Petition to remove the traps

After finally succeeding numerous times with various characters and builds on normal lab, I have to say it's been a revelation of sort for me.

I heavily dissed lab in my first comment to this thread, because back then the base game wasn't patched satisfactorily and kept crashing on certain builds, especially on my ED witch.
Now that's been long fixed and I ascended with many characters. BTW I recommend doing the lab on normal after you have reached merciless difficulty because you get more ascendancy points.

Also scion ascendancy seems harder (more traps) than others. Just an observation.

What else I have to say? Suck it up, like I did. Those points really worth it for most builds.

An example: My best char (lvl 90 "fire"EK Scion did 36,3 K damage on zero frenzy charges. Now with 3 frenzy charges, soon to be more she does 46,4K, almost 50K when using a sulphur flask.
That's 10K more damage than before, and it's going to be more later.

So I think it's worth the "suffering" in the lab.
"
krunchor wrote:
as per the title, bump if you hate the traps

1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad
2. they add nothing of substance to the game
3. annoying as hell
4. tedious as hell
5. hard to see if you are low life build
6. just not fun to play, period
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game?

So don't do the lab , I'm pretty sure there are tons of builds that will work without ascendancy .
#notsigned

Sorry not happening
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Support OP
"
krunchor wrote:
as per the title, bump if you hate the traps

1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad
2. they add nothing of substance to the game
3. annoying as hell
4. tedious as hell
5. hard to see if you are low life build
6. just not fun to play, period
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game?

1. Never happened to me. Anyway, you will die from lag in "normal" combat too, then.
2. They add lot of flavour to game for me.
3. You dont expect to faceroll the game, do you? Look where you step, that's all. Traps arent fatal.
4. Watch 3.
5. Use node to make your light radius based upon ES.
6. Fun to play for me.
7. It has nothing to do with traps, lol! It's Lab mechanics!
8. Well, GG could do so your toon stays in lab for ~5 min, and if you reconnect, you continus where you stoped (if you didnt died in that 5 min).
9. It could use some scaling, true. Still should be based upon your HP.
10. IDK, really.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
keeping hope alive everyone
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
I'm of the same mind as Demonoz from the beginning of the thread. The traps definitely ARE cancer at times, especially when you have long strings of traps and have to MOVE YOUR ASS to avoid them. Movement speed AND good resistance/life rolls on boots is a lot of RNG to depend on. But like he said, you can use Quicksilver flasks to compensate, and that's what I do to keep myself on the go. They do help a LOT.

And as for having you start over at the beginning, that takes me back to some of the old Nintendo games. (I might be old, but I still got a lot more moxie than you younguns think!) It's to challenge you to give the lab your all.

When it comes down to it, I think I'd rather keep the traps. They add an interesting element of danger to the lab, even when you're over-leveled.

Last edited by MimSiE on Dec 8, 2016, 10:38:27 AM
"
MimSiE wrote:
I'm of the same mind as Demonoz from the beginning of the thread. The traps definitely ARE cancer at times, especially when you have long strings of traps and have to MOVE YOUR ASS to avoid them. Movement speed AND good resistance/life rolls on boots is a lot of RNG to depend on. But like he said, you can use Quicksilver flasks to compensate, and that's what I do to keep myself on the go. They do help a LOT.

And as for having you start over at the beginning, that takes me back to some of the old Nintendo games. (I might be old, but I still got a lot more moxie than you younguns think!) It's to challenge you to give the lab your all.

When it comes down to it, I think I'd rather keep the traps. They add an interesting element of danger to the lab, even when you're over-leveled.

On the opposite side, I would like to see monsters dealing damage than traps do, as in Uber Trials/Lab the long sequences of traps are more dangerous than alot of the in game encounters.

I would also enjoy to destroy them, as it's not natural to do enormous amounts of damage and watch a goddamn saw blade rip you to shreds no matter what - it's an immersion breaking aspect.

Another way would be to have a lesser density of traps and monsters that are actively supported by them and it would improve the experience a lot - you can all manage în the last fight with Izaro, so you could also manage on the path towards him.

They should also stop the hardcore semblance via softcore, especially regarding Uber Lab, at least until they can guarantee that you'll never see a disconnect due to server or server-client problems... I get that they want to imprint a more difficult play style, but if us softcore players truly endulged that, we would be on hardcore - those 6 portals are actually protecting us versus disconnects too, they could also add any number of portals up to 6, with no potion recharge possibility or implement a few save points after each succesful encounter with Izaro...

Lastly, they should actually earn the name of the Labyrinth and make more intrincate designs with the pathing, and place accent on journey towards the goal and not on the goddamn cheese time, even introducing some specific small bonuses for those that fully clear and search every boulder, barrel or chest would help...

Until then, the Labyrinth should be done on a very over-leveled character, with full accent on movement speed because of the "meta", because that is the right way, no? And we were praising the game for "diversity"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Dec 8, 2016, 1:11:43 PM
"
krunchor wrote:
Still cannot do LAB with a lowlife character. The traps are too much.

I am starting to believe this is by design

have been trying to do NORMAL LAB since LAB release with my LL necro witch and cannot...the darkness simply does not let me see the traps to avoid or bypass.

I can get around traps with my shadow although uber lab traps still are very hard for him and only 20% success rate

just some tips:

- Arcane vision passive (light of divinity passive or loris lantern ring and such helps even more) helps with light radius (visibility)
- lighting warp / flame dash help much to avoid traps
- any kind of flat physical reductions (AA, endurance, basalt flask ...) help a lot too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info