Petition to remove the traps

"
krunchor wrote:
1. they add nothing of substance to the game

It's the only content that currently manages not to discriminate between character levels, or at least does so very little compared to basically anything else in the game.
"
krunchor wrote:
2. annoying as hell

Would you mind sharing with us what you consider makes them so annoying?
"
krunchor wrote:
3. tedious as hell

I think that their design makes them inherently need to be at least a little bit tedious because it is wanted that you spend a little bit of thought towards how you deal with them.
"
krunchor wrote:
4. hard to see if you are low life build

Would you mind sharing with us a little more about what makes them hard to see? Screenshots may prove to be useful.
"
krunchor wrote:
5. just not fun to play, period

I am currently a little mitigated about the expansion in general. Not sure whether it comes from traps themselves or something else. The bad point is that I have to do the labyrinth 3 times on each of my characters. The good point is that once that is done, I don't have to do so again if I don't want to.
"
krunchor wrote:
6. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
7. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?

While this sucks (I understand how incredibly frustrating this happening to you can be), this has nothing to do with the matter of traps themselves. I think it would be better to treat that issue seperately, with as much detail as you can, so that GGG can look into that issue with all the keys in hand (whether they are golden or not) and come up with solutions to that issue.
*Bump
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Where do I sign???
Don't need to remove traps, just adjust the damage.

And no, those traps, they don't deal just a set amount of damage. Ground spikes also stun you and apply a heavy bleeding DOT.

I can do Prince of Persia (The first DOS based one) and the rest of that series, Giana sisters, Supertux, Mario Bros. etc. blindfolded.

BUT this is madness. Dealing this much damage on normal? It's not normal. It's insane.

Why are the other 2 difficulty levels for then if the first one is this hard?

There is a reason why damage needs to scale with difficulty and not be the same on all levels.

Even those ruthless old games know that rule and applied it masterfully.

Then GGG goes again all reasons and does this.

BTW I have the the flasks, the movement speed, the patterns down and I still rip on normal with a level 90 char. The same char who can do T10 and T11 maps easily. To the hell with this shit!

I'm also an old (casual) player. Been playing since the closed beta back in 2012. In all those years playing the game I've never seen this kind of shit from GGG.
Then Awakening came out, then out of nothing all sorts of shenanigans started to happening. Patches was thrown from left and right and all over the place and it's still a bloody mess.

I ask you dear GGG? Where the F* this game is heading? Because by all the signs I can read, it can be the toilet.

Finally for all those out there claiming this is still fun and games: you're deluded. Bored when things don't do damage to you on normal difficulty? Then go play it on the next difficulty. I'm sure that by the time you hit merciless you would not be disappointed.
Things, monsters not doing any or minimal amounts of damage in normal difficulty is a given and expected result of players maxing out their resistances, life, gear etc. It's supposed to be like that.

Imagine the same situation in real life. A newbie, probie cop still learning the routine gets shot. Injured badly, recovers. Lesson learned, next time wear a west. After a few years he becomes a seasoned cop and the "routine is in his little finger". He wears the west, a fucking armor if needed (dumb I know, cops don't wear armor, I just want to illustrate how good he become since that first day). Next mission he gets killed from the same bullet despite everything he learned and all the protection? Not F*-ing possible. I don't see it happening. Yet that's what's happening to players in this game.
In top of all that the game is still crashing. Just something for you to know.

The traps are a great idea which do not need to be removed.

There are some issues with the lab (damage maybe, server issues, having to do every trial by every character in every difficulty), but IMO traps are cool. :)

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Mar 6, 2016, 2:42:38 PM
Sign this - Absolut!

Puzzles and Traps and such - is not the Content of a Hack'n'Slay Game !
Spoiler
Qvis contra nos ?
Last edited by Feins_ on Mar 6, 2016, 3:58:21 PM
Honestly the traps are fine like their not hard to dodge at all =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This thread must be a joke.
It would be much better if they removed the Labyrinth altogether.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info