Petition to remove the traps

*bump
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Wow! Perhaps a problems are more a people themselves. I agree with a person who mentioned old console games from a NES or so. Ruthless and no savepoints until Playstation and others came with they memorycards to save a games in a certain point.

My lowest health whati have try it from a few characters was melee with barely 1k life(no ES) and passed normal lab easily with a self found items. Molten strike Templar. Also a traps was not a biggest nightmare for my previous scion with around 660-680hp and only about 20ES. A worst was Izaro itself. ITs about coordinate your movements and also to STOP! to safespot, but if a person..(yeah i will call it) dumb enough to just run trough everything and keep fingers crossed for survive from it. A Blame is not a gaming enviroment or game.. its a player themselves.
There are so many things to avoid them or give a breath taking moment and let a life regen to fill up a health in a safespots in a middle of a traps or even a certain abilities lik leap, lightning warp. Just aim to a clean spot ...repeat not even single touch with a traps.
I also start it my first aRPG in D1, record of lodoss war etc.. its just a really bad excuse from a people.

..but what comes to a crashing. ITs totally differend story. Not sure what cause it because i have really bad gaming laptop(getting a age) and a game have not ''crash'' once with a PoE or DC and i do play hardcore.
Last edited by Daikata2427 on Mar 20, 2016, 3:50:41 PM
bump
Yes, please! Let us destroy the only content in PoE that is both challenging and free to run!

/end sarcasm

"
krunchor wrote:
1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game?

True. As far as I know, they are working on it. Interestingly, I hardly have problems with that, and I am arguably pretty much for sure on a worse internet connection than you are. Also pretty much for sure have a worse computer for PoE than you have.
As for point 8/10, because then you could Alt-F4 out of the game. They specifically said that they wanted to prevent that.

"
krunchor wrote:
2. they add nothing of substance to the game
3. annoying as hell
4. tedious as hell

They are adding challenge.

"
krunchor wrote:
5. hard to see if you are low life build

Get more light radius? There is a node for that.

"
krunchor wrote:
6. just not fun to play, period

Not fun for you maybe, but for many others.

"
krunchor wrote:
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty?

Interesting question. Maybe they should increase their damage on Cruel / Merciless, cause it seems like with most of them, you can just run through.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Dear GGG, i beg you to not listen to noobs. Majority of ppl likes this update, only noobs are complaining about how hard is it to play this game
"
Eugen wrote:
Dear GGG, i beg you to not listen to noobs. Majority of ppl likes this update, only noobs are complaining about how hard is it to play this game

Polls and the sharp falloff in player count after release say otherwise. If you're going to assert things for the majority, hey, I can do that too. A clear majority thinks traps need tweaking if not removal. ...and I have numbers to back my claim.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
Eugen wrote:

I don't think it is only "noobs" and maybe not even primarily. It is just people who do not like this kind of gameplay for whatever reason. Conclusion stays the same, though: GGG, please do not listen to them.

"
TheLastZica wrote:
"
Eugen wrote:

Polls and the sharp falloff in player count after release say otherwise. If you're going to assert things for the majority, hey, I can do that too. A clear majority thinks traps need tweaking if not removal. ...and I have numbers to back my claim.

Polls are skewed, because you are less likely to poll if you don't care or like traps. As for the player numbers: There is always a decline in player numbers after a big release. The one after Ascendancy seems steeper than in other cases, but the rise before the release was also steeper. Maybe it has to do with the strong advertisement that was performed before the release.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Polls are skewed, because you are less likely to poll if you don't care or like traps. As for the player numbers: There is always a decline in player numbers after a big release. The one after Ascendancy seems steeper than in other cases, but the rise before the release was also steeper. Maybe it has to do with the strong advertisement that was performed before the release.

People who genuinely like the traps as-is and have any awareness whatsoever that a large and vocal portion of the playerbase is after them with torches and pitchforks (and at this point, how could anyone not be aware?) will show up to protect what they want, as a noticeable number do, often resorting to offensive and immature name-calling in the process as seen above, which does not exactly present the faction well. Only the true don't cares are likely underrepresented, so your point holds no water.

As for the second, that still ends up saying that they're just going to lose all the extra players who initially showed up to see what Ascendancy was in practice (and possibly more given how many are still complaining even after so many are already gone,) thus making the whole thing lacklustre at best, and not the "biggest success of any expansion release so far" that was originally thought. It would be wiser to stem that tide and capitalize on what can be gained than to just let the opportunity fall flat.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
1. Any desync/lag while dealing with traps = bad - use special network mode
2. they add nothing of substance to the game - they are GREAT!
3. annoying as hell - blablabla
4. tedious as hell - blablabla
5. hard to see if you are low life build - your problems! Sell your shavs
6. just not fun to play, period - blablabla
7. When YOU DC in the Labyrinth you have to start all over again - thats logic!
8. Why aren't instances used in the labyrinth in case you DC? - thats logic!
9. Why does trap damage not scale with difficulty? - orly?
10. Why no individual instances for labyrinth like everything else in the game? - to prevent farming.

So totally we have: when you have DC, we should to have an ability to continue. I've got DC 2 times and 3 times died (1 to test and 2 in lag with izaro). So 5 times before on 6th i've passed lab.
And most annoying - when you have a DC, you need to restart all.

I know, that on HC here is alt+F4 monkeys who press it anytime. But for softcore - we can have a chance to continue from the place where we was disconnected. Keep on HC as is going, but add on SC this feature.

Thanks!
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
"
Char1983 wrote:

Interesting question. Maybe they should increase their damage on Cruel / Merciless, cause it seems like with most of them, you can just run through.

it scales. at least for burning one.
dart also hits harder
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info