[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
tobbe2k wrote:
How do you maintain enough str to keep leveling shockwave totem for this build? i just got it and i cant even equip it.. im a bit baffled

I go out of my way to wear a few str pieces, specifically a strength belt with dual res on it. Maxing res isn't difficult while leveling imho. And since it's a totem build you're usually safe enough that you can afford to wear requirement gear instead of perfect life/res/crit/spell dmg oriented gear.

You will also get.
10 from retribution node,
10 from Light of Divinity
10 from Purity of Flesh
10 below Shamanistic Fury

That's 40 you should have well before being of lvl to use shockwave totem. you also start with 23 as a Templar, that should give you 63 str. You'll need 67 to use a lvl 1 shockwave totem.
Any Strength belt, str amulet, hybrid amulet, Onyx Amulet, or piece of gear that happens to have +str on it should work perfectly well.

I honetly have far more issues with Dexterity.

If both are still a problem when you're leveling around lvl 45~ you should have made it to around Alacrity and Physique, two +30 nodes for Dex and Str respetively. Just temporarily grab those and they should solve the bulk of the problem. They're over just below EB Keystone.

Also instead of grabbing Cruel Preperation while lvling in your 40's, you can grab that regen node at Templar start called Sanctity for another +10 str. It's really just timing as you'll grab both sooner or later.

Hope that helps.

Btw, I said I'd report back about those Axium staves for leveling, so far so good. They also allow one to use Leapslam with a faster attack gem for movement which I find more convenient than Whirling blades (obstacles). LifeSprig is just as good but you can buy Axium's for pretty much 1-2 Alterations each. LifeSprig is 1 fusing to 1 chaos for a cheap one in the current Perandus sc leaque. So, whichever one prefers.

Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Mar 16, 2016, 3:22:04 PM
Thx for the build!
Just killed Atziri.

Vessel of the vaal is probably the hardest, its ball lightning totally wrecks the totems and ES, died 2 times here. However, the 3 bosses is very easy and Atziri is just slightly harder but still easy. Below is what i used to clear the Apex, nothing fanciful or fantastic

48k dps in ho. need new dps shield
"
Just killed Atziri.

Vessel of the vaal is probably the hardest, its ball lightning totally wrecks the totems and ES, died 2 times here. However, the 3 bosses is very easy and Atziri is just slightly harder but still easy. Below is what i used to clear the Apex, nothing fanciful or fantastic

Awesome dude, thanks for sharing your feedback!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Make sure to add the jewels at that point in time!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting

Hi I crafted this and as I don't have a Divinarius was wondering if there is much of a damage difference between the 2. As I went SWT Assassin that may also impact the answer and don't want to buy a max roll Divinarius to test. Any replies would be great.

Cheers
having a hard time at level 50 keeping up mana..cast 2 totems and out.

what does this mean exactly

Note: If you have trouble sustaining the cost of Shockwave Totem via your energy shield, I'd recommend temporarily speccing into Zealot's Oath (skill-tree close to the templar) and using the Stone Golem. Using these two together, greatly increases ES regen. This shouldn't be necessary for end-game though!

how are you using es to cast spells, fist time trying something like this
"
IceHyde wrote:

Hi I crafted this and as I don't have a Divinarius was wondering if there is much of a damage difference between the 2. As I went SWT Assassin that may also impact the answer and don't want to buy a max roll Divinarius to test. Any replies would be great.

Cheers

your crafted dagger will have more dps. Your dagger have 4% more crit chance than a max-rolled divinarius, and the 32% crit multi with your crafted flat lightning dmg mod, far outweighs the extra 11% spell dmg you can get from a max divinarius

"
Daddyboo wrote:

Note: If you have trouble sustaining the cost of Shockwave Totem via your energy shield, I'd recommend temporarily speccing into Zealot's Oath (skill-tree close to the templar) and using the Stone Golem. Using these two together, greatly increases ES regen. This shouldn't be necessary for end-game though!

If you took the EB node, you will cast from your ES first before mana

Basically, zealot oath converts life regen into es regen, and stone golem adds quite alot of life regen by itself. Thus it kinda function like mana regen

If you are still casting from mana, just turn on hatred will do. Leave the other 50% for casting and use a mana pot

"
"
IceHyde wrote:

Cheers

your crafted dagger will have more dps. Your dagger have 4% more crit chance than a max-rolled divinarius, and the 32% crit multi with your crafted flat lightning dmg mod, far outweighs the extra 11% spell dmg you can get from a max divinarius

"
Daddyboo wrote:

If you took the EB node, you will cast from your ES first before mana

Basically, zealot oath converts life regen into es regen, and stone golem adds quite alot of life regen by itself. Thus it kinda function like mana regen

If you are still casting from mana, just turn on hatred will do. Leave the other 50% for casting and use a mana pot

Thanks for the reply, I thought I would have more dps from the crafted dagger. The rest of Divinarius makes a better quality of life with the life/mana on kill and the extra 10% radius, though since I am using a carcass jack already would that 10% make much of a difference? maybe when I go single target and swap in my conc gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info