[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

"
FoggyNights wrote:
Loving the build so far.. Playing with a bunch of different stuff to get a feel for different combinations.. Have several empty gem slots to fill and i cant wait to see how it goes when I get them filled..

This is what I have so far, anything you think I should focus on improving first? i know i need a new neck for sure..

Spoiler

Amulet, yeah, try to find one with global crit multi + life + global critical strike chance.

You can craft the crit chance or multiplier if the amulet has an open suffix slot, for example I did that with my amulet:

Next, get 2 diamond rings and drop rat's nest helm for a life and (tri-res or duo-res + strength) rare helmet.
Maligaro Gloves are fine, they can stay.

Get good jewels if you can. Your quiver might be upgradeable to a better one for 2-3 chaos I think but its fine as it is, focus on it later.

You can consider dropping blood dance for another pair of boots, but if you like the frenzy charges for now you can let it stay. However when your life pool starts to become a downside, you should grab a life + str + duo res + 30 movement speed rare boots. Try to enchant them with 0.5% of damage leeched as mana and life if you have killed recently. It is a huge quality of life boost.

Edit: Try to grab overcharge node as soon as possible (power charge at templar). You can drop flask effectiveness nodes above witch to reach there sooner.
Last edited by Mothren on May 25, 2016, 2:32:56 PM
I was wondering why you prefer blast rain to barrage? I am torn between them, one you have a delay and other less procs possibly.

For blast rain, do you have extra chances if your one blast hits multiple monsters?

Thanks for great guide, will probably be my first build next league!
Spoiler
"
Mothren wrote:
"
FoggyNights wrote:
Loving the build so far.. Playing with a bunch of different stuff to get a feel for different combinations.. Have several empty gem slots to fill and i cant wait to see how it goes when I get them filled..

This is what I have so far, anything you think I should focus on improving first? i know i need a new neck for sure..

Spoiler

Amulet, yeah, try to find one with global crit multi + life + global critical strike chance.

You can craft the crit chance or multiplier if the amulet has an open suffix slot, for example I did that with my amulet:

Next, get 2 diamond rings and drop rat's nest helm for a life and (tri-res or duo-res + strength) rare helmet.
Maligaro Gloves are fine, they can stay.

Get good jewels if you can. Your quiver might be upgradeable to a better one for 2-3 chaos I think but its fine as it is, focus on it later.

You can consider dropping blood dance for another pair of boots, but if you like the frenzy charges for now you can let it stay. However when your life pool starts to become a downside, you should grab a life + str + duo res + 30 movement speed rare boots. Try to enchant them with 0.5% of damage leeched as mana and life if you have killed recently. It is a huge quality of life boost.

Edit: Try to grab overcharge node as soon as possible (power charge at templar). You can drop flask effectiveness nodes above witch to reach there sooner.

Thanks for such a detailed reply!!
Last edited by FoggyNights on May 26, 2016, 2:22:15 AM
Hey, i would like to try out the Build in Prophecy, have you ever tried to use a lightning coil as chest? Would it be a good option or is a larger lifepool a better choice in that case?
"
morinr wrote:
I was wondering why you prefer blast rain to barrage? I am torn between them, one you have a delay and other less procs possibly.

For blast rain, do you have extra chances if your one blast hits multiple monsters?

Blast Rain has extra chance for cast on crit for blasts hitting multiple monsters yes.

Played both bow and wand barrage coc and they can never reach the single target dps of blast rain. Blast rain has 80 ms delay between blasts which makes it perfect on not wasting any procs like randomly spread barrage projectiles.

Just remember, you can do 1 gem swap and play whichever you like. Don't need more than level 1 barrage.

Next league shows buffs for the build if you can somehow incorporate poison into it. It might even be worth it to play a physical tornado shot build with the lioneye's glare lol.

You can start with quill rain at the start of a league and then transition into lioneye's glare +1 power charge when you have enough projectile speed from quiver + jewels.

