[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

"
Nssheepster wrote:
Just noticing a few things.
One, if you're using Lioneye's Fall, it seems like you could also use it/use a second in the socket down by RT, get that whole node. Just for more Crit Chance and DPS, might allow a different class/ascendancy for the build.
Two, the knockback from the converted Staff node is nice, but seems much the same as King of The Hill, which you could also get, yes?
Three, I don't see a lot in the passive tree or gear that actually links to your specific skill, so this tree seems to work for any crit bow build?
Four, did you consider going no power charges, and getting crit in other fashions/places on the tree?
Five, did you consider another class/ascendancy?

1.) That node gives 70% crit chance only.
I have written in the guide that an AssZerker Scion is another option for the build. Though you lose 1 link to increased critical strikes gem since Lioneye's Glare bow only has 5% base crit chance.

On the other hand, Assassin gives too much quality of life + massive critical strike multiplier + phys damage added as chaos + power charge generation. Other classes only mean you gimp the build.

2.) Knockback is the same with king of the hill, but king of the hill is very far away from the nodes (like 5 points + 3 points for it) and the Lioneye's Fall cluster gives GLOBAL critical strike chance and multiplier, which is very valuable for achieving the damage numbers the build does. King of the hill just gives 100% bow crit chance, whereas the cluster gives 50% crit chance with bows, 80% global crit chance and 45% to global crit multi.

3.) Yes, if you swap in a voltaxic or a quill rain or any other bow in fact, the build can still work, though I would recommend getting some accuracy nodes and accuracy gear.

4.) I didn't because I somehow need to get the base crit chance of Lioneye's Glare/Bladefall/Glacial Cascade to 9% instead of 5% so I can cap them at only 850% increased crit chance instead of unviable amounts of crit. To get those numbers, other builds use rat's nest, maligaros and an increased critical strikes gem. My build has 6k+ HP easy, has overcapped resists so you can run tier 15 ele weakness maps.

5.) See answer to 1.
Last edited by Mothren on May 8, 2016, 5:18:53 PM
dude, really like this build.

trying this in 2 weeks.

have a quick question here, would you consider Snakebite as a replacement for facebreaker?

losing 90% multiplier and we need blood rage, but gained poison (which we dont waste 25% dot)

"
RZnoob wrote:
dude, really like this build.

trying this in 2 weeks.

have a quick question here, would you consider Snakebite as a replacement for facebreaker?

losing 90% multiplier and we need blood rage, but gained poison (which we dont waste 25% dot)

Snakebite unfortunately only applies poison on attacks. In Cast on Crit, we only use Blast Rain to trigger spells, which don't get the poison benefit. So those gloves are basically almost useless.

Facebreaker or Shadows and Dust or Atziri's Acuity is BiS for the build.

Also, I updated the guide with the information on Ascendancy Nodes. Its right above the bandits info.
hi i die in t10 pls help
"
Jesper23 wrote:
hi i die in t10 pls help

Hi, checked your tree, everything seems more or less ok.
Since you are going block, your HP is going to be lower it seems in general, so grab a Rumi's Concoction flask and press it before each pack of monsters in the maps.

A problem with your gear is, you have TOO MUCH critical strike chance.
1.) drop increased critical strikes gem. Put in controlled destruction instead.
2.) drop increased area of effect gem. Put in arc instead.
3.) drop rat's nest, buy a helmet with decent life + strength + resists perhaps.

Put in a 2-link somewhere in your gear, 2 blue sockets, which should have orb of storms - power charge on critical strike.

Before you have power charges, you don't gain critical strike chance, so you put orb of storms down whenever your charges are zero or their duration is close to expire.

With these changes, you can do t10s easy, even though your bladefall and glacial cascade gems are level 16. For t12 maps I would recommend at least level 18 bladefall and glacial cascade.

Be sure to grab life from jewels and nodes from now on by the way.

Edit: This is the level 90 tree I recommend for you, going forward with your build.

Edit 2: Run Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark and Hatred as your auras. Have 1 jewel with +2 Mana gain on hit. Have 2 jewels with projectile speed, for smoother gameplay. Have %increased maximum life on all jewels if you are able to (since you have pretty good gear, I assume you can).
Last edited by Mothren on May 10, 2016, 4:50:26 AM
ty so much for help
the flask helped so much :D
"
Mothren wrote:
"
Jesper23 wrote:
hi i die in t10 pls help

Hi, checked your tree, everything seems more or less ok.
Since you are going block, your HP is going to be lower it seems in general, so grab a Rumi's Concoction flask and press it before each pack of monsters in the maps.

A problem with your gear is, you have TOO MUCH critical strike chance.
1.) drop increased critical strikes gem. Put in controlled destruction instead.
2.) drop increased area of effect gem. Put in arc instead.
3.) drop rat's nest, buy a helmet with decent life + strength + resists perhaps.

Put in a 2-link somewhere in your gear, 2 blue sockets, which should have orb of storms - power charge on critical strike.

Before you have power charges, you don't gain critical strike chance, so you put orb of storms down whenever your charges are zero or their duration is close to expire.

With these changes, you can do t10s easy, even though your bladefall and glacial cascade gems are level 16. For t12 maps I would recommend at least level 18 bladefall and glacial cascade.

Be sure to grab life from jewels and nodes from now on by the way.

Edit: This is the level 90 tree I recommend for you, going forward with your build.

Edit 2: Run Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark and Hatred as your auras. Have 1 jewel with +2 Mana gain on hit. Have 2 jewels with projectile speed, for smoother gameplay. Have %increased maximum life on all jewels if you are able to (since you have pretty good gear, I assume you can).

Oh boy - do me next! I keep dying to reflect - can't even dream about doing reflect maps.
Hi dude,

I checked your flasks, but I haven't seen a of heat flask. Should I assume this build won't be frozen and we dont need anti-frozen?

Thank you
Heeey man, awesome build. I love the damage, this thing is absolutely OP :D
However, I still die to phys reflect mobs. What do you recommend?
I was thinking running arctic armour maybe, and molten shell with the Cast on crit. Do you think it helps?

Skipping phys reflect maps is no problem, but when any other map spawns a reflect mob, I die almost instantly.
(Oh and btw I use Quill rain for the faster crit proc, and that 6link I just found yesterday.)

my gear:
Spoiler

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info