strike and more crit chane and increased damange for low life monsters is really strong. Going Noxious and Toxic might be better for single target dps and survivability as you can maim and slow down. But need a good way to poison enemies as well.
"
Xirgu wrote:
never played a cast on crit build, wondering since volta is getting nerfed would it be possible to cast from a totem to avoid reflect? totems can have pretty decent crit chances..

Umm, this build can run single reflect monsters and reflect maps just fine. No need for "other measures".

Furthermore, you cannot cast on critical strike from a totem.
"

Now you also POISON + BLEED, your enemies ONTOP off your Ignite, Freeze effects

Yes, the changes to the ascendancies look like a huge buff.
You proc bleed via blast rain (you hit on average 12.8 times per second, so that is 100% bleed uptime).

You then can poison 40% of the time both with your attacks and your spells, where spells are staged meaning the chance to poison is close to 40% statistically due to larger sample size.

And finally you have the maim bonus, as if we did not knock enemies back already.

Poisoning 40% of the time with 100% more poison effectiveness means that we get a 16%*(increased physical/chaos/damage modifiers) damage boost.
Plus the toxic delivery now gives 20% of physical damage added as chaos.

I think this will be overall a 40-50% buff to our already insane damage. 2.5-3 million dps easily achievable.

However, we still don't know if cast on crit will be nerfed or not with the patch.
"
morinr wrote:
My thoughts are the first choice is more dps oriented, get the 100% crit to full life enemies, which is good to proc coc, might decrease the waiting time with lower crit chance while leveling.

Yes, when you first get the 5th and 6th ascendancy points, 100% more crit on full life might be an option. However I don't think that either of those nodes are useful for the build as you reach level 80 or so.

Pretty much useless. We don't need culling strike, once we start dpsing the bosses, they cannot touch us due to knockback and they die in under 4 seconds anyway. Culling strike won't do much there.

In other points you mentioned, you are right though.

1 - unstable infusion
2 - deadly infusion
3 - noxious strike (maybe ambush before respec to noxious + toxic with the completion of uber lab)
4 - toxic delivery

seems the way to go.
This build will blow up my computer? I'm thinking to put it on my shadow but i'm afraid to fuck the shit up with so many skills on the screen
"
xxKillerZ wrote:
This build will blow up my computer? I'm thinking to put it on my shadow but i'm afraid to fuck the shit up with so many skills on the screen

Can you give me what your computer specification is?

For reference, I have ran this build without issues in 2 pcs:

One has i5 3570k processor, 670 GTX graphics card and an SSD hard disk. Built on 2012.

One has i5 4590 processor, r9 280x graphics card and an SSD hard disk. Built on 2014.

Though these are a bit powerful considering path of exile :)
Can the same blast rain proc bleed poison and maim on the different hits?

Also, why not double bladefall instead of bladefall and gc?
Last edited by gundorf on May 31, 2016, 3:25:25 PM
"
gundorf wrote:
Can the same blast rain proc bleed poison and maim on the different hits?

Also, why not double bladefall instead of bladefall and gc?

Blast rain should be able to do so.

Cast on critical strike has a cooldown for each spell. If you get double bladefall and one of them procs, you waste the other gem slot.

Slotting double bladefalls give you 85% chance to cast on critical strike bladefall instead of 70%. And that's only one bladefall.

By socketing bladefall and glacial cascade you get 70% chance to cast bladefall and 70% chance to cast glacial cascade.
Last edited by Mothren on May 31, 2016, 5:12:46 PM
Low budget notebook. I5-5200U, intel HD 5500 and 4gb ram. Playing a Spectral throw build without lags, planning to put this build or another CoC after the reset but i'm feared of this fucking me with frame drops. BTW, this is the best CoC build for a 3ex budget so far? I'm in doubt of choosing this or the TankyTwirl (CoC cyclone with bladefall and EK)
Forgot to ask one more thing, can i use barrage instead of blast rain? What are the pros and cons?
nice build
Pity that deadly infusion nerfed in 2.3, no longer add base crit
Only way to proc efficiently now is Windripper + accuracy on rings / amulet?
Your laptop seems to be barely able to handle it. Maybe it will be good with performance improvements.

Any kind of melee cast on crit with your pc means you will die a lot to screen freezes since you jump into packs.

For your other question, I have listed pros and cons of barrage vs blast rain both on the first post and on several posts throughout the thread, you can quickly ctrl-f each page for "barrage".

"
30silvercoins wrote:
nice build
Pity that deadly infusion nerfed in 2.3, no longer add base crit
Only way to proc efficiently now is Windripper + accuracy on rings / amulet?

Where did you learn this information? I have checked reddit, forums and did a quick search, but it still seems not nerfed.

If you are an alpha supporter or something and get the news a bit before other people, can you share at least where you obtained your info from?

If it is nerfed by the way, the way to go seems to be windripper + increased critical strikes gem yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info