[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

why do get skill point on cruel instead of helping kraityn for attack speed? 8 ias is kinda better than most of the ias nodes
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on May 2, 2016, 3:42:04 PM
What about Blood Rage? Are we supposed to use it or not? The bonus attack speed and frenzy generation would be nice, but with no life regen, wouldn't the degen hit us too hard? I see you have the gem in the first set of gear you show but not on the second.
Hi, currently playing this build in PHC. If i were to use Kaom heart for survival, which gem should i remove?
"
jstq wrote:
why do get skill point on cruel instead of helping kraityn for attack speed? 8 ias is kinda better than most of the ias nodes

The build is pretty tight on points, if you get more attack speed, you will be getting more damage or something else from jewels. Each jewel the build uses has life % already. The extra points all go to life nodes until level 95 (After level 96, be my guest to respec via book of regret).

Hence, if you go kraityn in cruel, you will have 6% reduced life and either 2.84 attacks per second or 20% increased damage.

2.84 APS doesn't correspond to more procs per second, I am pretty sure the single target cap is around 9-9.5 casts per second.
20% increased damage on the other hand is more like 2% more damage in total.
I would take 6% life instead every time. The damage is crazy enough.
"
lussiano wrote:
What about Blood Rage? Are we supposed to use it or not? The bonus attack speed and frenzy generation would be nice, but with no life regen, wouldn't the degen hit us too hard? I see you have the gem in the first set of gear you show but not on the second.

I use it on easier maps or when mobs are crowded and I'm not walking around. It gives a nice frenzy charge and clearspeed boost. The degen, with the shadow 10% reduced damage taken from damage over time and the vaal pact leech from pacts and a life flask every 10 seconds or so, doesn't hurt.

However, don't forget that there is a second setup available to use for frenzy charges, and that is herald of ice/ice bite/curse on hit/warlord's mark. That also keeps frenzy charges up, but you have to rely more on atziri's promise flask for leeching.
"
yitshern1994 wrote:
Hi, currently playing this build in PHC. If i were to use Kaom heart for survival, which gem should i remove?

If you play 4-link: BR - CoC - Bladefall - Glacial Cascade
If you play 5-link: BR - CoC - Bladefall - Glacial Cascade - Controlled Destruction/(Swap to conc effect for bosses).
I like your build, may i ask why do you craft elemental damage with weapon on your quiver, does it only affect blast rain ? or do bladefall and glacial cascade both benefit from it ?
"
Brown14 wrote:
I like your build, may i ask why do you craft elemental damage with weapon on your quiver, does it only affect blast rain ? or do bladefall and glacial cascade both benefit from it ?

Well I bought it that way, previous owner had some use for it I guess. It does benefit blast rain only and there is not another prefix option to craft on the bow really, so I left it as it is.
Sorry, i still have 1 more thing to ask, you go for vaal pact but you dont use Life leech gem, only 0.4% life leech from tree and some on gear, is that enough ?
"
Brown14 wrote:
Sorry, i still have 1 more thing to ask, you go for vaal pact but you dont use Life leech gem, only 0.4% life leech from tree and some on gear, is that enough ?

We use warlord's mark linked with blasphemy for 2% life leech.
Also, Atziri's Promise has 2% chaos damage leeched as life.

Those are enough (for curse immune maps, the flask only is enough).
Just noticing a few things.
One, if you're using Lioneye's Fall, it seems like you could also use it/use a second in the socket down by RT, get that whole node. Just for more Crit Chance and DPS, might allow a different class/ascendancy for the build.
Two, the knockback from the converted Staff node is nice, but seems much the same as King of The Hill, which you could also get, yes?
Three, I don't see a lot in the passive tree or gear that actually links to your specific skill, so this tree seems to work for any crit bow build?
Four, did you consider going no power charges, and getting crit in other fashions/places on the tree?
Five, did you consider another class/ascendancy?

- Sheepster
hi what ascendancy points did you choose

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info