Patch disclosures look good so far, let's see what the detailed patch notes will show.
"
Mothren wrote:
"
morinr wrote:

Blast Rain has extra chance for cast on crit for blasts hitting multiple monsters yes.

Played both bow and wand barrage coc and they can never reach the single target dps of blast rain. Blast rain has 80 ms delay between blasts which makes it perfect on not wasting any procs like randomly spread barrage projectiles.

Just remember, you can do 1 gem swap and play whichever you like. Don't need more than level 1 barrage.

Next league shows buffs for the build if you can somehow incorporate poison into it. It might even be worth it to play a physical tornado shot build with the lioneye's glare lol.

You can start with quill rain at the start of a league and then transition into lioneye's glare +1 power charge when you have enough projectile speed from quiver + jewels.

Patch disclosures look good so far, let's see what the detailed patch notes will show.

Ya its going to be crazy, I think I might do that. I will try blast rain, enjoyed barrage, but was a pain for single target dps. That is what most coc builds are lacking in my opinion. This one seems to help with that, still not amazing but you can shit on atziri. So that is what I will try!

Cheers for build, any ascendancy thoughts for the 8 points? Going assassinate for culling strike would be really strong. But having poison and maim could be pretty strong. Personally I think culling strike would be better... but no idea really
never played a cast on crit build, wondering since volta is getting nerfed would it be possible to cast from a totem to avoid reflect? totems can have pretty decent crit chances..
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
Xirgu wrote:
never played a cast on crit build, wondering since volta is getting nerfed would it be possible to cast from a totem to avoid reflect? totems can have pretty decent crit chances..

Well you could, but for 1 this build doenst use volta. If you do go ranged attack totem, the crit and dmg is based upon your bow. I also dunno how COC interacts with a totem.
"Current 2.2 Guide Ascendancy recommendations"
Ascendancy Keystones (In Leveling Order):
Unstable Infusion (Power Charge Sustain),
Deadly Infusion (Build Enabler),
Toxic Delivery (DPS + Leech Boost + Defensive Help against DoT)

Now after abit of investigation and checking i noticed that some
Small changes has been done to the shadows Ascendancy tree.
Mostly noticable is the Swap between TOXIC DELIVERY and NOXIOUS STRIKE
They have swapped location with each other and also got a noticable buff!

So as i belive it will be in the next 2.3 Prophecy league
This is what most likely be focus on if im not wrong.
1. Noxious Strike
2. Toxic Delivery
3. Unstable Infusion
4. Deadly Infusion

Bonus to Noxious Delivery is 100% more damage from critical on enemies
by Poison and Bleed, And Increased duration from killed recently maimed target.
- So by adding this means pritty much this

"Now you also POISON + BLEED, your enemies ONTOP off your Ignite, Freeze effects"

Sweet isnt it?
- Please confirm this "Build Master: Mothren"

Edit: Corrected "order" of 2.3 Talent suggestion
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
Last edited by SevenSinsOfHell on May 29, 2016, 4:50:39 AM
Effective Proc on CoC "AoE" TRASH-packs.
my List of good skills to proc your CoC
- List based on "buy-a-ble" Gems for shadow.

AoE:
1. Split Arrow - Fires 6 arrows infront of you in a 80* Angle
Causing multiply Procs on a wider area! - Perfect for those Huge Areas!

2. Tornado Shot - (single-hit) = Splittarrows +3 monsters.
Prime arrow + Secondary Arrows can proc CoC!!
-Bonus you can just aim on ground and any splitt arrrow
that hits enemies you (dont see) proc your devastations.

3. Lightning Arrow - (with the Tree +Aura Effect)
This become really strong at 61+ (1 hits = 6monsters)
- Causes Small Lightning storm on impact location

- I have played around for a few hours with each ability
and i dont find Barrage anywhere near as good as this others.
especilly since its cannot be properly controled as others can
Those whos the shyest are normaly the strongest, when time demands it they will step up and save the people from the end.
- The blindest are those who think they above others and tries to control it.
Last edited by SevenSinsOfHell on May 30, 2016, 2:31:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info