Petition to remove the traps

Totally agree with op, remove the traps. It make absolutely no sense to be able to link a spell to a trap while amplifying it, allowing it to double dip and removing reflect making self cast irrelevant. Did I mentioned it shotgun too ?

Ho wait... Are we are talking about the lab ? well...
Spoiler
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 17, 2016, 2:45:06 PM
People still think other people's aversion to the TrapLab has something to do with skill or ability. It doesn't. It definately has something to do with how far you would go to consider yourself "entertained" in a video game. The problem is that in the TrapLab "entertainment" is an accurate synonyme of "masochism".

And because i'm not one nor wish to be one you have a big frakking "BUMP" from me too.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on Jun 17, 2016, 2:54:41 PM
Just separate the lab and Ascendancy. Problem solved. Of course something that takes that long needs appropriate rewards - keep the enchants and loot. Then people that like the mechanics can enjoy them, and people that don't enjoy the mechanics don't feel crippled by not suffering through them.

#2cents
"
krunchor wrote:
as per the title, bump if you hate the traps

1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad
2. they add nothing of substance to the game
3. annoying as hell
4. tedious as hell
5. hard to see if you are low life build
6. just not fun to play, period
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game?

Honestly, lab is one of the least of the concerns that I have about this game.
Signed!
*bump

traps still sucking - like wtf why do they hit harder than 90% of the monsters

seriously ridiculous
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Keep the traps, but give Evasion a roll in mitigation.
A big signing from me.

I honestly think the traps can stay IF they are fundamentally reworked and not frogger style. Testing my 'wait', red-light/green-light, skills is just painfully boring. I made a build to slay stuff, not to die at lag.

Traps should be 2-way interactive. They should be a consequence of your action, or lack thereof. Not some cheesy mindless crap like it is now. I want a sense of caution and danger while figuring out a labyrinth, not frogger :( It's really sad how this is just a cheesy dungeon, not a labyrinth. Like many good ideas they have, they just completely miss the mark on one thing which completely ruins it.
Got back to POE after a long time and these are my thoughts:
1 - wtf is ascendancy?
2 - cool but now i have to do some stupid quest for it, great!
3 - oh its a labyrinth, interesting..
4 - traps, wtf are they doing with the game? is this tomb raider now?
5 - died, died again, and died again, and again...

I just dont get why this is being force on everybody, just leave the labyrinth for the masochists out there and unlock the ascendancy skill after Xlvl or something.

so, uninstalling the game. will be back in a year or so if this doesn't turn into mario world or something
"
Siochan wrote:
A big signing from me.

I honestly think the traps can stay IF they are fundamentally reworked and not frogger style. Testing my 'wait', red-light/green-light, skills is just painfully boring. I made a build to slay stuff, not to die at lag.

Traps should be 2-way interactive. They should be a consequence of your action, or lack thereof. Not some cheesy mindless crap like it is now. I want a sense of caution and danger while figuring out a labyrinth, not frogger :( It's really sad how this is just a cheesy dungeon, not a labyrinth. Like many good ideas they have, they just completely miss the mark on one thing which completely ruins it.

Epic conclusion and unfortunately one that can't be dismissed.

"
sucemab wrote:
TLDR : no loot + no exp = not fun

Why a hack and slash is fun for me ?
Because I kill things to get loots and EXP. So I can kill bigger things to get bigger loots and bigger EXP. This is the core mechanic of this kind of game.

Why a trap isn't fun for me ?
Because I can't kill it. So i don't get any loot or EXP which is boring in hack and slash.

The traps are killing the fun because of the % set damage and they are also in lots of instances more dangerous than monsters/Izaro - with the right build you can faceroll every monster in game, but God forbid to think that you would just use that trillion damage to permanently dispose of a trap. >.<

The fact that there are still technical problems and now you have a nice chance to lose a run it's not helping either when discussing Uber Lab.

The "cheesy dungeon" needs more real challenges - and everyone argues about the "speed meta" and that the game forfeited a better pace, but fails to see that we are actually encouraged to "cheese" the content via more movement speed/movement skills...

GGG simply missed the mark and we have neither a true Labyrinth, nor a better game experience (regarding hack and slash) due to new content "traps" added. They just made the boring process of leveling more boring and tedious and if you want to Ascend a larger number of characters, even the feeling that "GG, yes, I just finished the Uber Lab" won't stay for all those >50 different builds.

I'm all in for a rework of the trap mechanics and their placement - the traps should actually be more interactive an everywhere as they are nice content and would up the challenge - make some new ones specific for the tileset as wood spikes in the jungle, or dropping boulders in caves, but please make them destructible also and scale their difficulty up to true deadly if they are to become a core part of the game - they should get to "one shot" you like monsters do...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info