as per the title, bump if you hate the traps

1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad
2. they add nothing of substance to the game
3. annoying as hell
4. tedious as hell
5. hard to see if you are low life build
6. just not fun to play, period
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game?
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Last edited by krunchor on Mar 6, 2016, 12:12:40 PM
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2016, 8:14:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
how do you bump except by replying?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
WTH would be the point of a labyrinth without Traps? The traps is what keeps the place interesting especially on old builds in standard that are already over lvl for the area.. The way they work with dealing a base % amount of damage means that even when running through on normal you can get destroyed on a lvl 90+ character.. Which after running it a few times now is a good thing otherwise i would be bored out of my mind trying to speed my way through with nothing doing anything to me. They deal the same amount of damage weather you have 10K life or 1K life.

The traps are not that bad really once you start to get used to them. And if you are a low life build then yes i would agree theres no way in hell your running that place without the light radius on ES node thats for damn sure. My Discharger run VP so a couple times i got on low life without an flask charges left and it was impossible to see the traps ahead. But it give a thrill to the area because of this.. if i fucked up i would have to start all over so there was an urgency there that otherwise would not be there if the traps and such did not exist.

One thing that place almost requires though is movement speed.. And lots of it. If you are running a build with no MS on your boots.. you dont stand a snowballs chance in hell. At te very least its going to be a shit ton more challenging to do that place without MS thats for damn site sure.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 5, 2016, 2:38:19 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
WTH would be the point of a labyrinth without Traps? The traps is what keeps the place interesting especially on old builds in standard that are already over lvl for the area.. The way they work with dealing a base % amount of damage means that even when running through on normal you can get destroyed on a lvl 90+ character.. Which after running it a few times now is a good thing otherwise i would be bored out of my mind trying to speed my way through with nothing doing anything to me. They deal the same amount of damage weather you have 10K life or 1K life.

great. another "traps are fun. dying is fun. starting over to slog through a half hour of backtrack is fun. l2p lol." post.

Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
Demonoz wrote:
WTH would be the point of a labyrinth without Traps?

If I were in charge of this update, I would have polled the community about adding traps.
I would also, have added new monsters and abilities and perhaps puzzles but not ever never ever traps.
Traps are the most boring thing in a game that you can add and claim it has value when it really does nothing but annoy the crap out of everyone.

TRUE FACT

"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

great. another "traps are fun. dying is fun. starting over to slog through a half hour of backtrack is fun. l2p lol." post.

No its called take your time and negotiate the traps. Its really not that hard.. I didnt die one single time BUT i sure hell had to start all the way over from the beginning 3 different times last night 2 of which i was near or about to do the 3rd fight and CRASH! Indeed this does suck... especially when it was a crash and of no fault of my own. But the place gives you access to your stash before all 3 fights so use that shit to your advantage.. Run nothing but the best life pots you can run in 3 slots and 2 QS flasks to keep you moving fast. And make sure you have some atleast decent MS on boots and you should be fine if you just take your time and watch what the traps are doing and get their patterns down and the pop a flask and MOVE! Quickly! another REALLY usful tip i can give you guys is use Whirling blade or Leap Slam to you advantage and make sure you have a fast weapon as well.. These skills allow you to not only go faster through the traps but if you time it right the traps do NOTHING. they deal no damage at all while in mid animation so use these things to your advantage.

You guys didn't play alot of old school platforming games from back in the day on Nintendo did you? Back when games were fucking relentless and showed the player NO fucking merci what so ever. games that really did take hours to get to the end of and if you died too many times are used too many continues.. you started back from the very beginning. HOURS of your life literately lsot for nothing.
IDK maybe because i grew up on games like that is why this measly Labyrinth sure as hell isnt going to break me. I got the Ninja Gaiden series under my belt. Especially the 3rd one i think it was where they started limiting continues.. that one was fucking ruthless.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 5, 2016, 2:51:05 PM
Click on Mystery Shrine and game crash... go again... not fun.
"
Protanos wrote:
Click on Mystery Shrine and game crash... go again... not fun.

that is one thing i noticed that i wasn't too crazy about... i noticed the darkshrines now can actually put negative shit out you in there and it last throughout the instance. i hit one that dropped all my res to 60-65% and gimped my overall defenses. Fuck that if thats the way it gonna work theres not really much point in me even messing with those things. to make matters worse the one i that give the negitive shit i had to sit there and solve this puzzle shit for about 5-10 mins to open the door to it.. only to get fucked over for my efforts.. Not too sure how to feel about that one.. But ill damn sure think twice before i invest into something like that for one of those shrines again. LOL

As for the crashes they pretty much settled down after last night i think. Unless ofcourse you still play on the DC server in which case i would advise going to the texas server if at all possible. Ive not had any issues with map crashes or random crashes at all since going to that server in the beginning of talisman. other than the 3 major crashes last night.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 5, 2016, 2:56:31 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

No its called take your time and negotiate the traps. Its really not that hard.. I didnt die one single time BUT i sure hell had to start all the way over from the beginning 3 different times last night 2 of which i was near or about to do the 3rd fight and CRASH! Indeed this does suck... especially when it was a crash and of no fault of my own. But the place gives you access to your stash before all 3 fights so use that shit to your advantage.. Run nothing but the best life pots you can run in 3 slots and 2 QS flasks to keep you moving fast. And make sure you have some atleast decent MS on boots and you should be fine if you just take your time and watch what the traps are doing and get their patterns down and the pop a flask and MOVE! Quickly! another REALLY usful tip i can give you guys is use Whirling blade or Leap Slam to you advantage and make sure you have a fast weapon as well.. These skills allow you to not only go faster through the traps but if you time it right the traps do NOTHING. they deal no damage at all while in mid animation so use these things to your advantage.

You guys didn't play alot of old school platforming games from back in the day on Nintendo did you? Back when games were fucking relentless and showed the player NO fucking merci what so ever. games that really did take hours to get to the end of and if you died too many times are used too many continues.. you started back from the very beginning. HOURS of your life literately lsot for nothing.
IDK maybe because i grew up on games like that is why this measly Labyrinth sure as hell isnt going to break me. I got the Ninja Gaiden series under my belt. Especially the 3rd one i think it was where they started limiting continues.. that one was fucking ruthless.

Problem is, most of us started playing aRPG's in the d1/d2 era. We never had to deal with puzzles like this in any of those games, so it just doesn't fit our idea of a good feature for an aRPG.
"
joachimbond wrote:
how do you bump except by replying?

most people type *bump*
TRUE FACT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info