[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

Has this build been updated for 2.5? Also how does this compare to ancestral warchief damage?
"
OCHOMILLA wrote:
Has this build been updated for 2.5? Also how does this compare to ancestral warchief damage?

play warchief for raw dps.
I am not receiving any power charges even though assassin's mark says cursed enemies grant 30% chance to receive a power charge. I am using assassin's mark constantly while the totems are attacking, however I am not obtaining any power charges. Am I doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding something?
Is there a way to leech life from this shockwave totem?
Or it must use only life flask to gain life.
No you use flasks to recover health. it works okay. I use 3 health flasks, one quicksilver and one diamond (lucky crits on bosses / tough packs makes a big difference)
Some feedback from a learning-on-the-job player, now with 280 hours played since Dec 2016 (Breach league)

I'm using this build in 2.6 Legacy League, just hit level 84. I'm a fairly casual player, this is my second char.

I was lucky to find a Tabula Rasa on day 3 of the Legacy league when I was level 11! This Tabula has carried me through to level 83 as I'm not rich. I've just bought a 6L armour with ES, Life and quite a bit of resists. Can't afford the recommended armour.

My shockwave and attached gems are lvl19 at the moment, and each totem does 23.7K DPS using IAO, or 36.1K DPS with Conc Effect. I sometimes use Conc for bosses but more often than not I forget.

Life and resists are essential to this build. I kept getting my butt handed to me in low-tier maps by lightning and cold damage until recently. Tabula is a risky trade-off!

Now however, this is a tough, survivable build at around lvl 5&6 maps. It's not *too* laggy either which helps because both my PC and laptop are really not up to the graphics and have to have settings dialled right down. Getting my resists up to 75%+ in nightmare is something I should have done much earlier, even at the cost of DPS.

This build is NOT much fun on dried lake party runs as they are usually full of fast players and by the time your totem is cast, everything is dead already. You just have to guzzle Quicksilver flasks and try to hang on to the coat tails of the fastest player, trying to help out where possible.

I am not using Vaal Discipline. I've never found one and haven't bothered buying the pair recommended. I'll admit I don't understand the benefit and it's not explained in the OP. I also am not sure why blood magic is used with whirling blades, although I still use it. For a while when my life was lower it put me off using this useful movement skill.

Diamond flasks are ace with this build as they make your crits lucky. There's a very nice improvement on boss kill speed with this.

Don't forget to put a 6-gems worth of weapons in your weapon switch and fill them with gems to level for sale. You never switch weapons with this build so it makes sense to be levelling gems as a side-line. They get xp even when they are swapped out, so pick some that will sell well once levelled and leave them to soak up those xp points.

Last edited by FinalGodSlayer on Apr 30, 2017, 10:04:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info