[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

Due to having a Ph.D. thesis proposal I have tomorrow I'll quickly reply to the questions, will try to make them detailed later.

For reflect maps, see my previous posts on physToLightning + blackgleam.

For single reflect mobs, you seem to die due to low hp and having no cwdt immortal call increased duration setup. Also you have EK too, which is another quick and single hit spell, whereas bladefall/glacial cascade is staged and you can leech back when you hit yourself. Perhaps try cwdt immortal call and if that doesn't work, drop EK for controlled destruction.

I NEVER died to reflect on this character. Not once. Its doable with the right setup even though you forget pressing atziri's promise.
I will implement CWDT today, and swap EK to controlled destruction.
Thx for the advice, and good luck on on your thesis :)
Hello, Im running ur build on 2week race.
I found it quite nice build with fast clearing speed. I really like this build.
And there are some questions about this build.

1) I cannot raise my crit chance up to 78% with full-charged.
That might be because I have no +1 charge bow. Is it normal? Or have i missed something?
My gear
Spoiler

skill
2) Delay of the blast rain is quite long, making dangerous especially on high tier map.
For solving this, Does buying lots of projectile-speed gems help?
As my crit chance is not capped just wrote in 1), I currently equipped maximum life+crit chance jewel.
And more for that is difficult in 2-week race.

3) I don't think this build can run every maps, though considering crazy damage mods map
cannot be run by the most of builds.
Curse immunity maps on high-tier map cannot allow us to leech, which gives huge problem in survival.
Also temp chain makes the delay of blast rain long, gives the same problem. how did you clear these maps?
ign:YeobaeK
Last edited by oraclea on May 11, 2016, 9:50:39 AM
"
oraclea wrote:
Hello, Im running ur build on 2week race.
I found it quite nice build with fast clearing speed. I really like this build.
And there are some questions about this build.

1) I cannot raise my crit chance up to 78% with full-charged.
That might be because I have no +1 charge bow. Is it normal? Or have i missed something?

2) Delay of the blast rain is quite long, making dangerous especially on high tier map.
For solving this, Does buying lots of projectile-speed gems help?
As my crit chance is not capped just wrote in 1), I currently equipped maximum life+crit chance jewel.
And more for that is difficult in 2-week race.

3) I don't think this build can run every maps, though considering crazy damage mods map
cannot be run by the most of builds.
Curse immunity maps on high-tier map cannot allow us to leech, which gives huge problem in survival.
Also temp chain makes the delay of blast rain long, gives the same problem. how did you clear these maps?

1.) 78% seems a bit low, +1 power charge will only differ between 89% and 95%. You have like 100% increased critical chance missing from the gear/jewels. Try to go over 85% since it makes a big difference. (Your CoC gem is also not 20% quality which also gives 20% crit chance.)

2.) Get a 40% proj speed crit chance life quiver and craft crit multi on it. Get 2 6-7% proj speed jewels or go to the 20% arrow speed node to the right of heart seeker. You'll notice the big difference.

3.) With all due respect, your gear is the definition of budget, you have 78% crit chance and you have absolutely no projectile speed in tree almost.

No belly of the beast for high life, only 3 jewel slots too.

People have made the build work even in hardcore, the build needs a little tweaking of course to run t14 maps. With my gear I have 70% proj speed, 6k life and level 19/20 gems in a 6link along with a +1 power charge corrupted lioneye's. Also have 502%+ crit multi + shadows and dust which all are substantial improvements.

4.) For temp chains maps I recommend running a silver flask for onslaught uptime. Curse immune maps need careful use of atziri's promise or double atziri's promise flasks.

First, try to do the improvements I suggested, then you'll see that there's a big difference. Also don't be shy to use blink and mirror arrow in hard maps, they provide great utility.

Blink arrow - mirror arrow - faster projectiles - faster attacks.

Build absolutely wrecks stuff when you have close to 2.7 attack speed and 70% proj speed. That is the effective breakpoint for blast rain.
Last edited by Mothren on May 11, 2016, 1:57:46 PM
Now that I've changed to the immortal call links (Too lazy before), elemental reflect isn't that big of a problem, unless mobs are outside the curse range, which can hurt quite a bit. Physical reflect with phys-to-lightning and blackgleam is just a breeze though.

Still, I feel like I'm lacking some damage - I changed my rat's nest for a rare helm to get my resists up which made my crit chance drop quite a bit. Probably going to get shadows and dust tomorrow (going to work on that resists yet again, then...) which will help with that again, hoping to get the rest with some jewels.

What's a good target to shoot for in terms of overall projectile speed?

Thanks for the build, by the way. Having a blast...rain.
All right! Ph.D. proposal done :)

Fetus, can't look at your gear setup for recommendations, your characters tab is private :)

But for running elemental reflect, I generally use:
Blast Rain - CoC - Bladefall - Conc - Increased AoE - Controlled Destruction for 3G3B chest armour.

I also turn off hatred and put on haste. Problems all solved. Glacial Cascade has 67% cold damage so still might be risky for 15-18% reflect maps. Clearspeed is still very nice.

For phys reflect maps, you have done it, blackgleam + phys to lightning.

I will include in the guide the optimal APS and Proj speed based on the responses I got from Mark and my tests, but for now, with the helm enchant they seem to be:

50-80% ish projectile speed
2.71 APS maximum.

Without helm enchant:
3.44 APS maximum.
Sorry about the character tab - fixed that now :-)

And congrats ont he Ph.D. proposal!
"
Fetus wrote:
Sorry about the character tab - fixed that now :-)

And congrats ont he Ph.D. proposal!

Quickly checked your tree, nothing wrong, you are on the right track. At this level you should be doing tier 7 maps or so I guess.

Be sure to grab some jewel nodes and to improve life on gear. You'll be just fine. Expect to cruise control t12 maps by level 87+
I ran some T10 - T11 maps, and its awesome. Mobs die easily, and fast.
Only thing you have to look out is the Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers.

I did some experimenting, and for 5th and 6th link I use Empower lvl 3 and Ice spear, and I love it. Sometimes I swap Ice spear to increased rarity.

Its my favourite build by far, I can tell :)
So thanks again, and keep up the good work.
i've been trying to do this build for a bit now as i had most of the items available, but there is still one thing that perplexes me and complete eludes me.

In your imgur pictures your damage is much much higher then anything i can attain. I dont know what i am personally missing in my build, its going over my head im sure. Your evasion is also upwards of 40% and mine is 17%; given i am missing phase acrobatics/acrobatics and the general evasion nodes in that area.

I just hit lv 89 on this character, and my damage is no where near what you have in your imgur pictures. The picture in your imgur link; the first one showing your blast rain trigger, your damage is upwards of 7000. My damage, unbuffed for blast rain alone, is 1521. Let alone my other attacks are no where near what you have.

I love this build and you've done a wonderful job on it, i would like this to be my first character to lv 100 and my first to beat Atziri and Uber Atziri, but i am just baffled as to what mistakes i am making :(

If you have any spare time to take a look at my character and give some of your professional insight id appreciate it, i dont know what i am lacking to get at least even REMOTELY close to your damage output.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info