[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

"
Ceincaled wrote:
Did I miss something or why do you use Controlled Destruction on a crit build? Wouldn't Increased Critical Strikes or Increased Critical Damage be more sensible?

While controlled destruction reduces your crit chance (4-6%) it still adds a ton of damage by making both your crits and non-crits deal extra damage :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Sure it can work! :)
Which points would you remove to go for the power charges without having to level to 99 ?

Just finished 112 talent points and are looking at investing in a void battery, but kinda want the +3 power charges for the tree first.

My tree is as followed, I am not specc into MoM + the 2 small life nodes of 5% respective 6%.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDFIOSBEtES8RlhZvFr8c3B0UHwIkqiaVKgsqEysKLJwtHzLRNj02xTbpPAU9X0GWRKFFR0WdSVFJsUyzUlNTUlVLVcZY5VorXfJeXWHiZJ1mnmjyakNsjG0ZcFJ8g3_Ggh6Cm4Pbg_OEb4nTi4yMNo5kjxqPRo_6km6TJ5UglS6XlZf0mjua4J2qn9-hL6IAoqOj8qcIp5Soua4SrrO1SLb6vFa-isBUwGbAmsHz0B_Q9dH90nzUQtWm18_Z_NsL42rrY-vu6_XtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfem-Tf53frS
Last edited by Ruze on Mar 14, 2016, 7:17:29 AM
Without MoM it will be way too rippy mate. MoM is your main defence.

I'd spec out of the top crit nodes if anything.
Instruments of virtue add dps to our totems?

Hey can I get a quick item check. I'm level 83 in HC Perandus. Finding the build very tanky and strong. Only ran maps as high as tier 8 so far. I'm just wondering what I should sink my currency into next.

I need to re-colour the spirit shield so I can re-link faster attacks in and I decided to go with the orb of storms/PCoC/Assassins mark I saw earlier in the thread to keep power charges up and dropped vaal discipline because I never found myself struggling to maintain my shield (with about 2k). tooltip dps is 20k with charges up and for ascendancy I swapped to Augury of Penitence after trying out both.

Thanks, and thanks for the great build!
Edited and corrected a few typos in guide!
If dex is a major issue, one can go to the right of deep wisdom for a free +10 dex along the path. Essentially swaps one of those upper +10 int nodes for a +10 dex node. It would probably effect leveling progression so I'd suggest respecing that only once one is able to without consequence. Not much in the grand scheme of things but it'll lesson item burden nonetheless.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDFIOSBEtES8RlhZvFr8abBzcHRQfAiL0JKomlSoLKhMrCiycMtE2PTbFNuk6WDwFPV9BlkShRUdFnUlRSbFMs1JTU1JVS1XGWOVaK13yXl1h4mKsZJ1mnmjyakNsC2yMbRlwUnX9fIN_xoIegpuD24PzhG-FMonTi4yMNo5kjxqP-pJukyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnaqf36EvogCio6Pyp5Soua4SrrO1SLb6vFa-isBUwGbAmsHz0B_Q9dH90nzVptfP2fzbC-Nq5CLrY-vu6_XtPO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfem-Tf53frS

Hey man, i was wondering if this build could be converted into a MF build? I realllllly like the idea of having shockwave totems and there is not much MF builds up at this time :(
Hey Lifting,
Thanks for the build bro. Too bad I ripped @ level 76 early Saturday morning to Perandus box lag. Framerate dropped to around 1 frame per second (really) in a Zana map. Ripped before I could do anything and I'm not good at logging yet.

Not sure what I really did wrong with the character, followed your guide to the letter. Must have just been poor equipment. Everyone here seems to talk like you can faceroll with this build and I was definitely not able to do that LOL. :)

Equipment:
Spoiler
Last edited by Shinare on Mar 14, 2016, 4:41:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info